ADVERTISEMENT

AWESOME EFFORT EAGLES

SethManKA1

Key Reserve
Dec 27, 2009
It started rough and left points on the field but we were a 24+ underdog and on tv the Nebraska fans were nervous. Always enjoy playing Nebraska they are a good football team. My friends are saying that wasn't what they were expecting. You have them a tough ballgame and had the chance to win they shoes guts. There is no reason to have your heads down man that game was supposed to be in Hattiesburg but due to buying out Johnson's contract we had to go to Neb. Who knows what might have happened had this game been in Hattiesburg. Continue to work hard my family will see you guys next Saturday at The Rock!

SMTTT

I want to hear Cornicator's take on the game. I think he is most likely surprised at the final score. Cornhusker's are usually very cerebral and brutally honest about their team (compared to OM and MSstake fans).

I have to say that I was expecting an 18 - 20 pt loss but we should have lead this game with a better first half of offense. Defense was much better than I thought they would be. The fullback really caught us off guard and the QB did not run as much as I was expecting.

Nebraska's secondary is going to be a problem for them in conference play. I hope they do well but I will not be betting on them at any point in the season.

Even with the loss I think this game is a confidence builder for us. We played a team that is better than us very close, closer than MSstake. I take a lot of pride in having over 440 yds through the air. If we could have run even a little bit....who knows.

Congrats Eagles you played hard and determined and most importantly did not give up!

SMTTT!

Reactions: SethManKA1
The fullback really caught us off guard and the QB did not run as much as I was expecting.

That Nebraska fullback is outstanding. There's no arm tackling that guy. He will just step out of it and keep on running.

Like you, I also thought Armstrong would run it a lot more. Though on the one run he had for a touchdown, the play reminded me of what we saw last week against Texas State.

Gritty performance from your Eagles today. I know I was impressed. I think the Eagle program is on the up. From watching your game against MSU and seeing how well you put points on the board last week, I knew this had the chance of being a ballgame. Our defense is not very good right now. And your Eagles certainly exploited it in the second half. But I don't want to make that an excuse for a close game. Your offense is very good. I certainly wasn't buying the 20-point spread. But good luck the rest of the way. C-USA has some impressive offenses, and USM is right there with it.

Reactions: 80's eagle
USM played a great game. I am very glad, and Nebraska is very lucky, that the 4th Quarter is only played once.

Our kicker tied the record for field goals in a half, and many thought we had a terrible kicker following a couple misses in the BYU game. Now, had those all been TD's, I STILL do not believe USM would have given up, not even a little. The ability to keep us out of the endzone in our stadium made it all feel a little surreal. You just don't expect that at home.

Our fullback, Janovich, was a surprise for us, too. The previous staff never used him in much of anything. I was startled that we had such a capable runner who had been doing nothing previously.

All I can really say is: USM played to win, never gave up, and this game could have gone either way. USM looks to be on the road to recovery and I wish good luck to Eagles fans in your future games. It's always a pleasure to have a game with you guys, even the one we lost a few years back.

Thanks for the words and hope that yesterday's day gives gets NU ready for BIG conference games....

It started rough and left points on the field but we were a 24+ underdog and on tv the Nebraska fans were nervous. Always enjoy playing Nebraska they are a good football team. My friends are saying that wasn't what they were expecting. You have them a tough ballgame and had the chance to win they shoes guts. There is no reason to have your heads down man that game was supposed to be in Hattiesburg but due to buying out Johnson's contract we had to go to Neb. Who knows what might have happened had this game been in Hattiesburg. Continue to work hard my family will see you guys next Saturday at The Rock!

SMTTT
Can't wait to be at the Rock to see the Eagles Saturday. I'll be there. SMTTT

Reactions: SethManKA1
HuskerWed, I don't think so. I did come over to your board just saying that I was looking forward to a good and fun game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT