ADVERTISEMENT

Just got in from a wedding, what the heck is going on.......?

I'm assuming there aren't many fans at the stadium to see this disaster.
The offense has spluttered quite a bit. Poor play calling in my opinion. Not using your play makers. Too many plays to Tez, and Griggs keepers.

The defense has played well at times, and they have also looked lost quite a lot.

Little pressure on the QB.

Last edited:
The D' looks good on one play, then it's like "that should do it", we don't look ready for the next play, and they kill us . It looks like we often don't know where the ball is. There was a long reception with three of our guys in the vicinity , but nobody even knew the ball was on the way.
Hands on hips and slow to line up at times could say they are tired? What are they constantly looking to the sidelines for, right up to the snap.

They started hot, but you could literally watch the fire go out on D.

That personal foul really hurt.

Reactions: scotteagle
Penalties killed one drive, and set nt up for a TD on another.

Heres what happened:

Team Stats

Stat Name
nnp.png
Southern-Miss-Golden-Eagles_70x70.png

First Downs 24 18
Passes for First 11 10
Rushes for First 10 7
Penalties for First 3 1
Third Down Efficiency 9-21 5-15
Fourth Down Efficiency 4-4 0-2
Total Yards 540 415
Total Plays 87 71
Avg Gain Per Play 6.2 5.8
Net Yards Rushing 174 145
Rushes 46 29
Yards Per Rush 3.8 5.0

Stat Name
nnp.png
Southern-Miss-Golden-Eagles_70x70.png

Net Yards Passing 366 270
Comp-Att 24-41 19-42
Yards Per Pass 8.9 6.4
Times Sacked 1 2
Yds Lost To Sacks 3 14
Interceptions 1 0
Punts 4 8
Punt Average 39.5 33.3
Penalties 3 6
Penalty Yards 19 64
Fumbles 2 0
Fumbles Lost 1 0

Reverse those and we would be celebrating total domination of NT. As it is, they can celebrate that and we can nit-pick various calls ... if only we ran Ito more; Pass more; Block better..etc

This shows:

1) Their offense is better than ours. Their QB is better; Their RB, Wilson, is better; Their O-Line is better; Their WR's are better
2) Their defense is better than ours. Their D-Line is better; Their LB's are better; Their pass protection is better;

Our team is pretty mediocre. We will be lucky to go 6-6 and go to the NO Bowl. Next year doesn't promise much improvement. Business as usual. Those good teams, 80-82, 88-90, 97, 2011 .. etc are an anomaly
and not status quo. We are currently a Business as usual team.

Reactions: scotteagle
The better team won. They are vastly improved and brought one on the best quarterbacks into the rock I've seen in quite a while. We will be okay. Still rebuilding and very average at a few key positions. Officiating was poor again.

Only thing I would disagree with is their running back isn't better and it cost us dearly. 13 carries for Ito? He had a 7.8 yard average. You're up 21-7, you don't abandon the run at that point, you run it even more. ToP absolutely killed us (along with some moronic penalties). Terrible coaching....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT