ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA broadcast information released...

OK. I am not an expert in any of this, so if anyone would want to explain this better to me, please chime in and give me some information to understand. I will not take any remarks addressing my questions on this as trying to flame it up or anything like that. I just want to see if my thinking is right and what all you guys see in this.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the following things happen under this agreement...
First, it's really only for two years, the remainder of the deal will be filled in or negotiated later?

Next, We (USM and each CUSA team) will individually get roughly $200k more than the current $200K we get, for a total of $400K annual of rights?

Then next item, in football, the league as a whole gets 16 (9+7) games carried on some type of broadcast network (one of the networks on the agreement) in a year. I wonder if that is for inside CUSA match ups only? Or would that include crappy stuff like us vs. JState?
Then some additional games will go on facebook, but not all other games of the week? I assume an exception would be if we have a league team playing someone on the SEC network or Big Ten Network, then those games may be picked up there and surely would not apply to our network agreement?

Am I wrong or misled on any of this so far? Please let me know the thoughts and opinions you guys have. Thanks.

One of the things I cant reconcile is the Facebook angle. I can see it would be great for me to watch a USM game away from the Burg. But I don't see how that benefits our or the league brand. I just cant imagine that some slouch hiding from ICE in California is going to get on Facebook to watch USM or Marshall football. Nor can I see how that gets us an increased presence inside sports bars around the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT