ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on LaTech game

BR Eagle

Starter
Oct 31, 2002
Tech has as many fans as Alcorn. Our turnout was less than I expected, and quite frankly, terrible.
We're getting better, we're not where we want to be; yet.
It is going to take time to get this turned around, but we're headed in the right direction.
It is going to get better.

The officials were terrible.

I think had Mullens not gone out we would have probably won. When Mullens went out our passing game was greatly diminished, and the defense ended up spending a lot more time on the field than they would have otherwise. I think the bs targeting penalty hurt bad too when we lost E. Johnson.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Weeks was good. Two bombs dropped. Defense cost us this game primarily, lack of coaching to workable running plays second.

Losing our QB was the turning point. However, in the second half we were down four starters and and playing a third string safety who had been playing CB. That was a major reason for the passing yards for La Tech. We also were playing a 3rd string OT for a good part of the game. That said, they won it where it counted. We need more depth to handle these situations. That will come with another couple of years recruiting and some experience. As said we are headed in the right direction and we are way, way better than last year.

I agree that the crowd was much worst than I excepted. I thought the North Texas win would have brought a few people back to stands. In fact, if not for the La Tech fans, it's an awful crowd.I assume it's because very people "follow the program" anymore."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT