ADVERTISEMENT

Will MGM be willing to sell a ticket to Jim Cantore?

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
I'm just wondering at what point could you still play a championship game on Sunday if the storm hits on Monday/early Tuesday. Joe Bastardi even predicts a hurricane. Interestingly enough, it was the only hurricane in May in US History that broke a Yankee blockade in Florida in 1863, the same time Grant was starving Vicksburg.

Reactions: SSME
An excellent post. Why do I have the feeling we need to win today to have a shot at the decision on the tourney. I know we are a number one seed, and I've read the rules.

To be comfortable , we need to win.

BTW, I believe my great grandfather, after being wounded at Vicksburg, died on a train carrying the wounded. I'm not sure where he is buried. Somewhere between Vicksburg and Meridian is a good guess.

Let us know where the wounded are buried today.

BEAT UTSA!!!!!!!

My great great great grandfather was a CSA doctor. No telling the things he saw. He and family settled on MS Gulf Coast. His son/grandson (not sure which)became a 7 foot tall dentist. After that his sons were farmers or in the military. My Dad then helped put togther the greatest power plant marvel in Mississippi...Grand Gulf which ironically was a major civil war battle ground. Remember Grant's Canal failed, but the river made it work 100 years later. People don't know this but Bill Clinton made Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant in Mississippi possible(I'm no fan of his, but he opposed it in Arkansas so it wound up in Port Gibson). That project put so many people to work in Claiborne County, including my father who made terrific money working for Bechtel. The plant was built so well it even took direct hit from an F3 tornado without catastrophic damage, save the concrete cooling tower cracked by a falling crane. I digress and back to USM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT