ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Palazzo

PensacolaEagle

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
I don't believe I have seen a bigger hypocrit. Voting no on Hurricane Sandy relief. He is an embarrassment to the state that was helped so much by Federal aid after Katrina. Sad. I believe someone posted he is a USM grad. Geez, hope that does not get out. ...Black/ Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
I don't believe I have seen a bigger hypocrit. Voting no on Hurricane Sandy relief. He is an embarrassment to the state that was helped so much by Federal aid after Katrina. Sad. I believe someone posted he is a USM grad. Geez, hope that does not get out. ...Black/ Gold
Once again Pensacola you made the liberal mistake of If you don't want to do it my way you are against it. Period." The liberals want to do all of these things with the government but they don't want to have to pay for any of it. They want to kick it down the road and just do a combination of printing the money and borrowing it from China. Conservatives recognize this as a plan for disaster. When that house of cards collapses the poor that you libs say you are so concerned about will be hurt the worst. When conservatives are in favor of doing something but say we must pay for it, you libs say they are not for it. IMO you libs are the hypocrites. You think that Big Bird and all those useless programs that you will not cut are more important than the Hurricane Sandy aid. I hope more people vote against these bills that are not paid for. He did the right thing. The people that would not fund it did the wrong thing. If it's that important, fund it. They can start by changing the rules at NPR and making all those milllionairs turn over their profits from their shows to NPR and then they can cut the NPR funding. See Big Bird. He's worth millions and my tax dollars still go to support him.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
Once again Pensacola you made the liberal mistake of If you don't want to do it my way you are against it. Period." The liberals want to do all of these things with the government but they don't want to have to pay for any of it. They want to kick it down the road and just do a combination of printing the money and borrowing it from China. Conservatives recognize this as a plan for disaster. When that house of cards collapses the poor that you libs say you are so concerned about will be hurt the worst. When conservatives are in favor of doing something but say we must pay for it, you libs say they are not for it. IMO you libs are the hypocrites. You think that Big Bird and all those useless programs that you will not cut are more important than the Hurricane Sandy aid. I hope more people vote against these bills that are not paid for. He did the right thing. The people that would not fund it did the wrong thing. If it's that important, fund it. They can start by changing the rules at NPR and making all those milllionairs turn over their profits from their shows to NPR and then they can cut the NPR funding. See Big Bird. He's worth millions and my tax dollars still go to support him.
Come on sir. I guess you will pay for it like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't play politics with disaster aid. Palazzo is a hypocrite, didn't worry about paying for Katrina aid......Black/ Gold

Tired of hearing about Sandy. It was a glorified rain storm compared to Katrina. Pensacola, I bet you don't even know about half of the pork that was piled into that POS bill. You're just using it to play politics. If the Dems want to create a relief bill, then create a relief bill with NOTHING ELSE in it. Instead, they had to try to sneak in all of their pork projects like buying new cars for politicians, Kennedy Space Center renovations, money for Alaska (didn't realize Sandy made it all the way up there), and more.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
Come on sir. I guess you will pay for it like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't play politics with disaster aid. Palazzo is a hypocrite, didn't worry about paying for Katrina aid......Black/ Gold
Don't try to obfuscate the issue Pensacola. The past doesn't matter anymore. We don't have the money to spend like we used to. From now on if we want new spending it has to be funded. If it is so important, then fund it. Otherwise it's just an excuse to grow the government.

Just like the fiscal cliff was a joke and Obama was not serious about it. He was offered awhile back all the revenue he was asking for, just not as a tax hike on the successful but in closing loop holes in the tax code. Obama rejected it because he was not about the revenue he was about causing a rift in the Republican party and making it a political issue that he could make hay with. It worked because he had the media with him.

Nue, I said Palazzo was a hipocrit (sp?), I did not obfuscate the issue, you did, brought up a nice set of arguements to deflect away from Palazzo's hypocracy, did not argue that he was not a hypocrit, just more of the same. I understand that pork was put in the bill, sucks when it happens, didn't see who put it there, but know it was. I argue that disaster relief comes before politics, that the Ms. gulf coast recieved maximum federal aid after Katerina, which they were deserving and in need of, there was no politics played then. Palazzo was in local government in Biloxi, used those funds to rebuild the housing authority, and then turns around and votes against helping Sandy victims....Sad, Sad,Sad...help people first, that is all I say, Palazzo was running for his next election....Black/Gold

Nue, I said Palazzo was a hipocrit (sp?), I did not obfuscate the issue, you did, brought up a nice set of arguements to deflect away from Palazzo's hypocracy, did not argue that he was not a hypocrit, just more of the same. I understand that pork was put in the bill, sucks when it happens, didn't see who put it there, but know it was. I argue that disaster relief comes before politics, that the Ms. gulf coast recieved maximum federal aid after Katerina, which they were deserving and in need of, there was no politics played then. Palazzo was in local government in Biloxi, used those funds to rebuild the housing authority, and then turns around and votes against helping Sandy victims....Sad, Sad,Sad...help people first, that is all I say, Palazzo was running for his next election....Black/Gold
My point about obfuscating the issue was for you bringing up Afghanistan and the wars. Has nothing to do with this issue except to deflect. The times now with our debt are so different from the past that we can no longer operate the same way we used to. We simply cannot under any circumstances keep passing bills loaded with pork that are not funded and are not paid for. It doesn't matter how good and right the cause. Those days are gone. If it is important, then fund it first of all, and then second of all don't load it up with pork. But at least fund it. I say anyone that stands by that principle is a good guy, while you call them a hypocrite. Can you not see than someone can be for the funding of the Hurricane Sandy aid but not for the way it was put together. Many that voted against it would have voted for it if it was funded and the pork was removed. Yet you libs say they were against the aid. No they were against they way the libs wanted to do it. As usual its my way or the highway for liberals. Libs have never seen a disaster than they do not take advantage of to grow government and improve their power poistion. And this disaster was way too good to waste when they could use it to spend, spend, spend.

So we'll just have to disagree on this one Pensacola. At least we're both glad that many are getting help. I just wish it could have come a lot faster to a lot of people. Having been through a hurricane I know how it can destroy not only property but lives as well. This just goes to show me that living in a high density area is not a good idea, especially when something bad happens.

Been thru many myself Nue, no fun at all, and too often not taken seriously enough. We will agree to disagree.... Black/ Gold

I would not vote for anyone who voted for that abomination of a bill. Money for California and Alaska in a Sandy relief bill? In the millions. Money for green energy in that bill. Over a billion. Blame republicans for not voting to pass a bill that's not much more than a glorified pork bill. Priceless.

And you wanted to know who to blame for putting that pork in the bill.... Harry Reid put all the pork extras that I could find listed.

Maybe Republicans should start putting deregulation clauses on disaster relief bills then blame the democrats when it doesn't pass. Would you call them hypocrites?

This post was edited on 1/10 2:56 AM by Eagleyed

I would also like to point your attention to the hurricane Katrina relief bill HR2206. A bill that was only 9.6 billion. There was no partisan bickering as it just had relief aid. There was no arguments when it came to the floor. Yet there were some people who voted against that bill. Why? Because several million for the military. Like you said they should just get over it and vote for the bill because the money getting to people who need it is more important. You would never vote for someone who did that right? I mean several of 9.6 billion or less than .1% of the money going to oil companies can't hang up a bill of that importance. Well lets see who voted against that bill shall we?

Boxer (D-CA)
Burr (R-NC)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coburn (R-OK)
Dodd (D-CT)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Obama (D-IL)
Sanders (I-VT)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

The Republicans who voted against that bill voted against it for some other pork that was in it and because two of them are now libertarians. And I don't think libertarians would be for any relief bill.

One of the others is someone you voted for.... twice...

Sorry for sounding a little angry but, calling someone a hypocrite while ignoring this. You can see why someone would find that a little vexing.

Heres the bill- http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:H.R.2206:

By the way check out the amendments. Is there any bill that Harry Reid doesn't want to add a bunch of amendments too?

This post was edited on 1/10 3:05 AM by Eagleyed

Originally posted by Eagleyed:
I would also like to point your attention to the hurricane Katrina relief bill HR2206. A bill that was only 9.6 billion. There was no partisan bickering as it just had relief aid. There was no arguments when it came to the floor. Yet there were some people who voted against that bill. Why? Because several million for the military. Like you said they should just get over it and vote for the bill because the money getting to people who need it is more important. You would never vote for someone who did that right? I mean several of 9.6 billion or less than .1% of the money going to oil companies can't hang up a bill of that importance. Well lets see who voted against that bill shall we?

Boxer (D-CA)
Burr (R-NC)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coburn (R-OK)
Dodd (D-CT)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Obama (D-IL)
Sanders (I-VT)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

The Republicans who voted against that bill voted against it for some other pork that was in it and because two of them are now libertarians. And I don't think libertarians would be for any relief bill.

Sorry for sounding a little angry but, calling someone a hypocrite while ignoring this. You can see why someone would find that a little vexing.

By the way check out the amendments. Is there any bill that Harry Reid doesn't want to add a bunch of amendments too?

Wow, Pensacola looks like some of your leftist heroes are on that list that voted against Katrina aid. How do you defend that? In light of all the comments against Republicans and Bush concerning Katrina and New Orleans the only conclusion I can come up with is that they must all be racists.
roll.r191677.gif

Nue, maybe I did not make myself clear. I attacked the hypocracy of a Representative who voted against disaster relief for Hurricane Sandy, while that same Representative was a direct recipitant of federal aid from Hurricane Katrina. I would like to change my original statement, I called SP a hypocrit, I should have not attacked him personally. He may be a fine person, so my attack should have been that his actions were hypocritical. I did see that after his vote he took a tour of the damage in New Jersey, not sure if he visited New York. I believe his visits were damage control, that he voted the way he did to further his political career, that he was more interested in his political future than people in need. He was positively impacted by federal aid in his former government position, and now votes against such aid, just too much for me to stomach. I therefore draw the conclusion that his actions were hypocritical, political and just plain wrong. I believe his actions were an embarassment to my home state, and if I lived there I would be ashamed.....Black/Gold

Nue, maybe I did not make myself clear. I attacked the hypocracy of a Representative who voted against disaster relief for Hurricane Sandy, while that same Representative was a direct recipitant of federal aid from Hurricane Katrina. I would like to change my original statement, I called SP a hypocrit, I should have not attacked him personally. He may be a fine person, so my attack should have been that his actions were hypocritical. I did see that after his vote he took a tour of the damage in New Jersey, not sure if he visited New York. I believe his visits were damage control, that he voted the way he did to further his political career, that he was more interested in his political future than people in need. He was positively impacted by federal aid in his former government position, and now votes against such aid, just too much for me to stomach. I therefore draw the conclusion that his actions were hypocritical, political and just plain wrong. I believe his actions were an embarassment to my home state, and if I lived there I would be ashamed.....Black/Gold
Pensacola I never thought you were attacking SP personally. While there are many that do that you don't. I always understood that you were saying his vote was hypocritical. We of course disagree on that. Maybe it's because I agree with his vote and you disagree with it. Just want to make myself clear here, I am for the releif, just not for the pork and and it should be funded. Without cutting the pork and without funding it I would not vote for it.
By the way I'm still wondering if you think all those Dems that voted for the Hurricane Sandy relief and against the Katrina relief are hypocrites too. I mean how could Obama, Clinton, Boxer, Kennedy, etc, vote against Katrina relief?

Nue, the 4 you listed did not receive direct aid in either hurricane;therefore, I don't believe they are hypocritical over this issue. I will grant you the pork issue. It shouldn't be there, I am always amazed that pork is a companion of not sides of the isle... Black/ Gold

Boxer (D-CA)
Burr (R-NC)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coburn (R-OK)
Dodd (D-CT)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Obama (D-IL)
Sanders (I-VT)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

lol. Looks like Pensacola stepped in a big pile of poop with this thread.

Nue, the 4 you listed did not receive direct aid in either hurricane;therefore, I don't believe they are hypocritical over this issue. I will grant you the pork issue. It shouldn't be there, I am always amazed that pork is a companion of not sides of the isle... Black/ Gold
Actually Pensacola New York did receive a huge amount of aid in the Sandy bill and Hillary Clinton voted against the Katrina bill. Want to bet she how she would have voted on the Sandy bill. On occasion you can put up a good argument but you picked a loser this time Pensacola. See you again when you have a better issue that has some legs.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Nue, yes you too Legendary, so you don't get your feelings hurt and cry...lol....I will quote some one famous..." I'll Be Back."....Black/Gold

Nue, yes you too Legendary, so you don't get your feelings hurt and cry...lol....I will quote some one famous..." I'll Be Back."....Black/Gold
I didn't see my name on there. My feelings are hurt :(

Love debating with ya PensacolaEagle.

I didn't see my name on there. My feelings are hurt :(

Love debating with ya PensacolaEagle.
Sorry Eagleyed. Meant no slight. Will lock horns with you again soon I am sure.... Black/ Gold

That's good to hear. I hope you don't embarrass yourself so badly when you come back.
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT