ADVERTISEMENT

+++Spring Notebook - 3/28+++

lanny mixon

Oct 28, 2002
Southern Miss went thru their first scrimmage of the Spring. Here's a few observations:

- Individuals who stood out to me included - George Payne, D.J. Thompson, Picasso Nelson, Drew Peterson, and Darian Yancey.

- The intensity was great and even many of the prospects in the game were really into it. It was really good for a controlled scrimmage.

- One memorable play was a short run by walk-on RB Delunte Thornton who absolutely trucked Jeremy Sangster when he turned up field.

- Another play was on an off tackle run by Payne, Drew Peterson sealed the DE, then spun out and clipped the OLB to spring Payne on what ended up being a 25 or so yard run.

- Brandon Farmer looks to be running 2nd team C now and looked pretty solid during the scrimmage. Tyler Stutzman is also coming along nicely at back up LT he's solid and moves well. Good feet, good base, smart player. Solid depth two-deep plus at OL right now and I think it will pay big dividends.

If anyone has any specific questions post them below and I'll do my best to answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News