ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Sadler talks 2018-2019 basketball season...

Was he extended or is he still in limbo? I expect our team to be competing for a championship especially if MTSU's coach bolts for OM. I also expect to hear more about Coliseum renovations/6 Million Dollar Man rebuilds. Those two things must occur.

I can see why we didn't fire him. He has been hamstrung from the beginning, we hired him too late in the year to recruit. Tyndall took 2 of our recruits with him, so we had a lost year there, then he had to cut players that were part of the scandal...then the actual scandal...impossible task for anyone.
BUT,
I am wondering if next year will be much better...do NOT fire him but WHY extend him? We will have 5 senior starters next year, so that's plus, but the new recruits are not saviors or difference makers. The big man (Boban) had mediocre JUCO numbers and is a serviceable back-up at best. We do NOT yet have the 6-6, 6-7 wing players who can shoot and play defense...quite frankly....we fill our schedule with the lightest of the light weights to try and get us as close to .500 as possible. Doc had ONE quality win this year.
I agree we must give him another year....I have not seen evidence we needed to obligate ourselves to pay him another year if next year we lose 10+ games with one of the weakest schedules in the NCAA.

1.) NCAAs in two years and 2.) Bold action to gut and rebuild Reed Green. Reed Green opened the exact time as The Beatles produced Rubber Soul except Reed Green only got worse with age. Once remodeling begins, the mystery of Jimmy Hoffa will finally be put to rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT