ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comments from the Sunbelt board...

HistoryEagle

Key Reserve
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Soso, MS
Realignment - The AAC's Last Stand...

Lets be clear about something. Mike Arresco had no idea whatsoever that the MWC was going to turn him down, and he does not have a backup plan worth any salt.

His plan, to the best of my understanding, was to take CSU/Air Force (I don't believe he seriously considered Boise would accept) than make a play for Army. He's got a ton of egg on his face now and has a major problem: The AAC was never extremely enamored with any school in the SBC or CUSA. Now they have no option but to raid those leagues

But then it gets tricky, several schools in both leagues have given a firm not interested. There are a few still interested, including one Sun Belt school (GA State???), but the question is, is the AAC interested in them?

SBC is prepared to lose up to 2 teams this cycle. Neither are located in the Carolina's. We still might lose zero. I also am no longer expecting quick movements on our end, UNLESS, USM decides they don't want to wait and asks to get an early invite. SBC might do that. This Troy/AState/ULL/USA/USM pact appears to be very strong, and might be very difficult to break. They all seem to be on the same page.

Reactions: comiceagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News