ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me, or has to offense regressed each of the last 3 years.

ElectroEagle

Starter
Jul 31, 2003
Think its time to understand what Kentucky was saying about Dawson, which we all turned a blind eye too when he beat them that first game.

USM running game must improve and the silly mistakes must improve. This loss will only help things get better. Two gift touchdowns cost the team tonight. Jack is special, but the the young OL will have to mature. They will and the team has the motivation to improve. FSU is losing to Samford for crying out loud...

Belly dives in critical situations, changing the play and scrambling around and then running a dive play....running the same running play over and over again expecting it to finally work....the Oline and the defensive backfield looked horrendous, if the ULM QB could play at all we would've lost by 21...all this to say.......Ito Smith was vastly underrated.....he carried our sorry @&&e& the last 4 years....wow. We are in deep feces....Fire Shannon tonight....

Speaking of Ito carrying us for 4 years. Why in the world did we not ever speak to Scottie Phillips from Jones JC. Ole Miss came in on him late. He is tearing it up for them. USM never sniffed him. Not even when in high school at South Jones.

Its been said "Can't build a team recruiting juco kids, got to have kids for 4 years", but come on. When they constitute an improvement and winning now, in a program on the edge like we have been for about 7 years now, get the ones that help win NOW.

We also only havn't about 64 scholarship players on roster. Hasn't been this bad since Monkens 3rd year. We are probably 3-4 more years from having a full roster.

But something with this offense has to give. Abraham is better than many of us ever hoped he would be. I have heard people say we would win 2 games more this year with Griggs than with Abraham. I don't think thats the case. He is clearly better. And our O-line and stable of RB's were to be the bright spots on this team. Its the exact opposite. QB and WR's are the bright spots. O-line and RB's flat out suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT