ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on MSU game getting bought out?

Oct 31, 2002
I don't care what we could make monetarily, we need to make sure that game stays here.

I have no source for this, just talking it over with a co-worker who thinks it could get bought out.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Wonder Boy Eagle:
I don't care what we could make monetarily, we need to make sure that game stays here.

I have no source for this, just talking it over with a co-worker who thinks it could get bought out.

Thoughts?
There has been no word on this.

Good. I hope my friend was just giving his opinion. I don't think he had any other info than his thoughts.
you could just ask your friend and wouldn't have to hope / think about it so much.

A home and home contract cannot be bought out unless it is specified in the contract. I don't believe USM would agree to a buyout without a guaranteed replacement game.

There is a buyout in the contract for $500,000 I believe, but State isn't going to do it. Why turn down an opportunity to beat an instate rival at their place in prime recruiting ground.

I sure hope we pull off a miracle...

I hope State does buy it out.

Either way, the stadium in which the game is played will be maroon. The rock will be 75% maroon at least.

We still need money. Badly. Not to mention, all three of our coaches are struggling badly, which could be another reason we need money.

If they pay us, why shouldn't we?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by eagleboy415:
There is a buyout in the contract for $500,000 I believe, but State isn't going to do it. Why turn down an opportunity to beat an instate rival at their place in prime recruiting ground.

I sure hope we pull off a miracle...
Agree. The only reason State would try to buy out this game is if they feared they were in danger of losing. I think we can all agree that State does not think they will lose to Southern Miss. And as you say, it's a great opportunity for them to showcase their team to talented recruits in the south part of the state.

No way - We will sell more season tickets than ever because of the demand for tickets to this one game. Mistake does not want to help us but will be helping us sell season tickets.

It would help us in the short-run if they bought us out for 500k, and we took UAB's spot that same weekend for a million or more against Tennessee. But it would devastate us beyond that immediate upside. I would suggest we put bleachers in the north end zone and add a concession or two down there and squeeze out every penny we can. A win would be huge, and close loss would be a moral victory. Yes, we have fallen that far. But no one outside of message boards even bring it up, so I doubt it is even being considered.

Originally posted by Shifty_Eagle:
75% gold?

Surely you jest. During the last home game it was about 20% gold and 80% empty.

Realism is a tough pill to swallow.
The athletic department is already making plans to ensure that tickets outside of the visitors allotment go to USM fans. Most (if not all) tickets will go to season ticket holders.

Go on back to the CUSA website where you can act like a tough guy behind your moderator badge, Barney Fife. You aren't fooling anyone here.

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
Originally posted by Shifty_Eagle:
75% gold?

Surely you jest. During the last home game it was about 20% gold and 80% empty.

Realism is a tough pill to swallow.
The
athletic department is already making plans to ensure that tickets
outside of the visitors allotment go to USM fans. Most (if not all)
tickets will go to season ticket holders.

Go on back to the CUSA
website where you can act like a tough guy behind your moderator badge,
Barney Fife. You aren't fooling anyone here.
No, apparently that is what you're trying to do.

How many season ticket holders do you think we have exactly?

Riiiiiight, keep telling yourself that, hater. How many do we have is not the issue. How many will we have is. We will sell a record number of season tickets. Those season ticket holders will get first dibs on single game tickets. There won't be many, if any, left after that. I doubt Moo U fans will be buying USM season tickets.

Problem is the many USM season ticket holders that also wear maroon. It shows in our baseball games which typically is 50/50 even though we are at the Pete.

Thoughts?
The game is 100% going to be at USM. We are making sure that it will be filled with USM fans and not Mistake people. They are going to great lengths to keep the tickets out of the Morons hands.It will be a high demand ticket and a sea of gold.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:

Thoughts?
The game is 100% going to be at USM. We are making sure that it will be filled with USM fans and not Mistake people. They are going to great lengths to keep the tickets out of the Morons hands.It will be a high demand ticket and a sea of gold.
^^^THIS^^^ Fact.

I want to believe it's going to be packed with Gold, but I just don't see it. Season ticket sales aren't going to be gigantic. They're going to sell those tickets to State fans. I've watched our incompetent marketing department far too long. IMG is going to be put in charge of it and they're just going to sell them to whoever they can. They'll probably give State fans mega deals if they buy season tickets with us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT