ADVERTISEMENT

Draper Riley

Do you honestly think he'll make any significant difference Saturday? He is a good player but he's not going to be in top game condition, been off too long. I am not looking forward to this game. At the press conference, our Defensive Coordinator looked lost and perplexed. Do you really believe he'll have an answer for Fournette, Guice, and Williams? They haven't lost to a non P-5 team in 16 years at home.

Hop brought TP with him because he was part of his team an knew his Scheme but he is in over his head and in the long run the hire may have done him a disservice. If he does not grow up fast he get a black eye and a pink slip. We will be back to the days of LF where we score 50 and get an L. The thing is Hop is, Def. coach and wants to own the D. He is not going to bring in an up and D coach because that guy would be bringing his scheme. I will admit I am not high on Tony but in the End the D performance falls on Hop. He has headset on and if Tony needs help carry the load then our Defensive Head coach needs top step in. Actually on the defensive side of the ball there is a ton experience with at least half of the D staff and the head coach having a better resume than the DC. Heck our RB coach has more D1 experience The DC. TP should be getting enough support to succeed. I checked and ASU was really good against the pass but did not rank against the run. To me it looks like the scheme might be weaker against the run and I think that is killing us. Some of it I think is on the players. For a Mike and I could be wrong but I thing CJ has like 3 tackles. I watched him live and on the replay and I think they have him playing 1 gap. But he is so slow with his read it is easy to get a helmet on him. There area lot of guys on here that know more than me but I think being soft up the middle has killed us. Munz said today that CJ contribution is more leadership and communication. I think that is problem. We need 11 guys making plays. I am sure out of the other 10 guys we could cover the leader/commo thing. I think the real truth is we don't really have a play maker in the middle and we did not address the need with a Juco or 5 year guy. Oh and we are too small and it is scary that we are not addressing that in our recruiting. We have a really good SC coach but great cardio works against gaining Wt gain. You do get the delta between mussel and fat but it is just the delta. It is hard to put 35 plus pounds on a guy and get him to run forever. Long post but I think our problems on D is TP+scheme+Mike play+player size. Tweet two of those and the D gets better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT