ADVERTISEMENT

I am done

J-Eagle

All American
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2012
I am done with sports, football especially. This BLM crap and now the stupid NCAA's ruling on the state flag is my tipping point. I just don't care anymore. No more money from me at any level, at any venue, for any sport. My subscription to BGN expires in a few months anyway. I've enjoyed my time here at this site and wish you all the best. Adios guys, it's been a great ride.

J-Eagle, I think this is the wrong time to leave. Basketball is going to be very interesting in the next two years for sure. If the commander in chief ( Fauci) will let us have football this fall, I think we will be a little better. Assuming we can better the running game. I don't know anything about baseball but assume it will be competitive.

The BLM is going to fade away (like the black panthers did) once there is no longer a ligament beef. It should end soon because they will get everything they want. I take that back they already have everything.

Reactions: Kev8551
It's all dead to me, Jocko. Everything has sunk too far with this PC crap. Our football program and CUSA is moribund. Fwiw, I could see going to a few baseball games and pulling for that crew.

But thanks anyway. You're a good man.

Reactions: Homestead eagle 75
It's all dead to me, Jocko. Everything has sunk too far with this PC crap. Our football program and CUSA is moribund. Fwiw, I could see going to a few baseball games and pulling for that crew.

But thanks anyway. You're a good man.
You are too and one of only a few that are willing to "Tell it like it is". I have followed your post for a long time and have liked them. I will try to keep up your tradition but I sure wish you would stay on board because you are the best. I agree that CUSA is dead and has no leader but as long as there is just an ember of hope for our FB program, I will hang on by a tread. Wishing you would stay but I do understand how you feel. Especially about PC garbage.

stop.gif

That's what they want. To silence the good people. Once they silence all of the good people, they have won. I will be damned if they silence me. I hope you will reconsider.

That's what they want. To silence the good people. Once they silence all of the good people, they have won. I will be damned if they silence me. I hope you will reconsider.

Not sure who you mean by "they". Also, who determines who merits your view of who would be "good" people. We all, at the present time, have options to support or not support something. Personally for me if the NFL decides that the flag should not be showed respect then I'll move on to other entertainment options. If cities don't want to have fairness to all citizens then I can (and have) move(d). We still live in the USA and have a choice in how we make decisions with our actions and money. Many of us will differ and that is ok. Personally I don't have an issue with changing the state flag but have friends who stopped going to USM sporting events when the state flag was removed from campus. I understand the heritage argument but shouldn't everyone have a right to how their heritage looks? Most of Mississippis is black so does the state flag represent their heritage in a positive light? The Bible tells us about what to do should we have actions which cause our brother to stumble. Is the state flag so important that we should be steadfast even when folks are hurt in the process? And when I say hurt it can be the financial losses for USM with teams unwilling to come to our place, tournaments banned by conferences, and students from out of state not coming to USM. Now back to your use of the word good. I do think that we live in a time of good versus evil but maybe not in the human way you may think. I believe this is a spiritual warfare between good and evil. This battle is not fought with our human means but it is a spiritual war which is fought using the whole armor of God. If ever there was a time our country needed a Spiritual revival it is now.

Not sure who you mean by "they". Also, who determines who merits your view of who would be "good" people. We all, at the present time, have options to support or not support something. Personally for me if the NFL decides that the flag should not be showed respect then I'll move on to other entertainment options. If cities don't want to have fairness to all citizens then I can (and have) move(d). We still live in the USA and have a choice in how we make decisions with our actions and money. Many of us will differ and that is ok. Personally I don't have an issue with changing the state flag but have friends who stopped going to USM sporting events when the state flag was removed from campus. I understand the heritage argument but shouldn't everyone have a right to how their heritage looks? Most of Mississippis is black so does the state flag represent their heritage in a positive light? The Bible tells us about what to do should we have actions which cause our brother to stumble. Is the state flag so important that we should be steadfast even when folks are hurt in the process? And when I say hurt it can be the financial losses for USM with teams unwilling to come to our place, tournaments banned by conferences, and students from out of state not coming to USM. Now back to your use of the word good. I do think that we live in a time of good versus evil but maybe not in the human way you may think. I believe this is a spiritual warfare between good and evil. This battle is not fought with our human means but it is a spiritual war which is fought using the whole armor of God. If ever there was a time our country needed a Spiritual revival it is now.
I think that by good people he means , people that work , pay for what they have, try to teach their children best way they can and treats other with respect.
do you have a different definition of "good people"

Reactions: jocko5478
Sad that political issues will ruin the support, but since I'm on the side of the NCAA's, I guess that makes it easier to swallow.

I think that by good people he means , people that work , pay for what they have, try to teach their children best way they can and treats other with respect.
do you have a different definition of "good people"

I don't work so I guess I'm not good. My definition taken from Scripture would be a person that is just, loves others and walks humbly with the Lord.

The reason for the question is that you and others have definitions about who is "good". But for the woman on govt. assistance, has children that are in jail, but loves others with kindness and walks humbly with the Lord. Would she not be a good person but fail your criteria? I think that the reason we have this divide is that folks don't allow themselves to see others as people without affixing labels. We see this with police...a segment of our society sees offices as bad, while another segments sees them as good. But the truth is that there is some bad officers but the majority are good officers. But when we label a segment of our society one way or the other without understanding them as individuals then we will continue to see strife. While as a white, southern Mississippian I am proud of my heritage and know that some of my ancestors fought on the side of the confederacy. But I understand that a black person in Mississippi may have different experiences that cause them to distrust the confederate battle flag. So is my position a stronger position or am I just using my political power to force something on other Mississippians? Until we can acknowledge both sides of the discussion and have empathy we will continue with this division. I think that the time has come for "good" people to do what is right by their fellow citizens and redesign the flag so that all Mississippians can be proud of the flag. Otherwise we are saying that our position is more important....and if it is, then I'd like to know why.

I don't work so I guess I'm not good. My definition taken from Scripture would be a person that is just, loves others and walks humbly with the Lord.

The reason for the question is that you and others have definitions about who is "good". But for the woman on govt. assistance, has children that are in jail, but loves others with kindness and walks humbly with the Lord. Would she not be a good person but fail your criteria? I think that the reason we have this divide is that folks don't allow themselves to see others as people without affixing labels. We see this with police...a segment of our society sees offices as bad, while another segments sees them as good. But the truth is that there is some bad officers but the majority are good officers. But when we label a segment of our society one way or the other without understanding them as individuals then we will continue to see strife. While as a white, southern Mississippian I am proud of my heritage and know that some of my ancestors fought on the side of the confederacy. But I understand that a black person in Mississippi may have different experiences that cause them to distrust the confederate battle flag. So is my position a stronger position or am I just using my political power to force something on other Mississippians? Until we can acknowledge both sides of the discussion and have empathy we will continue with this division. I think that the time has come for "good" people to do what is right by their fellow citizens and redesign the flag so that all Mississippians can be proud of the flag. Otherwise we are saying that our position is more important....and if it is, then I'd like to know why.

Thank you for sharing this. Not sure it can be stated any better.

Thank you for sharing this. Not sure it can be stated any better.
I dont work either but still a good person

I'm retired so dont work, still a good person, even though I dont have any kids in jail
very simply put , what is happening in this country is the single largest case of extortion ever seen

Mr. Gorbachov, tear down that flag, and while you are at it, some statues too. Most Mississippians are caucasian, not black so I say go by the majority as far as what flag they desire. If the NCAA in all their wisdom can dictate what flag a State can fly, fight it in court. How stupid are some people? Why burn the American Flag? Why tear down statues of abolitionists? As far as Holy Scripture is concerned, render unto Caesar.

Reactions: J-Eagle
Mr. Gorbachov, tear down that flag, and while you are at it, some statues too. Most Mississippians are caucasian, not black so I say go by the majority as far as what flag they desire. If the NCAA in all their wisdom can dictate what flag a State can fly, fight it in court. How stupid are some people? Why burn the American Flag? Why tear down statues of abolitionists? As far as Holy Scripture is concerned, render unto Caesar.

And that is why racism exists....folks in the majority using their power without regards for those without power. As for render unto Caesar, that was a case of the Jews being overtaken by the Romans. It was a trick question the Jewish religious folks asked trying to pit Christ agains the government. This is going to be more of the cutting one's nose off to spite the face. Maintaining the flag will only continue to cost the state of Mississippi, the universities and the citizens. What makes that confederate portion of the flag so important? Just how stupid does a state have to be to ignore a large population of citizens and at the same time cost the state millions of dollars. More to lose than to gain except that pride is the only reason for not moving forward on a new flag design. And we know that pride goeth before the fall. Nobody has yet to articulate a sound reason for not changing the flag.

And that is why racism exists....folks in the majority using their power without regards for those without power. As for render unto Caesar, that was a case of the Jews being overtaken by the Romans. It was a trick question the Jewish religious folks asked trying to pit Christ agains the government. This is going to be more of the cutting one's nose off to spite the face. Maintaining the flag will only continue to cost the state of Mississippi, the universities and the citizens. What makes that confederate portion of the flag so important? Just how stupid does a state have to be to ignore a large population of citizens and at the same time cost the state millions of dollars. More to lose than to gain except that pride is the only reason for not moving forward on a new flag design. And we know that pride goeth before the fall. Nobody has yet to articulate a sound reason for not changing the flag.
Funny that you would mention the power of the majority, since that is what the left in this country wants by eliminatig the Electoral College
Just let california decide for, say the people in Idaho
Funny that you would mention the power of the majority, since that is what the left in this country wants by eliminatig the Electoral College
Just let california decide for, say the people in Idaho

First of all, blacks are not the majority in Mississippi. Second change the flag if the people want it, but remember one thing, it doesn't stop with the statues, or the flag, it is always something else, they want it all and are using sports as a stepping ground. This country is being torn apart and most people are too dumb to see it until it will be too late. If we burn cars, burn down Wendy's or Targets and loot and shoot at police we would be either shot back at and arrested. If we tried to take over a police station do you think we would be allowed to do that? This my friends is what you call a ,Double Standard, and they have the advantage, believe it or not.

Reactions: Eagle 70
First of all, blacks are not the majority in Mississippi. Second change the flag if the people want it, but remember one thing, it doesn't stop with the statues, or the flag, it is always something else, they want it all and are using sports as a stepping ground. This country is being torn apart and most people are too dumb to see it until it will be too late. If we burn cars, burn down Wendy's or Targets and loot and shoot at police we would be either shot back at and arrested. If we tried to take over a police station do you think we would be allowed to do that? This my friends is what you call a ,Double Standard, and they have the advantage, believe it or not.
Well said.

Yes, you are 100% correct. Read this for more insight:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/06...-your-property-mind-and-soul-defend-yourself/

Reactions: billham44
The Pharisees and Herodians wanted to trick Jesus into saying something negative about the Roman government in order to make him stumble in front of his own people. The Mississippi State Flag represents the Government and its people. Racism has been around ever since more than one race existed and it will always be around. It is the work of the evil one. The flag itself can not be racist. It is up to the individual to decide whether to follow their conscious as to good and evil. Hopefully, they will choose not to be racist. There are a lot of things that offend me but I do not burn churches and beat up defenseless cars in a disgusting manner just to have a field day nor do I throw bricks at windows that are provided by one sick individual. I do have pride in my state and country, at our football games, I stand and put my hand over my heart out of respect. I do not take a knee in order to draw attention to myself in a pretense that it a gesture for racial injustice that has not existed since the 60s.

Reactions: DirtySouth86
How in the world did you make the jump to California from a flag discussion in Mississippi?
wer4usm has a problem with the majority deciding for others. the founding fathers saw this and created the electorate college, so that small states have representation. Thats where california and idaho come in
it is not so hard to understand

So what you saying is we just change the flag all of this will go away? It's not just the flag. It's statues, memorials, art, buildings, the Constitution, changing American History, doing away with our Borders, one side painting the other as 100% racists, doing away with police, rioting and burning and calling them peaceful protesters, all white people are bad, and so forth.

So what you saying is we just change the flag all of this will go away? It's not just the flag. It's statues, memorials, art, buildings, the Constitution, changing American History, doing away with our Borders, one side painting the other as 100% racists, doing away with police, rioting and burning and calling them peaceful protesters, all white people are bad, and so forth.
I say we get a new flag with a mockingbird or magnolia blossom on it. State bird or state flower

wer4usm has a problem with the majority deciding for others. the founding fathers saw this and created the electorate college, so that small states have representation. Thats where california and idaho come in
it is not so hard to understand

First of all I am a big proponent of the Electoral College which keeps large population areas such as New York, Houston, Chicago, and California from making decisions for states with lesser population. My point was regarding the flag and if it's a sword worth dying over. It is racist when one only considers "their race" over another especially when one race how the power over another. The debate about the flag is that a large portion of the state is black and resents the confederate flag symbol. I'm from Jones county and old enough to have known the actions of Byrd and Nix. The killing of blacks at the hands of Jones County citizens. The KKK was only a small minority but they created a distrust and a bad history for whites which were not involved. But whites folks did not want to speak up either as they also had fear of the KKK. Everyone in town knew what Nix and Byrd were doing but no one spoke up. I went to church with Nix's wife and children. I knew a police officer in my neighborhood who was involved with the klan. I was only a kid but knew something wasn't right. But my folks like many didn't want to be involved. Now if you were black and knew the same things as the white folks wouldn't you assume that all whites must be ok with it? If we don't start showing folks that we care about their feelings then we will continue down this path. Changing the flag is a small part of acknowledging that we understand others. Kicking Tee is right, the flag will change. It is better that we stand on the right side of history than fight a lost cause. The flag is inconsequential to the real path that the world order is moving. it is only a distraction and keeps the people from noticing the end game.

This goes much farther than changing the flag, which we all know will happen.
This is about destroying the culture of the country
This is about the indoctrination of our youth. If you think Im going to far just look at the books the students are given to read as assignments
Where you are losing your compass is in thinking this is a BLACK AND WHITE issue. IT IS NOT . NOT ANYMORE
It is about turning this country into a marxist/socialist goverment.
Think it wont happen here? I hope you are right
It doesnt happen in one swoop. starts with flags, monuments, paintings, street names and later school curriculums
Hope to God Im wrong for all of our grandkids sake

This is about the indoctrination of our youth. If you think Im going to far just look at the books the students are given to read as assignments
Where you are losing your compass is in thinking this is a BLACK AND WHITE issue. IT IS NOT . NOT ANYMORE
It doesnt happen in one swoop. starts with flags, monuments, paintings, street names and later school curriculums

I'm sure the folks in Germany never thought that Hitler would do what he did. There are folks who are so evil most of us can't imagine what some are capable of doing. Soros wants to destroy our country. And he has two former presidents that will aid in that cause. I've said before this is a war of good versus evil. We need not fight the battles that have nothing to gain (state flag). We need to concentrate on the battle for our freedom and the freedom of our children.

You are right that is true. The first step is to make the white people feel humble. We see it in girls kissing black folk's feet. This stuff is straight from Georgie Sorus. Yes, go ahead and change the flag just remove the Confederate flag and place an image of Mickey Mouse on it

Reactions: J-Eagle
Who Jack Biden or his VP? You simply must be kidding? You think Socialism will be better for this country? Because there is no doubt where the liberal bunch is! If you want socialism for this country,you are supporting the right party.

Reactions: J-Eagle and wer4usm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT