ADVERTISEMENT

Heart of Dallas Bowl....

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
The Heart of Dallas Bowl is the only bowl with a power five tie in with the B1G. Did they not have a 6- 6 team available? That is the second year in a row and I'm concerned cusa will lose its only only p5 tie if this continues. It seems that the bowl chose unt because it knew at least some fans from unt would show. USM was lucky that Washington took last year's B1G spot.

I was very disappointed about the HoD matchup. I don't think UNT even has a winning record. I think they went 5-7 this year. I am guessing that was one reason it wasn't a better opponent in mind. Maybe Boca Rotan is the better CUSA bowl this year.

The NO Bowl has the potential to have 40 to maybe even 50 k fans. The UL fans will travel in droves and there is no reason USM can't bring 20k. Hudspeth has done a great job with the program.

Reactions: NueDaeEagle
I Doubt with the year USM had we will bring 10k. 6-6 and we already have a loss against the 3 place Sunbelt team. So now we are playing the 5th place 6-6 team Sunbelt team. Why would we have 75% of a really good home crowd (20k) A win against those guys means nothing. A loss just shows how far we have fallen. Betting the total crowd is more like 30k.

The last 2 times we were there MTSU and Troy there were 30k in attendance. It will be interesting to see if 2 not very good teams can best that.

Last edited:
I was guessing between 40k and 50k too.
UL always travels well to this game. Funny that we could have gone 9-3 this year and would probably be in the exact same bowl game. Their qb passed for 0 yards in their last game. I hope the same team that beat Tech shows up for this game.

The N O Bowl will be well attended by both teams. $60 tickets for us already sold out before the first priority deadline ended. We will have a great crowd. The team is excited to go as are almost all fans except the Negative Nancies. U La La ended the season very strong which will make not only for a good match up, but has there fans optimistic and looking forward to the game. 40k plus is my prediction with a good time to be had by all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT