ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Local Mechanic

ATO_eagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
Guys-

I need some help. My mom went to Hattiesburg this weekend to visit my sister. On her way home yesterday, her car broke down in Laurel. She had to get back home (north MS-200 miles away), so the car is still sitting there. Can anyone recommend a reputable mechanic in the Laurel/Hattiesburg area that might be able to have it towed/worked on at a decent price?

Bluntly put, my mom just lost her job and her mother and is a total wreck. Financially, she isn't able to do much at all, so I will have to foot the bill (unexpectedly, less than 2 months before my first child arrives). AAA charges $3/mile to tow (so towing it back to Amory is unrealistic.

I hate to come here to ask for help, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If anyone has any leads, suggestions, please post them here or email me directly at usmato@aol.com.

Eric

PS- sorry for the double post. Not sure where my first message went.

Jerry's Automotive in Laurel is the place that dad and I always use. He's an honest guy, and knows his stuff. Tell him Sam or Marcus Creel sent you. (601) 425-5060
This post was edited on 8/21 10:55 PM by laureleagleson

Phil Henderson is who I use on my Toyota and Hondas. He is the best and most reasonable (601-425-2766). You didn,t tell what kind of car. Towing is it an issue?

It's a mid-90's Toyota Camry or Corolla. I would assume that towing it won't be an issue at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT