ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see what's happening in H'burg?

blue noodles

BGN Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
People everywhere. Excitement. Money being spent. National limelight.

This is what the bastards took from us 25 years ago.

Vindictive greed on the part of our sister schools left us to fend for ourselves without the very thing that makes a college program thrive: Rivalries. Coupled with our endemic disadvantages, their greed, jealousy, and haughtiness cost us so many of these Saturdays over the years. What has been lost over that 25 years?

Never ask me why I hate them. This younger generation thinks us old guys are too wrapped up in the past, too political, too stubborn to realize we're beaten.
They may have a point with that last one.

This weekend is a glorious thing for Southern Miss. It's basically our birthright. After tomorrow, though, we're right back in no man's land, wandering through the college football wilderness without natural rivalries, without huge game weekends, with only an occasional home game against Tech or maybe Tulane to feign genuine excitement over. Sure, us die hards can get excited about playing anyone. But games that excite the community at large don't happen anymore.

The actions of our 2 sister schools are reprehensible, childish, typical Mississippi behavior. They have destroyed years and years of a very good thing. As far as I'm concerned, that's close enough to Evil to lose the distinction.

Just my thoughts on why this is personal, and how many of our younger fans didn't even realize what they were missing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News