ADVERTISEMENT

ODU writer slams c-USA...

HistoryEagle

Key Reserve
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Soso, MS
ODU writer slams CUSA
Sure is something when the writer for our own Athletic Department directly criticizes CUSA. Normally he's more polite. We are so ready for this move, top to bottom.

"I scratched my head over that one," Selig said. "When is the last time fifth-best league only got the regular season champion and tournament champion in the field?"

This is just another reason why it's such a good thing that ODU is leaving C-USA for the Sun Belt. July 1 can't come soon enough.

C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod and her entire staff should be hanging their heads in shame. When you have teams like UTSA and ODU on the bubble, you fight like hell to educate committee members as to just how good they are, even if very soon, they will be leaving your league.

I don't know what, if anything, the league did to lobby the NCAA Committee. Whatever was done, it didn't work.

The Sun Belt, meanwhile, looks better and better every day.

Georgia Southern is hosting a regional and Southern Miss, which joins the league next year, is also hosting a regional.

Louisiana, Coastal Carolina and Texas State are also in the tournament and ODU, Marshall and James Madison also join a league that will leapfrog well ahead of C-USA next season.

Dr. Selig declined to criticize C-USA officials, saying he prefers to look forward and not back.

But he added that he's going to be proactive in trying to prevent this from happening again.

"ODU baseball should now be a three-time NCAA tournament team in the last five years but for reasons I don't think anyone can honestly explain, we have gone only one time in the last five years," he said.

Minium: Athletic Director Wood Selig Perplexed as to Why ODU Baseball Didn't Make NCAA Field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News