ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Roberts

That's a point of view held only by those who think Obamacare is a good thing.

Originally posted by SoMiss*:
That's a point of view held only by those who think Obamacare is a good thing.
You must mean the Obama-Romney Health Care plan...Obamney Care as coined by Pawlenty (sp) and Bobby Jindal...Black/Gold
This post was edited on 6/30 10:44 PM by PensacolaEagle

I wonder what Justice Roberts received for switching his vote at the last minute? A new house? A new car? A secret offshore bank account full of cash? Hmmmm.....

And only a moron would be happy about Obamacare being upheld. We'll see how happy you are about it when your premiums double or triple, and you have to wait 6-8 months to see a doctor.

It always amazes me when liberals take the biggest mistakes and errors of the right (when their accusations are true such as the Bush growth of government) and brag on them as they are only doing the same thing. Wow! The right did something stupid and harmful to the country, we'll do it in an even bigger and more costly way.

Pensacola if you want to make the mistake that some on the right have made and gone with a big government plan which is against the principles that they say they are for, I'm with you. That is along as you are willing to hold your Pres to the same standard and admit all of his complete reversals on his promises too. It might be easier just to find those promises that Obama has kept.

Meanwhile, just keep taking the worst of the right and make that the signature of the lefts platform for moving the country forward. lol

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
I wonder what Justice Roberts received for switching his vote at the last minute? A new house? A new car? A secret offshore bank account full of cash? Hmmmm.....

And only a moron would be happy about Obamacare being upheld. We'll see how happy you are about it when your premiums double or triple, and you have to wait 6-8 months to see a doctor.
I don't for one minute think that you believe Chief Justice Roberts was bribed. I do believe you are disappointed in his decision and therefore you make such a statement. I wasn't surprised by the courts decision, but was bye who was the swing vote. A win for the Good Guys fellas....Black/Gold

I absolutely think he was swayed by the Obama Regime one way, or another. It's obvious to anyone that knows anything that the minority opinion was initially written as the majority statement. Roberts changed his vote at the final minute, and the Justices that thought they had won just edited the opinion instead of rewriting it. Whether it was from bribes, threats, or blackmail, we'll never know. All we do know is that he changed his vote after his mind was made up. You'd have to be extremely naive to believe that he did that without influence.

How is it a win for the good guys? I'd love to hear how raising 21 different taxes on the middle class (the largest middle class tax hike in US history) is a good think. If it's such a good thing, why do more than 70% of Americans, and more than 80% of doctors oppose it?

Ironically, you may be correct in your "win for the good guys" assertion. Americans already proved that Obamacare is a boondoggle that they hate back in 2010 when Republicans won elections in landslide fashion. This epic failure by the SCOTUS will prove to be just the trampoline that Republicans need to sweep elections in November. Obama will be ousted. Republicans will grow their majority in the House, and they'll demolish the Democratic majority in the Senate. Yep. A win for the good guys.

I absolutely think he was swayed by the Obama Regime one way, or another. It's obvious to anyone that knows anything that the minority opinion was initially written as the majority statement. Roberts changed his vote at the final minute, and the Justices that thought they had won just edited the opinion instead of rewriting it. Whether it was from bribes, threats, or blackmail, we'll never know. All we do know is that he changed his vote after his mind was made up. You'd have to be extremely naive to believe that he did that without influence.

How is it a win for the good guys? I'd love to hear how raising 21 different taxes on the middle class (the largest middle class tax hike in US history) is a good think. If it's such a good thing, why do more than 70% of Americans, and more than 80% of doctors oppose it?

Ironically, you may be correct in your "win for the good guys" assertion. Americans already proved that Obamacare is a boondoggle that they hate back in 2010 when Republicans won elections in landslide fashion. This epic failure by the SCOTUS will prove to be just the trampoline that Republicans need to sweep elections in November. Obama will be ousted. Republicans will grow their majority in the House, and they'll demolish the Democratic majority in the Senate. Yep. A win for the good guys.
Yeah, Yeah and Ole Miss is gonna win the Sec....lol....Black/Gold

I love how you just come up with silly one-liners instead of debating the facts. Proves to me that you don't know anything about politics, and just blindly follow liberal propaganda without a second thought. Sad. That's how horrible politicians like Obama continue to get elected, and why our country is in such awful shape.

I love how you just come up with silly one-liners instead of debating the facts. Proves to me that you don't know anything about politics, and just blindly follow liberal propaganda without a second thought. Sad. That's how horrible politicians like Obama continue to get elected, and why our country is in such awful shape.
Legendary, you and I disagree often, fine, I enjoy the banter, but I find it difficult to debate the facts with someone who believes that the Chief Justice of the United States was either bribed or blackmailed by the President of the United States. Do you have proof of this, or is this just some wild speculation? I can't prove it didn't happen therefore it must have, I mean really....Black/Gold

It's my personal belief, but I'm not really interested in debating that. I'm more interested in seeing you defend your position that one of the worst pieces of legislation in US history is good for the American people.

Legendary, two things that affect me personally. I can now keep my two minor sons on my insurance until they are 26, or until they are employed and either have insurance offered thru their work, or can afford private insurance. This means alot to me, obviously, and it will mean alot to many, many parents. I have personal experience with pre-existing diseases; I have a brother who is a cancer survivor. I am sure there are alot of people like myself who believe pre-existing's deletion from availabilty is a good thing. I believe in other parts of the reform bill also, these are just the two that are closest to home. Why do you believe these are bad things?...Black/Gold

So now someone can go through life not carrying insurance, and just pay the tax penalty, which may be cheaper than buying your own insurance. Then, when they get diagnosed with cancer that costs a million dollars to treat, they just call up Blue Cross and say give me some damn insurance and pay my bills. How fair is that? How STUPID is that? Who do you think is going to pay for the skyrocketing costs that insurance companies are going to be hit with? Just like always, liberals don't think these things through. They implement all of the fairy tale, feel good programs, but they have no way to pay for them. In the end, they hurt more people than they help.

As for insurance until 26, that's isn't much different than it was. I was on my parents' insurance until I graduated from USM and got a job. Big deal.

What about the mandate for doctors to switch to all electronic record keeping? Now they have to go out and invest $50-100k in the equipment to do this. Again, more expenses with nobody to pay for them except you and me.

Obamacare will raise costs for everyone. Our premiums will skyrocket. Doctors will have to raise their fees to cover expenses. It will decrease the number of physicians because the descrease in profitability will make it not worth going to school for 10 years and graduating $200k in debt. That will result in poorer care, and a more difficult time getting in to see one of the few doctors left. You'll see wait times increase so much that you'll be lucky to get an appointment 8 months out.

And let's not forget the fact that it's going to cost THREE TRILLION DOLLARS in the next 10 years. That's a crap load of money to pile on top of an already exploding deficit.

There may be a few good parts to the law, but overall it is going to be devastating to America.

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention is the scores of jobs that Obamacare will cost. Small businesses will have to cut back employees because of the financial burden. Large companies will likely freeze hiring, or lay off employees to offset the huge financial hit they'll be taking. This is a horrible law to implement in the middle of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

So now someone can go through life not carrying insurance, and just pay the tax penalty, which may be cheaper than buying your own insurance. Then, when they get diagnosed with cancer that costs a million dollars to treat, they just call up Blue Cross and say give me some damn insurance and pay my bills. How fair is that? How STUPID is that? Who do you think is going to pay for the skyrocketing costs that insurance companies are going to be hit with? Just like always, liberals don't think these things through. They implement all of the fairy tale, feel good programs, but they have no way to pay for them. In the end, they hurt more people than they help.

As for insurance until 26, that's isn't much different than it was. I was on my parents' insurance until I graduated from USM and got a job. Big deal.

What about the mandate for doctors to switch to all electronic record keeping? Now they have to go out and invest $50-100k in the equipment to do this. Again, more expenses with nobody to pay for them except you and me.

Obamacare will raise costs for everyone. Our premiums will skyrocket. Doctors will have to raise their fees to cover expenses. It will decrease the number of physicians because the descrease in profitability will make it not worth going to school for 10 years and graduating $200k in debt. That will result in poorer care, and a more difficult time getting in to see one of the few doctors left. You'll see wait times increase so much that you'll be lucky to get an appointment 8 months out.

And let's not forget the fact that it's going to cost THREE TRILLION DOLLARS in the next 10 years. That's a crap load of money to pile on top of an already exploding deficit.

There may be a few good parts to the law, but overall it is going to be devastating to America.
When you get a chance, do a litle digging on electronic record keeping. I am sure you will find it is an idea that has been around for well over 10 years. It will mean Dr's will not have to do unnecessary testing, with proper info they can treat diseases and emergency situations more accurately and therefore with less cost. Their costs are no different than updating to newer/improved/more modern medical equipment, and probably a tax write off...Keep trying dude!...Black/Gold

My wife has worked in the healthcare industry for 10+ years. You can't tell me anything about healthcare or Obamacare that I don't already know. Sure, it's a great idea, and many doctors are using it. However, you don't mandate something that's going to force a small time practice to make a $50k investment, and put them out of buisiness in the process. Once again, liberals have nice ideas in theory, but their implementation of them is horrible. That's like trying to cure homelessness by mandating that everyone purchase a house. It's just not feasible to implement all of these liberal hippy "feel good" policies.

And I love how you ignore the rest of my points. What about the millions of jobs it will cost? What about the additions to the deficit? Who is going to pay for all of these government handouts?

Debating you is like debating an ADD toddler. I'm having trouble figuring out if you are just unable to debate the facts because you don't understand what you're talking about, or if you've just been so brainwashed by the liberal media that you simply can't comprehend the fact that your understanding of politics is severely flawed.

Yes, Legendary, it is a great idea. It will save lives and reduce costs. I am glad you finally saw the light. My 31 years in the medical profession tells me that the loss of MD's will be neglible and will be outweighted (sp) by the benefits. I don't know about the millions of jobs that are going to be lost, I haven't seen that happen yet, and I am confident they won't. I am sure that the bill will have to be amended and adjusted, so be it. Who's gonna pay for it? You are, and I am, and most tax payers are going to pay for it, my tax money is going to be used to benefit people, I can live with that...Black/Gold

Keep living in your dream world. I know many doctors that are pissed. I've heard from multiple small business owners that are going to have to lay off employees, and cut the rest to part time status to avoid the crippling costs of Obamacare. I know from talking to people that are from European countries that their socialize medical programs are epic failures, and that's even with their citizens paying 50% of their income in taxes to fund it. Are you willing to pay 50% of your salary to fund a program that is still destined to fail?

But you keep living the liberal fantasy where everything is unicorns and lollipops. Don't live in the real world like the rest of us that know that the liberal government run programs like medicare, welfare, Fannie Mae, the post office, cash for clunkers, and social security are all HUGE FAILURES. If Obamacare is a success, it will be the first time in US history that a liberal government run program has succeeded.

Keep living in your dream world. I know many doctors that are pissed. I've heard from multiple small business owners that are going to have to lay off employees, and cut the rest to part time status to avoid the crippling costs of Obamacare. I know from talking to people that are from European countries that their socialize medical programs are epic failures, and that's even with their citizens paying 50% of their income in taxes to fund it. Are you willing to pay 50% of your salary to fund a program that is still destined to fail?

But you keep living the liberal fantasy where everything is unicorns and lollipops. Don't live in the real world like the rest of us that know that the liberal government run programs like medicare, welfare, Fannie Mae, the post office, cash for clunkers, and social security are all HUGE FAILURES. If Obamacare is a success, it will be the first time in US history that a liberal government run program has succeeded.
Legendary, what are those pissed off MD's gonna do? Are they gonna take a job outside of their chosen profession? Whataburger maybe? Don't think so, and I find it difficult to believe that medicare is a failure. I work with many elderly patient's who would be lost without it, I have seen social security used to help minor children who have lost parents, so that has been beneficial also...I will give you Fannie Mae...the post office is a congressional boondoggle, cash for clunkers I don't claim to know if it was wise or not. Oh, bye the way, haven't seen any unicorns since my LSD days, many, many moons ago....Black/Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:

Legendary, what are those pissed off MD's gonna do? Are they gonna take a job outside of their chosen profession? Whataburger maybe? Don't think so, and I find it difficult to believe that medicare is a failure. I work with many elderly patient's who would be lost without it, I have seen social security used to help minor children who have lost parents, so that has been beneficial also...I will give you Fannie Mae...the post office is a congressional boondoggle, cash for clunkers I don't claim to know if it was wise or not. Oh, bye the way, haven't seen any unicorns since my LSD days, many, many moons ago....Black/Gold
They're gonna vote for Romney.

Besides that, they'll lay off employees, charge patients even more money, and ultimately provide worse service. You'll be waiting 6-8 months, and you'll probably have to buy supplemental insurance to achieve the same level of care that you get with your primary insurer now. You people can't seem to grasp the fact that there are repercussions to your idiotic mandates that you greedily force upon others.

Medicare is broke. Social security is broke. Both are running up our deficit, and have sent America beyond bankruptcy. The costs of those boondoggles will cause our children, and their children, to suffer. If you seriously think that those programs are a success, then that says all I need to know about your political intelligence level. Of course, if you had any real world knowledge of politics, you wouldn't be a democrat. Unicorns and rainbows. Enjoy your fairy tale. It must be nice not having to live in the real world mess that liberalism has created.

I can always count on you to resort to silly nonsense when you realize that the facts are not on your side.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT