ADVERTISEMENT

OT TAXES

innswood eagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2008
Don't know if yall have noticed but we all got a tax increase,,, on my wife's paycheck alone I am figuring it will rob....er cost us over 3K a year.
Guess what? there is more to come next year when those of us who actually pay taxes have to start subsidizing the new Obama care program.. Silver lining I guess is that everyone has to pay the payroll tax...
4 more years Baby!!!

Yep....seems the biggest increase(on my paycheck anyway) is the social security tax.

3k more in total payroll taxes in 2013 vs 2012 for me as well.

Our government makes no sense. The one place that doesn't need to be cut is Social Security and that's where they gave us a 2% cut for 2 years.

How stupid was that!!!!

Taxes go up its an increase. End of story. It should have never been reduced. SS is hurting and will not be around when I retire. In that sense, that will likely be all that I ever recoup from SS.

This was defined as a temporary tax break or "holiday". As previously stated, it was not meant to be ongoing tax break. But it is never easy taking back something you give folks, and it certainly isn't easy for us to give it back.

Originally posted by VegasEagle:

I am not an Obama supporter by any means but this is not a tax increase. It is a result of a 2010 tax deduction that has expired. So you are paying the same as you were in early 2010.
Sorry, but potato pototo on that.

Oddly for me, I noticed my federal increased but my MS state taxes decreased. So the net diff wasn't really that bad.

Don't get me started though on my health insurance increase though. Basically doubled.

My solution to the whole thing is everybody stop paying any and all taxes. That will break them real fast. They can't throw us all in jail can they?

Originally posted by VegasEagle:

My solution to the whole thing is everybody stop paying any and all taxes. That will break them real fast. They can't throw us all in jail can they?
Worked for the Scientoligists, amirite?

IT WAS NOT A TAX INCREASE OR DECREASE.........IT WAS A SIMPLE REDUCTION IN THE AMOUNT OF TAXES COLLECTED ONLY.....no change either way in the amount of taxes you pay geesh

The money is going into the general fund, not to social security. You can call it a social security tax, but it is going into the general fund, this will not shore up our social security. This is a tax increase.

But the real question is, how will it affect our chances of joining the big east?
tired.r191677.gif

Originally posted by laureleagleson:
But the real question is, how will it affect our chances of joining the big east?
tired.r191677.gif
And if we don't get an invite are the Republicans or Democrats fault?
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/16 10:49 AM by comiceagle

Definitely repubs. Them bitches be stingy with their exit fees.
We need to be way to the right with the defectors. Give us our money beotches!

Hey LES, now that your getting married are you gonna have to change your pic on the other board? My art collection took a serious hit when I got married. I was almost in tears as I watched her scowl and throw them in the trash. I just kept thinking of all the lonely late nights that I held them in my left hand.

images

This post was edited on 1/16 11:27 AM by blue noodles
images

This post was edited on 1/16 11:41 AM by blue noodles

Vegas, you can spin it however you like. The government took $200 more out of this paycheck than the last. I call that a tax increase. Add in the huge increases that Obama has caused for healthcare, and my income is steadily DECREASING every year that POS is in office.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

yes, give back the holiday then...either way bringing home less in this crappy economy and then the real increases start next year with the obama care..
4 more years baby!

Originally posted by comiceagle:
Hey LES, now that your getting married are you gonna have to change your pic on the other board? My art collection took a serious hit when I got married. I was almost in tears as I watched her scowl and throw them in the trash. I just kept thinking of all the lonely late nights that I held them in my left hand.
Nope! She's cool with it! I got a good one, haha

You can not say it is not a tax increase in that for two years you payed less, and now, starting this month, your check will be less. However, the intent was that this little break in the payroll tax increased what you get in your check for a couple of years. Tough part is getting used to that amount and depending on it vs. treating it as temporary and living without depending on it.

By the way, and in respone to the response about your Mississippi State Tax going down as your payroll tax goes up. That is not the case for me. My state tax stayed the same.

I have a question for you guys. You, of course don't have to answer, but how many of you have ever worked in a job where you didn't get a raise for 8 years? If you are a state employee you know where I am going with this. I realize the retirement fund issues, but I am simply asking if any of you guys have been in a job, especially the private sector, that didn't give you a raise of any kind for 8 years.

IN my line of work... strait commission,, you can get a raise and you can get a decrease very easy... Lose a customer to a competitor, or a customer goes out of business.. credit terms, bad economy can be bad,,, however pickup a new customer, or 3 can be very good,, needless to say it is a up and down business, and with the economy still very sluggish , a lot of people give up going out to eat as the first cut...

Obama - "We passed 25 different tax cuts. Now, let me repeat: We cut taxes. We cut taxes for 95% of working families. We cut taxes for small businesses. We cut taxes for first-time homebuyers. We cut taxes for parents trying to care for their children. We cut taxes for 8 million Americans paying for college." If it was a tax cut then....it is a tax increase now. Simple as that in his own words. My paycheck is smaller and Obama is responsible. Obama has reversed the moniker of a Tax and Spend Democrat. It is now a Spend and Tax Democrat. From less than 10 Trillion in debt, to more than 16 T in debt and asking for more....in four years. God help us.

This post was edited on 1/16 4:44 PM by 80's eagle

Seriously, how has this bullshit not been sent to the Hub? I'm gonna start posting political bullshit all over this mofo pretty soon.

Seriously, how has this bullshit not been sent to the Hub? I'm gonna start posting political bullshit all over this mofo pretty soon.
no joke, I dont care about anyone's political opinion on this board.

Awwww. What's the matter? Can't handle all of your hero's flaws being exposed?

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
Vegas, you can spin it however you like. The government took $200 more out of this paycheck than the last. I call that a tax increase. Add in the huge increases that Obama has caused for healthcare, and my income is steadily DECREASING every year that POS is in office.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
You must be making over $250,000 a year if that 2% increase caused your check to be $200 less. Trust me I'm not happy about it at all, but my check was only about $55 less than usual, which will cost me approx. $1500 year.

Originally posted by Lee2000:

I have a question for you guys. You, of course don't have to answer, but how many of you have ever worked in a job where you didn't get a raise for 8 years? If you are a state employee you know where I am going with this. I realize the retirement fund issues, but I am simply asking if any of you guys have been in a job, especially the private sector, that didn't give you a raise of any kind for 8 years.
I'd have found a new job no less than 5 years ago, probably sooner.

Originally posted by Petal Eagle:
The money is going into the general fund, not to social security. You can call it a social security tax, but it is going into the general fund, this will not shore up our social security. This is a tax increase.
Exactly. Anybody who can't see this is either extremely naive or plain stupid.

Might want to clean up your language somewhat first...not that it bothers me, but this is not Eagle Post.

Originally posted by innswood eagle:
Don't know if yall have noticed but we all got a tax increase,,, on my wife's paycheck alone I am figuring it will rob....er cost us over 3K a year.
Guess what? there is more to come next year when those of us who actually pay taxes have to start subsidizing the new Obama care program.. Silver lining I guess is that everyone has to pay the payroll tax...
4 more years Baby!!!
Pretty sure it would be impossible for it to cost you over 3k a year. SS stops at just a little over 100k which means the most you could possibly pay is slightly over 2k in increased taxes. But, like people said this has to take effect as more people are drawing more money than they put into SS and there are less taxpayers to support the number of retirees. The fact that the government has robbed the SS fund to fund pet projects is a different subject. SS needs to be balanced for revenues/expenditures.

Originally posted by tartarman:
Our government makes no sense. The one place that doesn't need to be cut is Social Security and that's where they gave us a 2% cut for 2 years.
I agree about the government making no sense. I disagree about the Social Security cuts. The problem is that the social security money, when it is held out of your check, does not go into a big ole social security pot that accrues interest to build up and wait for you to retire. As mentioned in a previous thread, it goes into the general fund. The money that retired folks paid into social security and many now rely on for their livelihood is not just sitting around waiting to be distributed.

At it's (SS) inception, the avg age of death was much lower, and most of the money paid into social security would never go back to the person who put it there because they died before they could ever get it. I believe it was a way to tax people in a way that they thought they would get the money back later, while the gov't thought of it as a new stream of "revenue".

Didn't homeland security just buy a boat load of bullets recently? Probably just for target practice... right?..... Right??

well her paycheck bi monthly went down aprox 184.00 ,,,, and she gets quarterly bonus aprox 12,000 per year so I figure roughly 3K ,,, regardless everybody taxes are going up,,,,, thank god the 47% are going have to pay a little bit.. also.. sorry the Obama lovers on this board are going to have to pay a little sompin,,,, what you dont figure in is in 2014 we .that is the people who actually pay taxes are going to start helping the do nothings with their insurance bill....
4 more years baby!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT