ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too early to start the "Fire Sadler" campaign?

Oct 31, 2002
20 point loss to JSU!?

Are you kidding me? I, as many of you, knew this was the wrong hire. Loser Johnson all over again.

Going to have to suffer for a couple of years before McGillis learns his lesson
mad.r191677.gif

hell no its not too early. mcgillis is a POS like EJ. the lowlife hired a loser friend. I don't blame sadler...he is simply pathetic and cant help it. he should have never been hired. and who hired the AD? the president! he hired a friend too, rather than the best man for the job. USM is screwed indefinitely, as long as these loser trashballs are around.

Originally posted by Wonder Boy Eagle:
20 point loss to JSU!?

Are you kidding me? I, as many of you, knew this was the wrong hire. Loser Johnson all over again.
Yes. While things are looking bleak, it's a bit early. He walked into a pretty bad situation. I'm watching to see how he is able to recruit now that he has his feet on the ground.

Be glad you didn't see the Georgia State game in person like I did (you might have been there, but for the sake of argument, let's say you weren't). One of our players actually threw the ball into the stands when he tried to pass it to a teammate. Then our guys kept spending more time passing the ball to each other on the perimeter rather than being aggressive and pushing into the paint and taking shots. They'd finally try to lob one off just before the shot clock ran out. That is how you got the shot clock violation yesterday. And it eventually got to the point that all of the passing the ball back and forth led to turnovers that GSU capitalized on. We had a head coach seemingly spending more time sitting in his chair watching the game than on his feet coaching his team. The guys weren't very aggressive. The ball handling was sloppy. Shots weren't being taken very often. When they were taken there were more than a few missed shots (they even had trouble making baskets during warmup at the end of halftime). This was the worst Southern Miss mens basketball team I had seen in a decade and I would concur that this team may actually be worse than Eustachy's early teams - who were terrible to watch.

All of this to say Georgia State showed signs of being a sloppy team itself. They had some rough ball handling of their own (especially early on) but they hustled on the court and were aggressive with taking shots. We made them look like world beaters. I think one of their players scored somewhere around 27-30 points.

It was very disappointing.

All I can say to your post its WOW!!! Do you (we ) have a clue what he inherited? Which is, not good enough talent to win in any league. And how easy will it be for ANYONE to convince a player that is good enough, to come to Southern Miss with pending NCAA infractions? I will just repost what I wrote in the "where is the Outrage" thread. It will save us both some time.

That outrage should be towards our AD and former coach who got us in this situation. Tyndall won a lot of games but after the NCAA gets through with us due to Tyndall's alleged illegal Prop 48 practices, getting an improved roster will be tough. As far as Doc goes; prior to his last 2 years at Nebraska, he won more games than any prior Nebraska coach in his first 4 years. Now granted, it was Nebraska basketball. But he was the only school in the Big 12 (prior to their move to the Big 10) that did not have a practice facility and the academic exceptions went to football. (For obvious reasons). Bottom line, Doc didn't recruit good enough and Tim Miles has the benefit of the new practice faciilty and Brand new Downtown Arena.
The firing of two of Tyndall's current staff should tell us all, that the writing is on the wall. I am not worried if our AD hired an old buddy or whatever. I am more worried that alleged such blatant disregard of NCAA Rules happened under his watch?
So if Doc is smart, we won't have to hope he gets canned after one year, because it will be in his best interest to bail from this firestorm. And somewhere in this thread I saw the words, " at his age." He is in his last years of coaching but he would not have taken the job unless he felt he could win the league. Personally, I think he belongs at a mid-major. I would guess that once he saw the lack of talent and character of players that he inherted, and now with the NCAA is up our butt with a microscope at no fault of his, the rebuilding of the dumpster fire is better left to an up and comer.

This isn't the same team that won 29 games. All five starters are gone from last season. I thought if things went well they'd win 17 games. Now that we've lost a couple of players I think they'll be lucky to win 12. Can't blame all this on Doc.

Was McGillis the President's choice? Didn't he launch an AD search with some of his Georgia cronies serving as consultants. maybe Vince Dooley?

I do, in fact know what he inherited. We should still never lose like that to Jackson State, sorry, 1-9 Jackson State. Do you not expect more from your team?

Regardless of where the outrage is directed, we have a coach who can't beat the easy teams on our schedule.

We can't score with a pencil which translates to poor shooting. You think Nebraska should have beaten Incarnate Word? Or Michigan State beat Texas Southern? And they lost at home!!! You think those BCS schools may have a little better talent?

Did you really say that??? Have you seen who is no longer on the roster???? How about 80% of LAST YEARS scoring.

Gonna have to give Doc a fair shot to recruit. He has only a handful of mid level D1 talent. Again its become a rebuilding job that we must be patient with and support. I will.

It's going to be a short, painful season. In the meantime, we basketball fans can watch to see if any of our young players start to mature as the season progresses. Hard to watch, but that's about all we have at this point.

No areYOU kidding ME!!?? If you blame the current status of our basketball team on Doc, then you just don't understand and no amount of explaining would be enough!

most of you people are despicable that are defending sadler. he is HORRIBLE. you idiots are whining and crying about him losing most of the starters from last year. the same thing was said last year before the season. DT lost most of the starters didn't he? faired pretty well for him. we should not EVER lose by 20 at home (or anywhere) to jsu. the talent on our bench should be far superior to their starters.

sickens me to see how dumb and thick headed some of you morons are. yes, im being brutal, but its bc this garbage is like re-opening a wound with EJ. I complained and predicted how terrible a hire he would be, before he was selected or stepped on campus. most anyone with common sense felt the same way. but no....we had all these imbeciles on here making excuses for the old, loser trashball. even after each of his terrible hires...people defended him. some idiots defended him 3/4 through the season. HOWS THAT LOOK NOW? HOW DO YOU FEEL?

NOW....its obvious once again that Sadler is another HORRIBLE hire. some of us knew that IMMEDIATELY! both of them destroyed in ONE season, programs with GREAT success. and here we go again.....with the dumb idiots defending this moron of a coach.

yeah, this post is negative, but im sick of hearing these people defend these obvious bad hires. get it through your skull....another bad decision was made...and we are going through BB what we went through with in FB. considering the new Pres was responsible for the new AD and the new AD is responsible for the new BB coach.....just TRY to think about how messed up USM athletics is right now. there is no reason to have no faith in the Pres. he did a good ole boy hire of a Georgia friend. the AD did the same with the Sad hire. just like aunt Martha (or whomever) did. no real difference. its like people are using the school to hire their buddies and nothing more. ive witnessed this in another setting and seen how things fall apart when ethics and integrity and honesty are thrown out the window. it doesn't bode well. do we really have faith that the AD will make the proper Baseball hire once the current coach falls on his face again?

whats worse is we are stuck with this president and AD for probably years now. can they change their ways for the better? maybe....idk. they have given us no reason to believe they will change. the more they get away with, the more empowered they will be to keep hiring their friends rather than the best candidates for the job.

at least TM is an admirable person and is making some better decisions it seems with the program. if he turns it around in a year or two and bolts....I have ZERO faith in current administration. I never believed in or understood search committees. I thought they were a waste of money. but at least I see the point of them now. could help keep the good ole boy system of hiring your old friend. the one put together for the AD search was a joke to begin with, however. was a setup.

anyway...I had to rant. im sickened by some of the posts on here defending such hires, almost as much as Im sickened by the hires themselves.

we just lost to a TERRIBLE team by 20 (TWEENTY!) points...who lost to a terrible Southern Utah team by 20 and to someone called UTPA.

lol. Sadler is a joke and should resign! but hey..."he's one funny dude", tweeted our AD when he hired him. freaking wow!

and another little nugget....SADler inherited a program that has had 5 (FIVE) consecutive 20+ win seasons. so how do you think this will turn out for him, now that he will be trying to rebuild a program he destroyed in less than one year? think about it. how do you think it would have worked out for EJ, had he stayed and recruited after turning a 12-2 team to 0-12? the guy most likely wont win another game all year!!!
This post was edited on 1/8 9:55 PM by sprint-draw gandy!

Yeah and fan support is quickly headed back to the the 2005 levels. Maybe worse. They freaking suck.

Outside of Carey, I'm pretty sure the bench players are walk-ons that Sadler recruited from the Hardy St. McDonalds
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Some of you don't know your basketball. When DT came he returned 2 starters from LE"s NCAA team. 5 players overall.

He brought in 9 new players.

From last year Doc could of had Brown back (a starter) but could not convince him to stay. Matt Bingaya started a butt load of games last year. Jerimiah Eason was a starter last year. Chip Armelin started several games and was important off the bench. Norville Carey played a lot his freshman year and some last year. Devon Hayes was hurt or he would have played a lot. He played a good deal in the Bahamas. Millinhaus quit. Suarez was DT recruit. All of the top players are DT recruits.

Whom did we lose when DT took over? Graduated: Maurice Bolden, Darnell Dobson, Angelo Johnson, Torye Pellam, Ahyaro Phillips. Did not return: Richard Carlisle, Keith DeWitt, Alaghga Franklin, LaShay Page.

Who did DT bring in that year? Chip Armelin, Daveon Boardinham, Jerrold Brooks, Aaron Brown, Norville Carey, Matt Bingaya, Johnny Zuppardo, Davon Hayes.

Next Argument please.

Don't blame Doc. Blame the adminstration who hired Tydall and allowed such blantant disregard of the rules to go on. This team is VOID of mid-major talent and some feel because Tydall brought them here; they can play. I am not going to even get into the character issues, which makes sense because Tydall has shown his true character as well.
The NCAA has interviewed EVERY player that Tydall recruited. Those that are still here and those that left. They are coming back this month to interview our players again. Tell the truth and you can still play. Lie, and your done.
Sounds like a great atmosphere to build a team. All Doc did was inherit a dumpster fire and now has little hope of attracting anyone worth a dang to come play here with the pending NCAA investigation.
I don't know Doc from Adam, but my anger it toward the A.D. and the supposedly Brillant Tyndall. Tyndall is Done and will not coach again after the NCAA gets through with him.

Originally posted by Golden Fan:
Don't blame Doc. Blame the adminstration who hired Tydall and allowed such blantant disregard of the rules to go on. This team is VOID of mid-major talent and some feel because Tydall brought them here; they can play. I am not going to even get into the character issues, which makes sense because Tydall has shown his true character as well.
The NCAA has interviewed EVERY player that Tydall recruited. Those that are still here and those that left. They are coming back this month to interview our players again. Tell the truth and you can still play. Lie, and your done.
Sounds like a great atmosphere to build a team. All Doc did was inherit a dumpster fire and now has little hope of attracting anyone worth a dang to come play here with the pending NCAA investigation.
I don't know Doc from Adam, but my anger it toward the A.D. and the supposedly Brillant Tyndall. Tyndall is Done and will not coach again after the NCAA gets through with him.
so much wrong with this stupid post, i wont even try to respond.

I like Doc as a person. It is still to be proven if can recruit and coach. He should be given a chance.

But the information posted above is not about how I feel it is the facts about players.

I will say this. There is a big difference in coaching players raised in the Midwest region and kids raised in the south and inner city Project areas. What I'm saying is it took LE two years or more or figure that out. That is one reason the DT players are giving Doc trouble. They are not used to someone telling them I'm not going to yell at you or take you out of the game when you screw up. I'm not going to hold you out of a game for being 5 minutes late for a scheduled event. I'm not going to have you stop by my office twice a day to see me. I'm not going to monitor your class attendance. You are all big boys now, so put on your big boy britches and police yourselves.

Aaron Brown, Jamie Chapman, Cedric Jenkins, Chip Armelein are a few exceptions to that case that I can think of right now.

I know for a 100% fact that is basically what he told the players. I also know DT, love him or hate him, ruled with an iron fist over the players. I was there and I saw it first hand. I spent 9 days staying with the team in the Bahamas and attended many practices at RGC.

Originally posted by Golden Fan:
413290741_5822266342_dumbass_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

Legendary I appreciate your post but I want to ask which AD to you blame for where we are today. Our current AD did not hire Tyndall, so are you saying the General is responsible for the NCAA investigation?

Originally posted by Daphne Eagle:
Legendary I appreciate your post but I want to ask which AD to you blame for where we are today. Our current AD did not hire Tyndall, so are you saying the General is responsible for the NCAA investigation?
I cant speak for legendary, but I can say I don't give two @#$s about the investigation right now. that's not the issue. the investigation and whatever becomes of it, has virtually nothing to do with the fact that Sadler was a pitiful hire and he is a pitiful coach and is 100% responsible for the crappy team we have on the floor this year. that's not DTs fault. so how about you address the current AD and his terrible hire? the previous AD mad a great hire in DT. most wins we have ever had...two years running. then we go to the least we have ever had. sound familiar? it should...it happened in football too. guessing you blamed fedora.

An investigation is just that. DT nor USM is guilty of any violations right now.

Legendary, you do understand that I could call the Police Department and report you for any crime that I want to say I witnessed you commit? There would be some level of investigation against you.

I have not heard one peep out of anyone condemning the USM supporter that would have had to provide the money to pay off these student loans. Surely you are not suggesting DT paid them out of his pocket?

The last article I could find from USA Today suggest that 97% of all investigations by the NCAA result in no sanctions or no proof of guilt.

I will be appropriately outraged when we know the truth about the allegations.

First, my apologies to Legend, I was responding to what I thought he had posted. Second, Tyndall did a great job for us. I made the 4.5 hr round trip drive on many weekend games, and Fedora is at the top of coaches that have been at USM since I started following from 79 to the present. Now Gandy my question to you is what are you doing to change what is going on with the BB program? Are you lining up donors to buy the coach's contract out or you using this platform to only rant how unhappy you are?

Originally posted by Daphne Eagle:
Now Gandy my question to you is what are you doing to change what is going on with the BB program? Are you lining up donors to buy the coach's contract out or you using this platform to only rant how unhappy you are?
its not my job or duty or responsibility to do anything about it. that's the dumbest question ive ever seen posed to someone on a message board. you are just trying to divert attention to the issue and problem and subject matter of the thread. the issue, is getting all the numbskulls on this board to stop making excuses for the obvious pathetic hire and job the administration has done regarding the basketball (and AD ) hire. if some of the folks on here can snap out of their clouded understanding and irrational view on that matter, then that will perhaps increase the number of unhappy campers to voice their feelings, as opposed to having a herd of sheep that only enable the wreck that's been created and perpetuate the problem. I think if my posts help do that, then that's a good start.

This post was edited on 1/10 10:50 AM by sprint-draw gandy!

we just lost 75-40 to UTEP. "but...but....give Doc a chance! its not his fault! he needs to get his recruits in here before we judge him!"

idiots.

Seems like every new coach at USM is always walking into a bad situation. Why is that?

Originally posted by sprint-draw gandy!:

we just lost 75-40 to UTEP. "but...but....give Doc a chance! its not his fault! he needs to get his recruits in here before we judge him!"

idiots.
We don't have the most talented team in the conference and we are probably the youngest but talent is not really the problem. We have enough talent to be competitive most nights, but we haven't been competitive since the middle of December. The team played well enough early on in the season but they have gotten steadily worse in my opinion. Sadler is over coaching them. He should just minimize his coaching and back off and let them play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT