ADVERTISEMENT

Hopson

I respect him as a person and his family(his father saved James Meredith's life) and fellow Vicksburger, but he doesn't have the skill set to put it all together to win big games. I think he has been sucessful as a coordinator or as a SWAC coach, but as a head coach at a FBS he is mediocre at best. I was alarmed when he didn't get the ULM job. That should have been enough of a signal that being a coordinator is his ceiling at the FBS level.

Reactions: Sosodude00
Losing our QB sealed it today. Our offense is still an issue in big games.

I really like the guy but he is coaching for his job next year. His contract will be up.

Putt I hope you are right about his contract being up. Keep in mind that there has only been one football coach outright fired in 108 years of USM football- ELLLLLLLLLLLLOS. Even then I've read that he could've kept his job had he changed assistant coaches, but thankfully he was too inept to say yes.

I respect him as a person and his family(his father saved James Meredith's life) and fellow Vicksburger, but he doesn't have the skill set to put it all together to win big games. I think he has been sucessful as a coordinator or as a SWAC coach, but as a head coach at a FBS he is mediocre at best. I was alarmed when he didn't get the ULM job. That should have been enough of a signal that being a coordinator is his ceiling at the FBS level.
Down by 10 and you are in field goal range and you go for it??. Not to mention 2:17 on the clock at the end of the second with no time outs and you run the ball with absolutely no other play drawn up to waste

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT