ADVERTISEMENT

New Golden Eagle needs orientation

Jun 16, 2015
Hello everyone! Nice place you've got here.

I'm coming to Hburg this fall as a graduate student. As an SEC grad (Go Vols!), I'm admittedly not as familiar with the Athletics scene at ISM as is like to be. If you guys could give me a quick rundown of which team I'm supposed to hate, what traditions I need to follow, and any other information about the area (restaurants, attractions, etc) that I should know about, that would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to enjoying some good times here! SMTTT!

You've arrived on a good year to hate on Mississippi State, or Mistake as I call them. When we used to play Old Miss and Mistake we pretty much hated them the most. Then when we started beating them most of the time they both ended the series. Now we have a couple of games again with Miss State which is good to see, although it is at a time when our team is down due to the Ellis Johnson hire. We are now on the right track rebuilding and will be back with this year being a competitive year. At the games just follow the students and crowd and watch for first downs when we follow the announced "first down Southern Miss" with a "To The Top" yell. Tailgaiting is big and you will enjoy that. As to restaurants, there are many good ones. My favorite is Crescent City Grill. Just a suggestion, but you should post this question on The District and you'll get more action. This forum doesn't get much traffic since it gets mostly political discussion. Hope you enjoy your time at USM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT