ADVERTISEMENT

Marcelo Rodriguez....

He's a diamond in the rough our staff with heavy connections in South Florida brought to Southern Miss football camp last summer and offered him on spot!! Rodriguez committed and fell in luv with Southern Miss! Kid played in high level 7A or 8A football in very competitive Miami football district! Yes he's a diamond in the rough!!!

I noticed he didn't have any other D1 offers, which I assume is because he commited so early. Hop already had great things to say about him. He wore #9 in high school as Nick Mullens #9 now. I still have concerns about breaking in a new qb, but I do feel better about it after hearing the report from practice.

We don't have the all conference and NFL training camp QB starter like in Mullins but we have more depth in the position than last year.

Griggs will take the first snap against Kentucky. We will probably run the ball 65% of the time in the first few games and go from there. I am sure it will be a battle between Griggs and Howard all year. It sounds like Rodriguez could factor in very soon too.

Reactions: JonesCountyEagle
If USM qbs can make those short to medium throws and prevent turnovers, they have a chance against UK. If Ito can rush for 100 yards I say we can win. I know I am being too optomistic, but a surprisingly good performance will lead to a W.

5 TDs in the scrimmage...against which string defense? I don"t and couldn't find any other D1 offers...don't know how he could be missed....

BTW I found an interview with Rodriguez(sorry can't link from phone) on youtube where Michigan and Purdue were interested in him. He seems to have an above average strength throw but most importantly a very nice touch when throwing passes. There are a few videos on youtube. We are fortunate to have him.

There was a video on twitter where he threw the ball from the 50 and split the uprights by more than a little, so the dude has an arm.

... split the uprights by more than a little....
Looking...looking....fires downfield....and it's caught and then dropped for a first down.....and now-they're-gonna-say-the ball was tipped....and...did they get it?........we're waiting to.......well, the UAB offense is now coming out onto the field.....so the blazers will have the ball at their own 47 yard line.

Last edited:
At least we have that.
images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT