ADVERTISEMENT

FSU VS USM in Indy Bowl?

I see the back door to the Indy Bowl the best way to playing a P5 school. I am biased to the one and only A&M, but Jimbo to A&M would be a directional move. I would argue that it is a little easier to win a NC at FSU than A&M.

A game versus the Noles would be perfect.

WOW, it's been a long time. I would love to see it.

I have read on this board that the FSU games stopped because Bower fired Jeff Bowden Bobby's son and then Bobby spoke at Bower's church which made Bower mad so the series stopped. This was decades ago, so none of it should matter any more like those that said USM would never get to play State again.

I'm going out on a limb a say that USM vs the real UT in Dallas...okay I'll add my preemptive picture...

Moon-Landing.jpg

Jimbo Fischer to A&M? That would be a mistake. FSU already has an SEC caliber schedule, and I'm not sure why he would want to go to the SEC West.

Magee talks like champ gets choice, but seems like choice would be of the preset tie-ins, not wildcard openings like Indy...?

Jimbo Fischer to A&M? That would be a mistake. FSU already has an SEC caliber schedule, and I'm not sure why he would want to go to the SEC West.

Jimbo has been nonstop bit***ng about the quality and quantity of the football facilities at FSU for a couple years now, and the admin keeps doing the big stall with both sides apparently at the point were they can see each other moving on in other directions.
As you surely know Houston, A&M has facilities out the wazoo.
Paying for something, anything is not a problem for them, yet they are still tight in a lot of ways.
They raised $500 million in private funds to remodel and enlarge Kyle field. And still have not touched any SEC money from when they went into the conference.
For those who may not know, their endowments are $7 BILLION. Yes with a B. For comparison, last I saw Bama's were in the $1.5 Billon range. To find us you would have to take away a zero or two and then cut it in half or more.

In regards to your other post, I would love to see a matchup between us and UT (West). However , I don't think their big money guys would let it happen. They would consider us as equal to Texas Tech. And if you know anything about that series it is generally regarded as the low life rednecks (Tech) against the Elites/Hippies (Texas).

True that ATM has money to burn(as does UT), but they have wasted or gotten little return on their investments. USM could learn a lesson in earning money through private partnerships instead of relying so heavily on the taxpayer(another issue altogether I know).

I'll tell you a quick story. Every year I receive a manual that includes tuition costs for Texas colleges and universities. SMU is off the charts per semester, and I want to say the same for Rice. I know a Rice grad from the 60s that in his day an endowment helped pay for his and many others tuition. Education is expensive!

BTW I'll add a strange twist...Rice fired David Baliff and Todd Graham was fired by Arizona State....would Graham return?

I attended an Eagle Club meeting last night and was told there's a VERY good chance we'll end up in Independence Bowl vs Wake Forest, Duke or Florida State.

Think about FSU's annual schedule....8 ACC games. Florida + one more marquis opponent for $$$ and street cred. That leaves only two slots for cream puffs. Not much opportunity for a team like USM that beat them in the past.

FSU-an unofficial member of the SEC...Their former coach will see schedules like he just had from now on the SEC West. It was a mistake move, but coaches don't decisions based on internet opinions now do they?

Patty Magee predicting USM vs FSU now. Dang that would be a great bowl and a little payback for the whole we don't want to play Penn State mess up from 2011.

CBS sports projects USM vs FSU. I'm afraid of a mismatch and hope we can be a worthy opponent so as not to diminish prospects for future invites to more prestigious bowls.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

hope we get to play them.

also, it wont be a mismatch and how ever we perform in a bowl game this year, shouldn't affect any future decisions from bowls. heck, there are limited bowl tie-ins with our conference anyway. would be a great opportunity and a huge victory if we could play and beat FSU though.

i have zero faith in the bowl predictions so im not getting my hopes up. look at 10 different predictions and you will see 10 diff scenarios.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT