ADVERTISEMENT

If Mullins keeps winning,

Originally posted by Bubba Ray Eagle:
how long will he be at State?

As long as he want. Its the SEC they will be able to come up with as much money as he wants "IF" he is winning and keep beating teams they are not suppose to.

Probably next in line for the Florida job after Urban hangs it up. This losing streak can't be good for Meyer's health after he suffered from an apparent heart attack after last years SEC Championship game.

I hope he leaves tomorrow. He's killing us in recruiting. Brassell just announced that he is going to State. That's what a win over a "Name" and "Ranked" team will do for you. They are also in the TOP 25.

Had Camzilla picked them instead of Auburn, they would be undefeated. My guess is he stays long enough for everyone to know what his name is and then he goes to Georgia or Florida

If Richt gets canned this year, he is gone to Georgia at the end of this year. I understand that his wife is not too thrilled with life in Starkvegas.

Originally posted by PaulDel:
If Richt gets canned this year, he is gone to Georgia at the end of this year. I understand that his wife is not too thrilled with life in Starkvegas.

Can u blame her? lol

It doesn't matter if they're overrated, which they are, because they are reeling in the 4 star recruits regardless. It is what it is! Whatever they're selling these high profile players, they're buying. We need to keep on winning and hopefully we can convince some of these type players to cast their lot with us. We have lost the in state battle again, and I don't want to hear about the players in Mississippi can't make the grade. Brassell was a terrific prospect and he's headed to Starkville. I hope the players we're getting from out of state are as good because when we play them it will show up big time.

Originally posted by MP Eagle:

That doesnt apply at state and om. Along with vandy they make up the smallest fan bases and budgets in that league.
As Ben W once said, they are up to their asses in competition and up to their ankles in money and facilities.

As long as he want. Its the SEC they will be able to come up with as much money as he wants "IF" he is winning and keep beating teams they are not suppose to.

We had a chance to show what we could do and we choked, or just weren't good enough possibly. Maybe when we win a game(like Fedora probably promised a bunch of the kids on the team when he recruited them) that is looked at as "high profile", then we'll turn recruits heads.

Have a friend that is well connected to MS. State. He says they have the pledges to push Mullins salary way up to keep him. Of course, he realizes that State can not compete with Fla. or Ga. if they really want him. Have been to two state games and all of our home games. Be assured that I am very glad not to play them this year. They are a top 25 team. imo

I hate state, but I don't think they are overrated.

22-25 seems about right to me. Got to give credit were credit is due. Mullen is doing a good job. Manny Diaz is looking like a good hire too.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

They are overrated because they are one diminsional on offense. They can't throw, and when they play a good defense, they can't adjust to 8 in the box. That's what Auburn did to them, that's what LSU did to them and that is what Alabama will do to them. I say Arkansas kills them in the air to, for a 4 loss season, maybe more is OM needs to win for a bowl spot.

Why are we talking about this....do y'all think they are talking about Fedora's future on the Moo State board?

Come on.

Originally posted by Shifty_Eagle:
Why are we talking about this....do y'all think they are talking about Fedora's future on the Moo State board?

Come on.

No they aren't. And its because Fedora hasn't done anything special here except talk alot. Mullins took a program that was completely in the crapper and made it a ranked team in 2 seasons. We aren't the only board talking about this either.

Come on.

Mullen has actually accomplished something worth talking about.

Originally posted by PaulDel:
They are overrated because they are one diminsional on offense. They can't throw, and when they play a good defense, they can't adjust to 8 in the box. That's what Auburn did to them, that's what LSU did to them and that is what Alabama will do to them. I say Arkansas kills them in the air to, for a 4 loss season, maybe more is OM needs to win for a bowl spot.

Has the Miss State receivers caught the ball at the end, they would have beaten Auburn

Mississippi State has what we never have had and never will have: lots of wealthy alumni, a world-class curriculum (engineering/veterinary/agricultural science), a town, county, and region that fully supports the school, and membership in the nation's best athletic conference in the SEC.

They have turned the corner with Dan Mullen and are about to erase a lot memories of sucking hind tit.

At the rate we're going, we'll be fortunate to remain a decent mid-major in CUSA. The truth hurts, don't it?
Cb

Originally posted by Clawedballs:
Mississippi State has what we never have had and never will have: lots of wealthy alumni, a world-class curriculum (engineering/veterinary/agricultural science), a town, county, and region that fully supports the school, and membership in the nation's best athletic conference in the SEC.

They have turned the corner with Dan Mullen and are about to erase a lot memories of sucking hind tit.

At the rate we're going, we'll be fortunate to remain a decent mid-major in CUSA. The truth hurts, don't it?
Cb
They turned a corner with jackie, with croom for a year and now this one.
When i read the above statement all i can think of is Chritmas turkey.

Mullen will be gone within two years and even if he is not, State has never been anything but a bottom dweller and always will be. They had their small moments of fame and success with Tyler, with Bellard, and with Croom, but it was all fleeting and so will this run.

Originally posted by ElectroEagle:

Come on.

No they aren't. And its because Fedora hasn't done anything special here except talk alot. Mullins took a program that was completely in the crapper and made it a ranked team in 2 seasons. We aren't the only board talking about this either.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by Coastal Eagle:
Mullen will be gone within two years and even if he is not, State has never been anything but a bottom dweller and always will be. They had their small moments of fame and success with Tyler, with Bellard, and with Croom, but it was all fleeting and so will this run.
X2

Well, Florida and Georgia immediately come to mind. They also dismantled both C-USA opponents. Overrated, maybe. But they also played Auburn and LSU respectably.

HB, if USM had closed the deal against ECU, then we would deserve to be in the discussion. At this point, we shouldn't worry about what MSU has done. If USM wins out, we may not even get a chance to face a team like MSU in the Liberty.

Come on.

Because anyone who knows anything about football in history, knows that what happens in Starkville and Oxford directly effects what happens in Hattiesburg. If either of them wins nine or ten games they will go to a money-paying bowl and will pick up a number of recruits that we have a shot at. I hate to say it, but if we had beat ECU (and should have) then gone 11-1, they would be talking about USM and we would sign some of the players they want. So that is why we are talking about it, and that is why we should talk about it, and that is why we will talk about it. My question is how can someone follow football in Mississippi and not understand the direct coorelation between the two.

There is no way in Hell that State wins nine games this year. I think they lose three out of their last five, I would put BAMA and Arkansas in the loss category for sure and they have to travel to Kentucky which is more than capable of beating them at home. Hell I would not be totally shocked if they don't get the big head and lose to UAB this next week, stranger things have happened.

Which Northern team is going to win 9 games this year? Mississippi Black Bears are going to be lucky to win 6 and I can't see The Cow Pattys winning more than 7.

HB, I usually agree with you but not on this one. State should be ranked and they are ranked. If we had beat ECU we would not be ranked but getting significant votes. We could not beat State this year.

OEW

I think State became ranked based on beating the what is the mystique of Florida, because the Florida team they beat is nothing like the ones that they have fielded over the last decade or two. Florida has major issues this year and may well lose another couple of games before the year is out. Outside of that, beating a crippled Houston team, a horrific Memphis team, Alcorn State, and a Georgia team that might be having their worst season since peanuts started growing in their state is not saying all that much in my eyes. Actually it looks pretty similar to our record as far as wins go.

My point was not that State or Ole Miss is going to win nine games this year, my point is whatever happens up there effects what happens down here, and I don't understand why people question why it is on the board. There are all kind of questions about pro teams, what is happening at Petal and Oak Grove, where to buy computer, etc. and that has precious little do with USM. My hope is that State or Ole Miss somehow lands in the Liberty Bowl against our Eagles and then some of you will see and experience the passion and energy those kind of games create. I know they can opt out, but don't think they will.

When is losing to LSU 29-7 respectable? LSU should have won by 40 points, but they have NO QB and had to settle for FG's!

They have beat 1-5 Memphis team,beat a terrible 3-4 Georgia team, Alcorn State who played them tough for the 1st half, a Houston team down 2 starting QB's and have lost 3 of their last 4 games, and a Florida team who has lost 3 in a row...

Being in the SEC gets you a pass...NO way at this point are they top 25 worthy!

But at the same time...2 weeks in a row the #1 ranked team loses and both weeks Boise gets leaped frogged for the # 1 spot! Bullcrap!

Don't be surprised if UAB beats State this weekend!

Oh I understand the excitement around those games as I experienced them from the early 70s until both schools found excuses to no longer get beat. And as much as I wanted to buy into the line of reasoning that we didn't need those games, I never could because our consistency in winning those games greatly effected our recruiting for the better. I would love to see us face State in the Liberty Bowl, provided we can get healthy and stay that way. I would not fear them in the least and think going in healthy it is a game we should win.

Originally posted by MP Eagle:

BCS or not, SEC or not, Mullens gets hired away if he continues to build the State program. They can compete with no one in the SEC, not even Vandy if they want Mullens. They can compete with about 25% of the BCS if they want him.

Like him or not, he has done, and will continue to do great things at MSU.

Originally posted by hbriteup:

Don't be surprised if UAB beats State this weekend!

surprised would be the understatement of the decade
you are a good poster HB, but that statement is waaaaaaaaaaay out there
The MOOboys will smoke UAB and move into the top 20
If UAB scores a single point, that will surprise me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT