ADVERTISEMENT

Good and Bad from MSU game

beagleeagle

Key Reserve
Sep 23, 2012
Good:
1. Nick Mullens looked good. Accurate passing, only a few mistakes. Good at game management.
2. Runnings backs looked good (for the most part) and helped out the offense.
3. Nice pregame atmosphere. Nice to have fans on campus once again.
4. Good to have TEs in the offense game plan again.
5. Nice halfshow (with the three MS HOF inductees, Knight, Spoon, Favre).

Bad:
1. Why on earth was the southeast upper deck empty? It was seriously empty. Looked awful for a "sellout." I'm confused about it.
2. Bad special teams play. Needs improvement. (Allowed a blocked punt and a KO return for TD.)
3. Why did we not have all the concession stands open? It was the biggest game in history. We are idiots sometimes.
4. Offensive line got beat upfront too often. Mullens was sacked and hurried numerous times.

Hmm..crowd looked great on tv to me, I didn't see any open spots on the shots of the stadium I saw. Even had standing room only on the south end zone terrace, good showing by the Eagle fans. I would agree with your assessment of the rest and I hope the team can build off this. If so, we can do some damage in this conference and finally turn the corner.

The explanation for the empty seats in the southeast upper deck (KK, JJ) is that those were seats given/sold to students. The students who's were assigned to those areas chose to squeeze into the student section in the lower deck. I don't think we could claim 36,600 attendance without bodies assigned to those seats.

So the stadium could have those students down there with more room up top, though I suppose you couldn't sell tickets that are already sold. Were there a lot of people on the breezeway? Looks like a nice place for a bar-b-que stand , tent, etc....

Yes students stand the entire game so they are able to cram into one section. I too agree the seats were sold and the students crammed into one section. If they all had to sit down they couldn't have. of course clarion ledger didn't check that out and Kellen"hamburger" says southern miss waited too long why there were open seats. Bill McGillis played this one 100% correct sold more season tickets kept out the cow bells and the campus was so beautiful. Anybody that don't see the new tailgating area at Spirit Park check it out it rocks. . How much would it cost for us to make the upper deck not as steep. Its been a long time since I've been up there but you get up to the top and a lose your balance quite easily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT