ADVERTISEMENT

Independence Bowl...

A lot of things have to happen before we do get a shot at the Liberty bowl. If the LB can't fill their two slots, or one slot then we will certainly be a team they would consider. Our fan base travels well to that bowl and travels well in general to bowl games within driving distance.

He wasn't asking about the Liberty, he was asking about the Independence. It looks like one of the conferences with a tie in to it will not fill all of their slots (or both conferences I have read in other places) so the Independence bowl is looking at possible fill ins.

I'd take the Liberty just as well, which come to think of it, is in the same situation possibly as the Indy Bowl, if one conference can't fill its allotment, then that opens up a spot:)

A lot of things have to happen before we do get a shot at the Liberty bowl. If the LB can't fill their two slots, or one slot then we will certainly be a team they would consider. Our fan base travels well to that bowl and travels well in general to bowl games within driving distance.

I was there when we made our last trip, played Urban Meyer and Utah. USM fans filled the entire East side of the Liberty Bowl. I am told one fleet leaving Hattiesburg included over 400 cars.

Munz said rep was there at game today. Would we get a shot at the SEC?
I believe they were there encase Auburn lost to Georgia. Auburn won so it looks like the ACC and SEC will fill all their bowl slots. The Liberty bowl is not in trouble of filling its slots either. So it is most likely the Dallas or N O Bowl for us. Either looks good, but I like New Orleans because we would take about two times as many fans.

I believe they were there encase Auburn lost to Georgia. Auburn won so it looks like the ACC and SEC will fill all their bowl slots. The Liberty bowl is not in trouble of filling its slots either. So it is most likely the Dallas or N O Bowl for us. Either looks good, but I like New Orleans because we would take about two times as many fans.
Huh? http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2015/11/14/georgia-auburn
Auburn would have to beat Idaho, Vandy would have to beat aTm & Tenn, Kentucky would have to beat Charlotte and Louisville and Mizzou would have to beat Tenn or Ark. South Carolina is done. Looks like only 10 SEC teams make bowls this year unless Auburn loses to Idaho. Don't see Mizzou beating ether Tenn or Arkansas. Arkansas may be the 2nd best team in the conference. So if only 10 go, which is most likely and the champion is in the Playoff. Indy bowl would be the most likely one open.http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-conference-tie-ins

Reactions: SosoDude
I'm not sure that Kentucky can beat Louisville....so I'd like to know more about the whole playing OM in the Indy Bowl....what is this, just a rumor or is this legit?

I'm not sure that Kentucky can beat Louisville....so I'd like to know more about the whole playing OM in the Indy Bowl....what is this, just a rumor or is this legit?
Probably pretty slim. The Indy bowl is the #9 or 10 bowl for both the SEC and the ACC. With both conferences mostly likely getting at team in the playoff, the chances for both not filling a team is pretty good with the ACC just about guaranteed not to which is the most likely reason a scout was at our game. The ACC will only have at most 9 Bowl eligible teams. The most likely team from the SEC would be one of the lowest rated teams. Auburn or if Kentucky can get by Louisville. Ole Miss will most likely get one of the bigger bowls. Would like to see us play Auburn in Shreveport.

Munz said the rep liked what he saw. Not sure if he meant the rep liked what he saw on the field or in the stands or maybe both?

Huh? http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2015/11/14/georgia-auburn
Auburn would have to beat Idaho, Vandy would have to beat aTm & Tenn, Kentucky would have to beat Charlotte and Louisville and Mizzou would have to beat Tenn or Ark. South Carolina is done. Looks like only 10 SEC teams make bowls this year unless Auburn loses to Idaho. Don't see Mizzou beating ether Tenn or Arkansas. Arkansas may be the 2nd best team in the conference. So if only 10 go, which is most likely and the champion is in the Playoff. Indy bowl would be the most likely one open.http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-conference-tie-ins
Okay, the SEC bowl tie ins I looked up said 10 bowls and it looked like it was saying they counted the play off. Taking a second look, it looks like they were not very clear on that in saying they had 10 and counted the playoff as one, but put a note out to the side for the Sugar Bowl. So I think you are right. The SEC will probably not have 11 teams qualify and we should get the Independence Bowl.

I would think CUSA would have to fulfill their agreement with our bowl tie ins first before they go letting a team play in another bowl without a tie in. So far I think CUSA only has like 4 teams eligible with 6 bowls. I don't see any scenario that we play in INDY. We'll have to fill a CUSA bowl tie in first.

Having said that, maybe the bowls can swap teams, etc. I'd rather play in the INDY than New Orleans, better quality opponent.

I don't think that's correct. We can choose a different bowl if we'd prefer as long as there are other options available. So we could go to the Independence Bowl if someone like Ohio came to the Nola bowl in our place.

I don't think the ACC will cover down on the Independence Bowl. Currently they have one team in the the playoffs I think the 8 place team goes and with one in the playoffs so it would be the 9 place team going to that bowl. Last time I checked they did not have that many 6 win teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT