ADVERTISEMENT

Obama declares war on poor...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
Obama ramps up his closure of coal plants that produce electricity. Last year he closed 9% and this year he is closing another 18%. This will cause electricity costs to continue to go way up. Who will be hurt the most by this? The people with the lowest incomes, and of course the hundreds and hundreds of people that he caused to lose their jobs.The cost of everything will rise. And he is doing this all based on junk the junk science of global warming. The sad thing is that if global warming were true these changes wouldn't make a bit of difference. Another sad thing is that he couldn't do this legally through Congress, so King Obama just did it through the back door. And he is doing it on the backs of the poor that he says he is for. Many of our Founding Fathers predicted that our Constitution would lead to an elected monarch. Well their predictions have come true. Sad.

Interesting, got some facts to share on the closings? Got some links to share? I would love to read up on the reasoning. The Gulf Power plant that supplies Pensacola and the surrounding area is a coal fired plant, and probably contributes to our high Ozone count. Gulf Power, a part of the Southern Company, has been buying up land in the northern half of Escambia, chatter has it for a nuclear power plant. I don't know how true that is, but the plant on the Escambia River is of an older design and has troubles with air quality. Throw me a bone, let me read up on your info, also, if you don't mind, include links on where the President declared war on the poor, or was that just your words...Black/Gold

It's obvious to anyone with more than a single-digit IQ that Obama hates the poor. Let's take a look...

1) He has killed the job market with his anti-corporate agenda. He has had unemployment > 8% for his entire time in office. That hasn't been accomplished by any president since the Great Depression.

2) Americans living in poverty is at an all-time high, and Obama has done nothing to help it.

3) He forced through the abomination known as Obamacare against the will of the American people to satisfy his biggest political contributors. This will kill millions more jobs, and force even more people into poverty.

4) Obama wants to raise taxes on job creators, which will kill more jobs, and force more people into poverty.

5) Foreclosures are at an all-time high. Obama hasn't batted an eye, and apparently doesn't care whether people lose their homes or not.

6) Obama is MIA in Washington. Instead of doing his job, he's out campaigning and hosting $500/plate dinners to raise money for himself.

I could go on, but you get the picture. Obama cares about raising money from wealthy liberals, and winning elections. He doesn't give 2 s***ts about you, me, or anyone living in poverty.

Civics lesson: #3...Legislation has to be passed thru both the Senate and the House of Representatives before a President can either sign or veto what has been passed by Congress. Congressional bills do not become law until they are signed bye any President. The Senate, House of Representatives and the President are all three elected positions, so the people of the United States have spoken, and the law was upheld by the US Supreme Court, the highest courts of the land...I know, I know, it still chaps you, but it is the law and it was done properly...Black/Gold

Nobody said the law was illegal. But that doesn't make it a good law. 80% of Americans opposed it. The Democrats created it behind closed doors (despite promises of transparence). They refused to negotiate with Republicans (despite promises to make compromises). And most of them voted for it without ever having read it.

When 80% of Americans oppose something, they aren't doing what they were elected to do. King Obama took advantage of numbers in Congress, and shoved through garbage legislation that the American people didn't want. And it doesn't chap me as much as it saddens me. I'm not blinded by ignorance, and brainwashed by the left, so I see it as the travesty that it is. If it isn't overturned, then Americans will suffer for decades because of it.

I didn't ignore. Not enough time to argue all the points with you tonight. Black/Gold

Then just save some time and admit that I'm right.
party0005.r191677.gif

Heres the link about the closures link since Nue didn't post it.

I find it sad that they blame the power companies on the rising costs when they shut down capacity what do they expect to happen when they shut that much down. The total capacity of electricity this nation produces is going down while population rises leading to skyrocketing electricity costs that are already being felt (closures have been happening for several years).

Mark my words when the rolling blackouts start that they have in other countries that have adopted these types of policies the dems will blame the power companies not the fact that they have shut off much of our generating capacity.

link

Here's another link below that talks about it. And yes the "war on the poor" is my phrase in response to the ridiculous use of a similar one with Romney. Of course Obama hasn't declared war on the poor, it's just that his policies are the equivalent of war on the poor. His printing of money to finance his debt hurts the poor the most, his energy policies hurt the poor the most, his economic policies hurt the poor the most, his environmental policies hurt the poor the most. And I could go on and on. Meanwhile he buys their votes by giving them things. The sad thing is what he gives is always less than what he takes.

link

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
The sad thing is what he gives is always less than what he takes.
No. The sad thing is that they are too stupid to see it. Liberal policies are responsible for holding back the African American population. Liberal policies are responsible for the fact that we're now dealing with a record number of Americans living on food stamps, and below the poverty line. But they continue to vote for liberals because they are too stupid to realize that liberals are destroying the American way of life with their free handouts.

legendary i am amazed at thoroughly and easily you have been swayed by the propaganda on your television! BTW they say those with lower iq's are the ones that fall for propaganda the easiest
confused0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by smokewrings:
legendary i am amazed at thoroughly and easily you have been swayed by the propaganda on your television! BTW they say those with lower iq's are the ones that fall for propaganda the easiest
confused0006.r191677.gif
Propaganda? Lol. I don't think I could even find conservative propaganda if I went looking for it. You see, thanks to the liberal media trying to brainwash everyone with liberal propaganda (which they apparently succeeded in doing with you), we have to inform ourselves on the issues and form our own opinions. We don't have the luxury of being told what to do, think, eat, drink, feel, and vote for like you brainwashed liberals do. It's tough having to do my own thinking, but I kind of enjoy it. You should try it sometime.

confused0006.r191677.gif
It always amazes me when liberals accuse conservatives of being swayed by TV and not being able to think for ourselves. If you look at who actually reads non-fiction books on the issues of the day, its conservative books that sell. If you look at the ratings for who listens to radio shows discussing the issues to find out whats going on, its conservatives. If you look at where most liberals get their news, its a comedy show.

Libs think conservatives get what we think from talk radio, the truth is that when conservative talk radio first came along almost all conservatives had the same thought that I did - "Finally, someone that thinks like I do." We were so tired of hearing and seeing just one side all the time, year after year, channel after channel. But since libs think that their view is the correct view they think it is unbiased and reasonable. Therefore anyone that disagrees with them must be radical and biased. It can't be that the other person just has a different point of view can it? No according to libs conservatives are biased, racists, anti -environment, anti- poor, and just plain hateful all around.

Well the truth is that the left is harming the poor with their destructive policies. The left cannot win without keeping the charges of racism alive. If we get along and blacks succeed then the Democratic elite are out of power. And they are making millions off of their power. Don't think for a minute that Pelosi, Obama, Reid, Clinton are not raking in millions at what they are doing. Gore has made well over $100 million off of global warming. Everyone of them are muli - multi millionaires with unbelievable amounts of power.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Republicans that are in it for the power and money too. Just look at the way they vote and you can see who is who.

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
party0005.r191677.gif
Lol..You wish...You going to be at the Nebraska game? Look forward to buying you a beer, and explaining to you in person how wrong you are on most issues of policy and politics...Black/Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
party0005.r191677.gif
Lol..You wish...You going to be at the Nebraska game? Look forward to buying you a beer, and explaining to you in person how wrong you are on most issues of policy and politics...Black/Gold
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Tough times in this Obama economy, you know.
wink.r191677.gif
Maybe if gas wasn't $3.60/gallon.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
confused0006.r191677.gif
It always amazes me when liberals accuse conservatives of being swayed by TV and not being able to think for ourselves. If you look at who actually reads non-fiction books on the issues of the day, its conservative books that sell. If you look at the ratings for who listens to radio shows discussing the issues to find out whats going on, its conservatives. If you look at where most liberals get their news, its a comedy show.

Libs think conservatives get what we think from talk radio, the truth is that when conservative talk radio first came along almost all conservatives had the same thought that I did - "Finally, someone that thinks like I do." We were so tired of hearing and seeing just one side all the time, year after year, channel after channel. But since libs think that their view is the correct view they think it is unbiased and reasonable. Therefore anyone that disagrees with them must be radical and biased. It can't be that the other person just has a different point of view can it? No according to libs conservatives are biased, racists, anti -environment, anti- poor, and just plain hateful all around.

Well the truth is that the left is harming the poor with their destructive policies. The left cannot win without keeping the charges of racism alive. If we get along and blacks succeed then the Democratic elite are out of power. And they are making millions off of their power. Don't think for a minute that Pelosi, Obama, Reid, Clinton are not raking in millions at what they are doing. Gore has made well over $100 million off of global warming. Everyone of them are muli - multi millionaires with unbelievable amounts of power.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Republicans that are in it for the power and money too. Just look at the way they vote and you can see who is who.
It is ironic that liberals accuse conservatives of being brainwashed with propaganda when about 98% of the media is controlled by, and slanted toward, left-wingers. You should post more often.

ty for making my point! you do not know whether i am a liberal or a conservative...yet you act just like the propagandist you say do not even exist!!!! LMAO......no wonder 65% of mississippi conservatives believe Obama is a muslim...what an embarrasment this state has become both nationally and internationally..btw i do not believe either party is worth a dam...they are too much into trying to see who can spit out the best insult like 7th grade boys standing outside the lunch room

and for those of you who think there is no conservative propaganda in the media?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outfoxed.org%2F&ei=mOAaUOyjFMbd0QGQvYAw&usg=AFQjCNEc6-K9SH6B8_1N9QZwM7K1vwKV9A

just one example

ty for making my point! you do not know whether i am a liberal or a conservative...yet you act just like the propagandist you say do not even exist!!!! LMAO......no wonder 65% of mississippi conservatives believe Obama is a muslim...what an embarrasment this state has become both nationally and internationally..btw i do not believe either party is worth a dam...they are too much into trying to see who can spit out the best insult like 7th grade boys standing outside the lunch room

and for those of you who think there is no conservative propaganda in the media?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outfoxed.org%2F&ei=mOAaUOyjFMbd0QGQvYAw&usg=AFQjCNEc6-K9SH6B8_1N9QZwM7K1vwKV9A

just one example
Smoke, I'm not new around here. Neither are you. You are well known for spewing your liberal propaganda any time the subject of politics comes up. So don't try to play stupid.

just one example
smokerwings you gave away your liberal side with your first post in this thread about those with lower iq's being swayed by propaganda. Of course you are using the same old tired line that libs are smarter than conservatives simply because they are smart enough to see the right way. That alone makes them smart and conservatives stupid. As for Fox news, libs just don't get that they are loaded with with left, right, and center minded people. They also have shows that are straight news and shows that are commentary. Libs either can't seem to see the difference or refuse to (I think it's the latter because it fits their agenda). On the opinion shows of course there is bias. That is what opinion is.

The problem is when news is presented as straight and it is opinion. That is what NBC, NY Times, etc does. They are loaded with opinion and are not presented that way. If you tune into an opinion show on Fox, you know you are getting commentary, if you tune into a news show you know you are getting news.

By the way I guess you missed the fact that Fox had more people on their network coming out in favor of more gun control by a mile than any other network after the recent incident. CNN was a distant second.

I challenge you to find a fraction of the conservative side presented on all the other networks put together that Fox has of the liberal side on theirs. It's not there. There are several liberal hosts on Fox. Where are they on the other networks?

Who are the liberal hosts on Fox, hosts not guests, I am not sure who you are referring to?...Black/Gold

Who are the liberal hosts on Fox, hosts not guests, I am not sure who you are referring to?...Black/Gold
I rarely watch any TV, let alone news shows, so these people may or may not still be there. But these are a few that I've seen in the past whose names I can remember...

Allen Colmes
Greta Van Sustren
Kristen Powers
Juan Williams

And nice job by the liberals to turn this thread from King Obama's war on the poor to a Fox News. Deflection is what they do best since they can't defend Obama's record.

And nice job by the liberals to turn this thread from King Obama's war on the poor to a Fox News. Deflection is what they do best since they can't defend Obama's record.
Alan Colmes(sp) used to host with Herr Hannity, but not any longer. He does appearances for counter point from time to time. Juan Williams fills about the same role, but is a more frequent guest. Williams is a pretty moderate guy, which seems to be the new bad thing, to be a moderate. I know he was with NPR for a long time, lost that gig, don't remember exactly why anymore. I don't think you can call Greta Van Sustern a liberal, but she maybe having sex with Donald Trump, which surprises me that he would have sex with anyone but himself....Black/Gold

Juan Williams says he's a liberal many times. He comes in centrist on some positions yes but, so did Bush that doesn't make him not a republican. Also Bob Beckel needs to be added to the list as he is very, very liberal and is a host on the five. I am curious though what you think about the closing of the power plants? We have no plans to replace that with other power sources at the moment and you can already see the rising prices the closures have caused.

Originally posted by Eagleyed:
Juan Williams says he's a liberal many times. He comes in centrist on some positions yes but, so did Bush that doesn't make him not a republican. Also Bob Beckel needs to be added to the list as he is very, very liberal and is a host on the five. I am curious though what you think about the closing of the power plants? We have no plans to replace that with other power sources at the moment and you can already see the rising prices the closures have caused.

From the links I read, the one's supplied earlier in this topic run, the main reason for the closing of the plants was the availability of cheaper natural gas. It is apparently abundant, has less polution costs and is better for the enviroment. I did see what was written about the effect of closing the plants on the lives of people in coal country, and I am empathetic. I don't have an answere for them, and am glad to not be in their shoes. I did not see where the President was responsible, directly anyway, for these closings. If memory serves, the issues with clean air/water dated back to 1990 and a Republican administration. I believe in what the free market has done to coal as a source of power generation. Looks like the article also mentioned coal companies looking overseas where there are large markets for their products in countries with coal burning plants.

Living in Pensacola, I saw first hand the enviromental damage that the Gulf oil spill brought. While the beaches are clean and beautiful now, as is the water, the long term affects on the biology of the Gulf is undetermined. That being said, it served to reinforce my long held stance on enviromental quality. Clean air, clean water, how basic are those needs? If it were up to me we would ban all off shore drilling, find alternative means for power and gas for our cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats. I may be straying off topic, so let me refocus on what I believe you were asking. I did not gleem from the articles that the cause of the closing of the coal fired electrical plants was the direct result of having Barack Obama as President, rather, it was market driven. Have the EPA policies of his administration contributed to these costs, yes, as have the EPA policies of previous administrations. Are EPA policies bad, no, if you enjoy clean air, healthy lungs and a reduction of green house gases. I know it is election season, so anything will be used to attack a sitting President, nothing new about that...Black/Gold

Alan Colmes(sp) used to host with Herr Hannity, but not any longer. He does appearances for counter point from time to time. Juan Williams fills about the same role, but is a more frequent guest. Williams is a pretty moderate guy, which seems to be the new bad thing, to be a moderate. I know he was with NPR for a long time, lost that gig, don't remember exactly why anymore. I don't think you can call Greta Van Sustern a liberal, but she maybe having sex with Donald Trump, which surprises me that he would have sex with anyone but himself....Black/Gold
lol. It would surprise me if he had sex with that ugly horse-face when he's got a super-hot wife!

Originally posted by Eagleyed:

From the links I read, the one's supplied earlier in this topic run, the main reason for the closing of the plants was the availability of cheaper natural gas. It is apparently abundant, has less polution costs and is better for the enviroment. I did see what was written about the effect of closing the plants on the lives of people in coal country, and I am empathetic. I don't have an answere for them, and am glad to not be in their shoes. I did not see where the President was responsible, directly anyway, for these closings. If memory serves, the issues with clean air/water dated back to 1990 and a Republican administration. I believe in what the free market has done to coal as a source of power generation. Looks like the article also mentioned coal companies looking overseas where there are large markets for their products in countries with coal burning plants.

Living in Pensacola, I saw first hand the enviromental damage that the Gulf oil spill brought. While the beaches are clean and beautiful now, as is the water, the long term affects on the biology of the Gulf is undetermined. That being said, it served to reinforce my long held stance on enviromental quality. Clean air, clean water, how basic are those needs? If it were up to me we would ban all off shore drilling, find alternative means for power and gas for our cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats. I may be straying off topic, so let me refocus on what I believe you were asking. I did not gleem from the articles that the cause of the closing of the coal fired electrical plants was the direct result of having Barack Obama as President, rather, it was market driven. Have the EPA policies of his administration contributed to these costs, yes, as have the EPA policies of previous administrations. Are EPA policies bad, no, if you enjoy clean air, healthy lungs and a reduction of green house gases. I know it is election season, so anything will be used to attack a sitting President, nothing new about that...Black/Gold
A perfectly clean and beautiful environment would be great. Everyone wants that. But at what cost? You can't bankrupt America chasing these pie in the sky fantasies of getting rid of fossil fuels overnight. And if you think these liberal politicians care about the environment, then you've been duped again by them. They are making billions from "clean energy" companies. The only "green" they care about is the dollar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT