ADVERTISEMENT

What the liberals don't want you to know about health care...

PIREagle

Redshirt
Feb 1, 2011
The libs have touted health care in other countries and said we need to catch up. Well let's look at some of what's going on "over there."

1. In England the government was so concerned with the horrible conditions in the emergency rooms at hospitals with people having to wait an unbelievable amount of time. So they passed a ruling that patients had to be seen in 4 hours. The solution? The hospitals just kept people parked outside idling in ambulances for hours until they could meet the 4 hour time. Never mind the poor people that actually needed to be picked up by the ambulance. Must meet that 4 hour window.

2. In France workers pay about 19% of their earnings for their "free" healthcare. Man that sounds like the way to go here doesn't it? Despite having that, more than 90% purchase complementary private insurance. Let's see they pay 19% of what they make and then have to buy insurance on top of that. Yep I'm convinced we need Obamacare now.

I agree with what you're saying, government run health care will be a disaster- both in the hospital and for the economy. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we elect a liberal Republican to the White House that things will improve all that much. Romney says he'll repeal Obamacare, but he will need the help of Congress to do that. I imagine if elected he will give lip service to getting rid of Obamacare, but he will need the help of Congress to do it which will probably fall short. Once that happens he will quickly give up on it, saying that it's all a part of politics, and that we have to learn to compromise. I seriously won't be surprised to see Obamacare go into effect even if Romney is elected president.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT