ADVERTISEMENT

open homosexuals in the military

THOTH

Starter
Dec 10, 2002
As a veteran I can't understand the benefits of allowing open, practicing homosexuals in the military. Straight men simply do not want open/practicing homosexuals serving in the same units. In basic training men showered in an open bay when I went through. Women certainly don't want letches eyes on them while they shower( men), but men will be required to be shower with letches "checking them out"?
Also...In many field conditions the open shower is still seen.
Open homosexuals and straights serving side by side cannot be beneficial to moral and disciple.
embarassed.gif

The military doesn't function like the civilian world...I'm Sorry !
ohwell.gif

think you are wrong, gay guys do not come on to other strait guys,. I am a strait guy and a republican. Just my thoughts!If you have no doubts about your sexuality what would it matter? BTW, what the hell is a letches?

letch= sexual desire.
lecher= a man given to excessive sexual indulgence; a lascivious or licentious man.
letches= my play with words.
wink.gif

THOTH...

Not sure I want to enter the fray of this discussion, but don't you have to assume that the type of behavior you describe is ALREADY going on...and has for years?

Re: THOTH...

Yeah, well....they have enough problems as it is...keeping men and women from messing around.
kisses.gif

Re: THOTH...

Plenty if gays are already there. If your willing to die for your country I don't care who you like.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

It isn't that simple.
People don't join the military to "die for their country".
It happens sometimes, but living on and retiring is the objective in most cases. Most seem to enlist for employment reasons. They get the heck out of Dodge because there just weren't enough good paying jobs in "Dodge".
The military is highly selective in who can enlist and who gets promoted and so on. Discrimination is a key component of military discipline and effectiveness. Too fat? You get kicked out. Asthma will get one discharged. If one can't run a mile in a prescribed time, then it's goodbye. The military has rating system which selects who gets promoted and if an individual cannot get promoted in a certain time, they go home.
This isn't civilian life. In a civilian job, one can do as they please off the clock just as long as they show up for work on time and do their job. One is in the military 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Your home life IS their business.Even your dating life and how you pay your bills is scrutinized.
Homosexual behavior is in my opinion in incompatible with military moral and discipline.
Barack Obama and other gay rights advocates don't understand this.

The military is highly selective of who can enlist...since when?!

There are already a lot of gays serving in the military. I very seriously doubt that they will suddenly go after all the straight guys if they are allowed to serve openly. I suspect that they would just be happy to not have to worry about losing their careers at any given moment and the fact that they could actually put their partner down as someone to be notified in the event of an emergency or their death.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I don't see how what someone wants sexually matters in war time situations. Their goal is to win the war. If they're gay....well, only gay men will want their gay sex. A straight man will not want it.

Are you scared a gay man is going to overpower you in your bunker? Or convince you to do something that is against your morals?

Those are the only two things I can think of. Other than that....what's the fuss about?

It's like a gay football player. You scared your teammate is going to test you sexually?

I know what yall are scared of....yall scared that some gay man is going to like your looks and you'll think you're less of a man now because another man is attracted.

I couldn't care less if I had to serve with a gay man. I know what I'm going to be having sex with and it's not him. And he won't with me. But, I'm sure he'll try his hardest like any other man to ensure we win our combats!

Originally posted by THOTH:
It isn't that simple.
People don't join the military to "die for their country".
It happens sometimes, but living on and retiring is the objective in most cases. Most seem to enlist for employment reasons. They get the heck out of Dodge because there just weren't enough good paying jobs in "Dodge".
The military is highly selective in who can enlist and who gets promoted and so on. Discrimination is a key component of military discipline and effectiveness. Too fat? You get kicked out. Asthma will get one discharged. If one can't run a mile in a prescribed time, then it's goodbye. The military has rating system which selects who gets promoted and if an individual cannot get promoted in a certain time, they go home.
This isn't civilian life. In a civilian job, one can do as they please off the clock just as long as they show up for work on time and do their job. One is in the military 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Your home life IS their business.Even your dating life and how you pay your bills is scrutinized.
Homosexual behavior is in my opinion in incompatible with military moral and discipline.
Barack Obama and other gay rights advocates don't understand this.

THOTH,

I never said people join the military to "die for their country" I said "if your willing to die for your country"

You are 100% correct that most join for career reasons, but when you sign on that line it is understood that you can and are willing to die for your country. Anyone who is willing to take that chance for me and my family's freedoms is ok by me. I could give a crap which way they swing.

Also comparing pyhiscal ability to homosexuals does not hold water to me. Able bodies are able bodies.

The point remains.....the military is its own world and operates on its own rules.

(Interesting topic going on here.. to bad I can not comment).

You darn right I served !
furious.gif
In my over 20 years I can't recall losing one good troop to this law.
This Senate vote ...It does to show you that most Democrats and some Republicans care more about perverts than they do about our military.
rolleyes.gif
. They pander to the lowest special interest group.
On TV Joe Lieberman even invoked the "founding fathers"...Founding Fathers ??
sick.gif

It would appear that many throw out "sexual orientation" as a red herring of sorts to deliberately confuse it with sexual actions. Doesn't actions make one a homosexual ?
Just because one might be confused about their sexual attractions doesn't make them engage in vile sexual behavior.
shock.gif

Perhaps this thinking all started with the 60's hippy "free-love" where the desire to fornicate automatically equaled acting those feelings out.
Just because a guy might look at Maxim magazine doesn't mean he will cheat on his wife. Just because a girl finds boys cute, that shouldn't mean she will become pregnant. Just because someone might have an off-center "orientation" does not entitle them to engage in perverted behavior.
The military should kicked people out for unauthorized sexual behavior.
kisses.gif

I still don't see the link between gays in the military and defending the country.

No gay man should ever be able to convince a straight man to have sex with him. If that happens, that straight man is either WEAK (and shouldn't be serving) or just GAY.

If I had to enlist, and I was sharing a bunker with a gay man....it'd be the least of my concerns. The greatest concern would be of course winning the battle so I can go home!!!

And what if a gay man is checking me out when I'm showering or what not? You tell him to never do so again. If he does...well...I'm sure plenty have fought in the military for lesser reasons!

I say let them serve like normal. We all know just like what happened with minorities (specifically blacks) in the military, the openly gays are going to just be discriminated against and put on the front lines anyways! So those who are squiemish about this probably won't have much to worry about
rolleyes.gif

The social actions or equal opportunity officials will pamper the concerns of the gays, not the straights. They will be required to protect the homos from the straights, but be less likely to protect normals guys from the homos. or so I'm afraid .
clown.gif

Protect gays from the straights????

What would a straight person be doing to a gay person in the first place????

....In fact, I don't wanna know. That sentence implies there's going to be now an uprise of straight men doing quasi-gay things to gay people to the point where gays will need protection.

It's the military. You should be over there protecting the country, period. Someone's sexuality should be the least of your concerns when you got enemies who are training their 10 year olds how to be suicide bombers!

If guys are going to be more concerned about which way their fellow man consents to OR if they cannot resist the urge to bother their fellow man about their sexuality....they might need to finish (or re-finish) high school and pick a different life path.

That's disgusting even thinking a straight guy would need protection from a gay person....as if gays are so powerful that they can just look at you and screw you. Let me tell yall something....if you need protection from a gay, then stay the hell from me. You're weak as hell and you I couldn't depend on you with my life!

Just like an ugly woman, you tell them to get the hell away from you and move on. Simple solution. And if they put hands on you....you defend yourself and give them that 1 good punch that they probably never had in their lives.

I mean sexual harassment issues and verbal harassment issues.
That is messed up enough with mixing males and females.
blush.gif

This post was edited on 1/11 2:44 AM by THOTH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT