ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Miss prediction....we go into Baton Rouge....

THE HEAD EAGLE

All Conference
Oct 29, 2002
and officially end Les Miles' tenure. We will beat Rice and UTSA. We'll be 5-1 going into death valley when we face LSU. We win this game by at least 14.

would be nice, but our offense is going to have to improve a ton. win or lose, they wont fire Miles until the end of the season. also, he will be fired regardless of the outcome of the usm game.

After watching this team, I can see us at 5-1 because CrapUSA is statistically by W-L %, (and in reality) THE WORST D-1 LEAGUE in the country. Southern Miss is a decent team, but LSU will not lose to a team from the WORST D-1 LEAGUE in the country. I'll be pulling for the win of course.

We will be 5-2 after the LSU game and will finish the regular season 9-3 after we stumble over some other CrapUSA team, probably Marshall or La Tech. We really can't afford a loss in CUSA, because we need to get to the CUSA Championship and we need to host it! A CUSA title would make the loss to a Sunbelt team go down a little better.

Hopefully Hopson can continue to recruit well and Southern Miss will keep winning 8-9 games a year in CrapUSA and if the Big 12 pulls the trigger on expansion in a couple of years, we'll be in position to move to The American Conference. That's the place I'd like to see us. Will it happen? Maybe not. If we can win the CUSA title it will certainly help. We have to look better this year on the field and in the stadium with attendance.

I wouldn't dismiss Rice or UTSA too quickly. I've watched them play and if they get into a rhythm they may give us a hard time. I am optimistic about LSU.

FYI, Kentucky beat South Carolina last night. I'm not sure what SC's record is.

Tiger droppings just posted that he is gone as of now. They also are saying that Cam Cameron could be gone by tonight also.

I'm reading that both Miles and Cameron are fired. Orgeron interim. That's incredible. Could change my LSU game prediction.

I couldn't get the link to post on my tablet from Saturday Down South, but they are reporting that the corn dogs have already reached out to the agent of Tom Herman (no surprise there), but they have also reached out to Art Briles.
I just can't believe that anyone would approach Briles this soon. I know one day somebody will hire him. But this quick? What do you guys think of that situation.
Oh also FWIW, Turner at FIU was fired also today.

Surprised they did that so soon. Those folks were some kind of fed up. Not sure is usm has better or worse chance of a win now. Will be interesting to see what lsu looks like the next two weeks.

Y'all might be right about Herman to LSU. I am seeing several articles suggesting Strong will only need to go 7-5 to get another year. I was thinking a 9 win minimum for this year was required to save his job.

Surprised they did that so soon. Those folks were some kind of fed up. Not sure is usm has better or worse chance of a win now. Will be interesting to see what lsu looks like the next two weeks.

Sure will. Orgeron has stated they will open up the offense. But he don't know shit about offense...he's a defensive guy. But we'll see.

Looking forward to meeting you guys in Hattiesburg...Going to be a BIG game for both programs.
Some Herd fans think the winner of that game will host the conference championship game...

If you guys beat us, then take care of La. Tech. You will definitely host the game. Looks like those are your only 2 challenges in C-USA.

Our route to the game is a lot tougher...in addition to having to play you on your turf, we have to get wins over MTSU and WKU...they both seem to bring out the worst in us. We do, however, get both of them @ home this year.

Best of luck with LSU.

I think that the media manipulated LSU in keeping Miles as long as they did. He should've been let go at the end of last year, but ESPN didn't like it. So Miles got another season and it predictably bombed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT