ADVERTISEMENT

Mid-Year Football Predictions

jocko5478

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2007
Nine and Three was my post-spring training prediction. Now I will give a mid-year prediction as the roster is nearly settled for the year. I will make a final prediction following the Fall practice.

Defense: One big problem last year was our secondary, which gave up too many deep passes. Hall has concentrated on this problem and obtained several good players to remedy the situation. Provided the new editions can gel, this will be a strong point in the defense. The DL appears to be the strong point. The Linebacker position took a couple of big hits, but Hall has brought in some suitable replacements. I believe the defense will be in good shape.

Offense: How many years now has there been a mysterious QB situation? Well, this is another. Hall has two transfers, Edwards and Wiles, as well as two freshmen, Crawford and Gonzalez. Besides transferring from good football programs, Houston and Clemson, we know nothing about Edwards and Wiles (the latter was injured during the spring). One might think some light would be shed since they were both here for spring football but think again. We only learned “they are coming along” or some other trite phrase. Of course, the freshmen are freshmen and have a lot to learn. Thus, the mystery continues. Not knowing anything about your QB is the most challenging to predict wins and losses.

The OL may be as good as it has been in years. Several returning starters and some newcomers could prove to be a huge asset. The running game is set for picking up first downs and some long runs. Again, the question is will we have a QB that can throw some completions and be an asset to the running game? If we can, we will go 8-4. If not, we will go 7-5. I will have a breakdown later.

Reactions: BirminghamEagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News