ADVERTISEMENT

NRA T SHIRT

Talon1995

Redshirt
Feb 16, 2009
Bet if would have worn a gay pride shirt to school the teacher would have said nothing!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing how free speech goes only one way with some people.

NRA T SHIRT

Originally posted by Talon1995:

Bet if would have worn a gay pride shirt to school the teacher would have said nothing!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing how free speech goes only one way with some people.
The teacher was in the wrong here. The student did not violate the dress code, he did however violate the teachers beliefs. That was the problem.

I don't care what the T*shirt said, don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with a student not obeying a teacher when asked. If the student had obeyed, and then asked to speak with a dean or the principal, then there would not have been a problem. We struggle enough with behavior in school, to laud a student who was disobedient does nothing but encourage the behavior. I don't understand the attack on a teacher, who regardless of their belief about the NRA, was acting in his role as an authority figure. If the kid really is interested in joining the service, he is going to get an education in obeying lawful orders. Again, let me repeat, I don't have a problem with his T*shirt or why he wore it....Black/Gold

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT