ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Petro Nissan

Apr 27, 2008
Few weeks ago went to purchase a mixima, while working on the details, credit was run. They told me I had a great rate. I asked bout the eagle club discount that is on USM website. They told me that it's listed below the 2% over dealer invoice so the eagle club discount would not apply (I truly believe they are full of it). Well, back to the great rate they said I got. Come to find out they put it at 5.5% and I had qualified for 1.5% with my credit. Just another way they was gonna make more money.

By far the worst experience I have ever had with a dealership. Needless to say I went to Herrin Gear in Jackson and got a better deal than what I was trying to get from Petro. I don't see Petro honoring what they say they will to eagle club members either. I hope they don't swindle anyone who thinks they are getting this.

Originally posted by rpkt2:
Few weeks ago went to purchase a mixima, while working on the details, credit was run. They told me I had a great rate. I asked bout the eagle club discount that is on USM website. They told me that it's listed below the 2% over dealer invoice so the eagle club discount would not apply (I truly believe they are full of it). Well, back to the great rate they said I got. Come to find out they put it at 5.5% and I had qualified for 1.5% with my credit. Just another way they was gonna make more money.

By far the worst experience I have ever had with a dealership. Needless to say I went to Herrin Gear in Jackson and got a better deal than what I was trying to get from Petro. I don't see Petro honoring what they say they will to eagle club members either. I hope they don't swindle anyone who thinks they are getting this.
You've experienced one of the little known secrets in buying a car. The money is made by the dealer's financing guy by the spread is what you qualify for and what you accept. I had a friend which handled financing and between the money made on the spread in rates and the add on programs they sell you and add to financiing he cleared an easy $150,000 annually. It's not the salesman you need to worry about but the guy handling the financing at the dealership that'll stick it to you. I personally think there needs to be a truth in lending law passed so that dealers have to inform you as to what your credit rating qualifies you for. Glad you figured it out and walked away. A lot of folks don't understand the spread and banks are not interested in car loans so they don't get competitive with their rates. If you are in a credit union it may be best to go there for financing.

Do not buy from these guys. I bought a car for my daughter a few years ago which had serious engine trouble at 29,000 miles. These guys refused to touch it since I could not supply every single receipt for the oil changes. (She had some away from home and lost the receipts). I know now that I should have appealed to the company for a defective engine but I trusted the local guys. Their commercials are very accurate.

Originally posted by Itaweagle:
Do not buy from these guys. I bought a car for my daughter a few years ago which had serious engine trouble at 29,000 miles. These guys refused to touch it since I could not supply every single receipt for the oil changes. (She had some away from home and lost the receipts). I know now that I should have appealed to the company for a defective engine but I trusted the local guys. Their commercials are very accurate.
Petro in Hattiesburg suck. Go to Grey Daniels in Brandon they offer some pretty good deal and that is where I purchased my SUV back in 2006.

Never dealt with Petro, but about maddest I've ever been was at Grey Daniels Brandon. All they wanted to talk was "payments" never how they came to the payment. Spent 3 hours there, and finally just walked out.

On a positive note. If you really don't want bs and done right, you need to buy from Woolwine Ford in Collins. They are first class people long time supporters of usm. They are very fair and honest. I promise you will never regret dealing with these Christian people. I live 2 and a half ours away from them and I drive up even to get my oil changed.

Originally posted by CrazyEagle98:
Never dealt with Petro, but about maddest I've ever been was at Grey Daniels Brandon. All they wanted to talk was "payments" never how they came to the payment. Spent 3 hours there, and finally just walked out.
Have always secured financing before I went car shopping. That way I tell them I can write a check for a certain amount and if they want it, take it or leave it. The car payment game is terrible for car buyers.

Noel Daniels is a friend of mine but has never done anything but talk bad about Southern Miss.
He is a L Monroe grad but is a rebel wannabe.

Other than that a good person.

Petro has been a good supporter of USM but have never had any business dealings with them.

Originally posted by CrazyEagle98:
Smart guy in that you didn't take payments. They love folks that talk about how much they can afford a month in payments. They bill interest rate and add on programs into that expected payment amount.

If you know what kind of car you want, go through the dealers website and request a sales person contact you. Put your email address but put a wrong phone number down. Negotiate with them by email so there's none of the typical car sales bs. I tell them to give me their best offer. After that, do the same thing with the finance guy. You can play multiple dealers against each other.

Bought 2 vehicles for my son's 2 years ago, did it exactly like you said. Went through about 10 dealerships all online, emailing each the lowest price I had been quoted. They even went to Florida, picked up the cars and delivered them to my house...

Do your test drives to find out what you really want, then arrange the purchas all online. Find the vehicle you want and ask for the bottom line price. If you don't like it, just move on to another dealer. I have bought our last 2 vehicles this way and it certainly takes the hassle out of buying a car. Best deals I found were in Atlanta and Houston.

Since when is making profit a crime? Suppose each of us had to negotiate for our own salary every hour of
Every day? Wal-mart shoppers have destroyed the local economies. We want nobody else to make
any money.

Supporting the local guy unless it costs more money seems selfishly self serving.

So does, "test drive" at the local dealer but buy where it's cheapest.

These folks support our local economy, support local employees, and support our Universty.

Doing "fair market" research on at and interest rate is different than looking for cheap at the expense of all
else.

Some people value the local business and local support.

Where do you think the $$$ to support Southern Miss comes from?

If you fail to value the service component of a local dealer, then don't buy from them.

But, why do we have to bash the few loyal supporters that we do have?

And then we brag about buying from Ole Misd and State supporters??

Favorite sport at USM???

Southern Miss supporters bashing Southern Miss supporters.

Lol. So we're just supposed to bend over for these car salesmen and take it up the shorts? Sorry, but these dealerships make millions every year by ripping people off with unethical tactics. I don't need to go there and get ripped off just to pad their profit margin.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT