ADVERTISEMENT

Let Them Hit !!!

SSME

BGN Hall of Fame
Oct 28, 2002
Our bats have to get hot again to offset our pitching woes.

What is the problem? Each year we see this same thing. Our bats start hot, and then fade away as the season goes. Early we face lesser strength in pitching, yes, but my "stinking instincts" tell me something else is a work.

We have young men that can hit. They have always been able to hit, from their days in little league they have hit the ball.

Honestly, what we should have seen is that they should get stronger as the season goes. Experience and practice at the plate should do that.

What's up ???

Last edited:
Our bats have to get hot again to offset our pitching woes.

What is the problem? Each year we see this same thing. Our bats start hot, and then fade away as the season goes. Early we face lesser strength in pitching, yes, but my "stinking instincts" tell me something else is a work.

We have young men that can hit. They have always been able to hit, from their days in little league they have hit the ball.

Honestly, what we should have seen is that they should get stronger as the season goes. Experience and practice at the plate should do that.

What's up ???

Our first four CUSA series were against the four worst pitching staffs in the conference. The last three series have been against teams ranked 1,2 and 4 in team earned run average. Add in the loss of Braley and you had to figure they wouldn't continue at the pace they were on during that stretch. Good news is we get a couple of teams, WKU and FIU, in the final three weekends that are ranked 7 and 8 in ERA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT