ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of football signing day info here...

I noticed that the signing period for football is actually 2 different signing periods that started at the same time. The early signing period for high school and JC players that will not graduate until May runs from 20 Dec to 22 Dec, and the mid-year JC signing period for December JC graduates runs from 20 Dec to 15 Jan.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html

I do not know. With 3 different signing periods, I am sure the shortage at running back will be addressed at some point.

Interesting, I take it that he is definitely coming here as a QB. We have 4 others from Florida, 2 from Niceville, and the big guy they moved to TE. The kid from Miami gets the press, the JUCO Abraham looks promising, Griggs is the incumbent, so Keon looks like the odd-man-out. I think he can play running back, strong safety, and maybe even linebacker. I suppose you can't have too many qb's. But, if the roster is accurate, we have a bunch. Keon is a fine young fellow and I wish him the best. If I were him I would head to Alcorn.

No, he’s too good of an athlete and I believe he likes it here. You’ll never convince me this kid can’t contribute in a big way to this team. It’s up to Hopson to find his niche. Personally, if he can learn to hold on to the pigskin, RB would be one position. If he has good hands, HB. If not, LB if he likes contact. I just want to see him play, but I believe QB is not his strength as of now. Actually, Griggs will find it hard holding on to his job. Too much talent behind them, Abraham, Rodriguez, and now Whatley. Bottom line, he wants to be on the field. Our talent level has improved. Weakness now is QB, RB, and DB. We’ll have to out score some teams because our secondary will be young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT