ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Game Question

SportsWatcher247

Key Reserve
Feb 22, 2007
Hi guys! I'm making the trip to Hattiesburg next Saturday for the 5th time. I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of tickets off of StubHub that are on the second row on the visitor's side. Would I be able to see the field from the second row or should I seek seats higher up? In the past I've sat in the visitor's section that low in the past and struggled to see the field. I wasn't sure if it was because I was on the second row or because my seats were well into the end zone. I'm looking for something in section N or near it. Thanks guys and I am looking forward to the game next week. Hattiesburg has always been my favorite road destination!

Personally, I like to be a little higher so I can see the action on the opposite side of the field. We sit on row 19, about the 20 yard line near the closed-in endzone and I still have issues seeing plays on the far end, near sideline on occasion.

Purchase them from USM so that the money goes to the athletic program. Support the football team! You can still get great tickets online at the link below. Section N has a few good ones left, although Section M has good ones left and is better IMO than N since it is more animated during the game. That's where I will be. I personally like to sit a few more rows up in order to see better. You can select your seats at the link below.

tickets

This post was edited on 11/1 9:18 AM by NueDaeEagle

This post was edited on 11/1 9:21 AM by NueDaeEagle

Thanks for the help guys! I emailed the ticket office earlier this week and have yet to receive a reply. Because of this I just turned to you guys for help! I generally try to purchase tickets through the ticket offices because I like to help out the fellow C-USA schools. I didn't want to purchase through Marshall because I knew the seats would be in the end zone. I've sat there three times and spent most of the game watching the video board rather than the game. I'm really unsure what bowl game Marsball ends up at if they win out. I'm hoping for the Peach Bowl of course but it seems as if that would only be possible if ECU loses. I believe the C-USA champion gets to choose their destination if they don't make the Access Bowl. If this scenario happens I'm afraid Marshall ends up either at the Boca Raton Bowl so that the many Floridians on the team get one more game in their home state. Marshall could also choose to play in the Heart of Dallas Bowl against the most marquee opponent the C-USA bowl lineup provides, a middle of the pack Big 10 team. Hypothetically speaking, none of these scenarios are too appealing for a team that would be 13-0 at that point. Hopefully the players and coaches are focused on you guys fully at the moment though. These upcoming games have me worried. I see that next Saturday is your homecoming. Are there any special events that are going on? I know everything would be geared towards you guys but I just enjoy the pageantry and fanfare that comes along with college football. Next Saturday cannot get here soon enough! Looking forward to being at The Rock!

With the ECU loss today it looks like Marshall will be going to a BCS bowl if they win out. So congrats on that. Of course I am hoping that my Eagles do to Marshall what UAB did to us 3 years ago when they knocked us out of the Sugar Bowl. Marshall has got it going this year and I have been rooting for them every game. Looking for a great one next week. Check out the tailgaiting areas when you are on campus. You will be treated warmly and feed too.

WVU bit the dust today too...as Charlie Brown once said "at least they're happy"...
3dsmile.r191677.gif

It doesn't really matter where your purchased seats are. There will be plenty of empty seats in the stadium to choose from once you get in.

Special Homecoming Events include a "prayer for compassion to the fb gods" so we won't lose a "hunnert to nawfin". from the movie "The best of Times".

My honest advice, buy the cheapest ticket you can find and seat anywhere you like in the stadium. The stadium will be about 1/4 to 1/3 full.

I hate to see your attendance fall to what it has. I've made the trip every time Marshall has come to Hattiesburg. I remember the place seeming packed in 2006. You guys had a chance to win the east that day and Marshall was fighting for bowl eligibility. Damion Fletcher had a field day that day. Marshall's Ahmad Bradshaw broke his thumb near the end of the first half and was done for the day. You guys coasted to a victory that day. In 2008 there was a constant rain for the entire game. Marshall won that day and I'll never know how. I made the trip to Huntington in 2009 to watch the USM game because it fell on November 14 which is the same day as The anniversary of Marshall's plane crash of 1970. 2010 was an absolute thrashing at the hands of the Golden Eagles but I was there for every second of it. 2012 was all Marshall. I used to admire your program and hope that someday Marshall could just compete with you guys in C-USA. I hope we are playing each other for the conference title sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by SportsWatcher247:
I hate to see your attendance fall to what it has. I've made the trip every time Marshall has come to Hattiesburg. I remember the place seeming packed in 2006. You guys had a chance to win the east that day and Marshall was fighting for bowl eligibility. Damion Fletcher had a field day that day. Marshall's Ahmad Bradshaw broke his thumb near the end of the first half and was done for the day. You guys coasted to a victory that day. In 2008 there was a constant rain for the entire game. Marshall won that day and I'll never know how. I made the trip to Huntington in 2009 to watch the USM game because it fell on November 14 which is the same day as The anniversary of Marshall's plane crash of 1970. 2010 was an absolute thrashing at the hands of the Golden Eagles but I was there for every second of it. 2012 was all Marshall. I used to admire your program and hope that someday Marshall could just compete with you guys in C-USA. I hope we are playing each other for the conference title sooner rather than later.
I too have enjoyed some good games between Marshall and USM. We are coming back after our ex-coach E Johnson gave us in essence the death penalty, and doing it the right way. If not for our QB injury we would most likely be bowl bound this year. We are making a huge step up this year and will be doing the same next year. We are down 19 scholarships still from that joke of a coach and it will take another 2 years at best to get back even. Our coach has been doing a fantastic job with the material he has to work with and is turning it around. A much better caliber of recruit is already looking at us this year too. We will be back at the top soon and giving the top teams in the conference fits. Looking forward to some great games when that time comes in a couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT