ADVERTISEMENT

Football Realignment

Mar 26, 2016
I saw this story about TV money and how it's going to lead to another round of conference realignment and thought it was pretty interesting, if long. It predicts a bunch more shuffling and consolidation with a several programs getting the boot from major conferences in favor of schools in bigger TV markets (like Cincinnati, Memphis, maybe San Diego State). Has some crazy predictions too, but a lot of it does make sense and it's the offseason so I thought I'd share it.

http://www.thechaosindex.com/cest-l...-to-change-a-whole-lot-more-than-you-realize/

Not going to happen. If what he says happened, then the major powers would have to play each other all the time. Lot's of losses would incur. Can you just imagine Alabama and Ohio St. losing 3 games at least a year, every year. And as for the other good teams, they would be hard pressed to win 6. As for the teams like Miss St., They would never see another winning season again. Neither would at least one fourth of the P5 schools. The majority of the schools would vote against any agreement that would kill their programs and result in way too many losses. Not going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT