ADVERTISEMENT

Reason for the Season, Blame /Praise Game

jocko5478

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2007
We can't score. Why? The blame goes to WH. He failed to realize the poor quality of the OL during the Spring. Hoping they would improve was a ghost of an Idea. He was unable to secure new players that could do the job. When Lowe went down, and Keyes followed, the entire offense should have been focused on the run. He knew we did not have a QB that could pass the ball, so he decided to run poor Gore up the middle on almost every play with no success. The occasional pass play didn't work either. There was no imagination in plays. He should have gone with two tight ends with Gore, Richard, and a FB in the backfield. New plays would only have to be learned by the RBs because the OL can't block anyway.

There was no excuse for losing this past game. The first 21 points they scored was the fault of the special team's coach and the inexperienced QB. After that, they had no offensive touchdowns. I didn't watch the second half, but I noticed we had ten penalties when I turned it off. Again, the blame goes to the coaches. This is a team with no discipline.

Any praise goes to the defense that held them to 14 points.

What is next for Hall? he is really in a hole, and there is only one thing that can bail him out. He must very carefully select an entire new OL. He must secure a passing QB or two. He must add some DL players. He must find a couple of corners. The selection of these players is critical. An average choice will lead to another disaster, but the proper selection will restore a winning season. Finally, he must establish some discipline to avoid senseless penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News