ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn has a state of the art baseball facility.

SSME

BGN Hall of Fame
Oct 28, 2002

The most recent upgrades were completed prior to the 2021 and 2022 seasons with the completion of the Josh Donaldson Hitting Lab located beyond the right field fence, which opened in January 2021, and the conversion of the old hitting tunnels located behind the visitor's dugout into a state-of-the-art weight room prior to the 2022 season. In conjunction with the dedication of the 7,100-square-foot hitting facility, Auburn also dedicated the Tim Hudson Clubhouse and the Joey Pierson and Keith Jones Archways prior to the 2022 season and previously dedicated the home dugout to former head coach Hal Baird in September 2018.

Wow, a pile of rocks and some custom industrial mop handles would do the job. lololol

Eh it’s OK as a baseball stadium. What I noticed at Friday’s game was that the only thing that separates it from PTP is that the stands are concrete with a brick facade as opposed to permanent metal stands. Granted I would kill for PTP to have a brick facade. I’ve always felt the press box and suites looked like a double wide on stilts when looking at the stadium from Fourth Street

Auburn does a disadvantage, however, in that people can just park in the parking deck that overlooks left field and watch the game from there (which means fewer people coming in the gate at the stadium and paying to watch the game, get stuff at the concession stands, etc.). I parked there for Friday’s game and saw several people set up in the parking deck with chairs and watching the game from there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT