ADVERTISEMENT

Better Than I Expected...

SethManKA1

Key Reserve
Dec 27, 2009
I came in expecting for us to play poorly. I was surprised. They didn't do bad. We have I think 3 new guys on the offensive line. Freshmen playing well against UK. Howard is a great kid and will improve. Griggs did a better job. Not surprised at attendance. Night games has always been USM's time to play. Defense played hard but gave up the big plays. Coach Jay said a lot of new guys have to step up. I wasn't looking forward to the football season but I am optimistic after what I saw today. I really think this team can be special if they keep working hard and cleaning up plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: BR Eagle
I agree. About the only thing I see to keep this team from winning 8-9 games are the decision makers at this point. And they could improve also.

Reactions: SethManKA1
Old school USM defense. Like I said in a previous post, this game turned into an SEC slugfest. I only caught the tail end on TV, but if Griggs had started we would have had a better chance to win. I expect UK to win 7 or 8 games. We should have at least as many wins and a place in the championship game.With our defense, we should win this conference. The OL played rather well considering their youth and injuries.

If any of you know why Alford/Howard started I'd like to know.

I think local politics is why both Howard and Alford started. They are trying to keep the local high school coaches happy for recruiting purposes. Howard will be a great rb next year. Kentucky is going to win 4 or 5 games max this year. Their current qb sucks. We would have won this game if Griggs would have started. I wonder how our pass defense will look against a real qb this year? Our d-line is the best we have had in a long time.

Last edited:
Griggs had injured his throwing hand finger and missed a few days too during practice a couple of weeks but politics played a role too. I luv Keon but Griggs is our starter! Keon is better suited for small yard packages and I think he may have to change positions after this season. Griggs is taller and sees he field better and makes way better passes. I'm from Laurel but I'm just being real, Keon isn't a division 1 QB yet at this level! He's a great athlete that may be suited at another position next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT