ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for this year-

eagle ron

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
just got a whole lot better. Coach Monken and his crew is really doing a heck of a job. I know that a lot of these young men will only be here for one year, but think of what that means in the short term and long run. One it will give the freshmen that we need to redshirt that extra time to mature both physically and mentally and to fully learn the system and two, the young men that we have for the one or two years that we get are "ready now" to do battle against the juniors and seniors that we will be facing on the other teams that have so much experience that we do not have. I a grateful for the coaches for convincing these players for coming to our University in our time of need, when they could have very well gone somewhere else, especially when our record of the past three years has not been that of which would have been good enough to attract the best players to come here. I am sure that these players have the will and the determination and the desire and the want, to show the "SEC's" of the world how good Southern Miss is and that it is not only an honor, but a privilege to come and play for "Southern Mississippi. I, like all of you can't wait for the day that Coach Monken turns down offers from P5 schools because of the job he has done at USM. SMTTT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News