ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Reid

PensacolaEagle

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Ole Harry has really stirred the pot! He is normally such a quiet and reserved guy. Don't know what I think of what he did yet, not sure if it is all political bluster, or if he did recieve the phone call. I know if he were a journalist, he should be flogged for not naming a source. Any thoughts? How about you Legendary, know you keyboard is probably burning up now.....Black/Gold

When has Harry ever been quiet and reserved? He, along with Pelosi, are loudmouthed idiots that most people despise. Do you not remember the Tea Party using the hatred of Pelosi and Reid to sweep elections in landslide fashion in 2010?

I think it's great. The more entrenched Harry Reid gets into the Obama campaign, the more likely Romney will win in November. The stupid libtards that are crying about Romney's irrelevant tax returns are dumber than the birthers that wanted to see Obama's birth certificate. The birther movement shined a negative light on Conservatives, and this tax return movement will do the same to the libtards. The only people that really care about Romney's taxes are the Obama minions that would never vote for Romney anyway.

All of this is just a liberal sideshow to distract people away from the real issues of our horrible economy, our stagnant growth, King Obama's failed campaign promises, and the Obamacare fiasco that 80% of Americans oppose. Obama literally has no positive achievements to run on, and that's why all you see from his is negative attacks.

This post was edited on 8/7 5:26 PM by Legendary Eagle

As silly as what Reid said sounds, things like this may be Obama's best strategy. I mean they have to do every thing they can to deflect away from the real issues like the economy and Obama 's record. I mean what can Obama run on? Can he get up and say "I ran up the biggest deficit in history. My main legislative accomplishment most of the American people are against and it cost way, way more than I said it would. And to top it off the unemployment rate has been so high for so long I can't remember it being any other way. I've insulted all our allies, and kissed the asses of every enemy on the planet. But all that doesn't matter because I got that Al Qaeda guy, what's his name." That would really work, wouldn't it?

You don't find anything wrong with Romney not paying any taxes for 10 years? If the phone call was legit, and what Harry said true, Romney will fight like hell to keep it from being known. He, Romney, would loose alot of votes, not the die hard Conservative Right, but the middle of the road voters would shun him. Romney isn't going to release anything, he won't follow his Dad's example. I believe he released the tax forms to John McCain when he was being vetted for VP in 2008, if memory serves it was for more than 10 years. McCain has been silent. He could clear the air about Romney's taxes, it leads me to believe that Romney paid no taxes like the assertion that was made by Harry Reid.

I feel certain Romney broke no laws, and whether he did or did not, I will not vote for him. Legendary and Nue, you guys are not the target for why the issue remains unresolved, it's the undecided voters, and those who would begrudgedly vote for Romney. I don't believe Reid is lying. I believe he got the phone call, whether the person he spoke with lied, I don't know. If Reid told a bold face lie while standing in his position on the Senate floor, then I believe he should be censured. ..Black/Gold

Obviously, Harry Reid is lying, or he would provide some proof to back up his ludicrous accusations. Romney has shown his last 2 tax returns, and there are no issues. I sincerely doubt that the 10 years before that were much different.

Maybe he didn't have to write a check to the IRS at the end of the year. I rarely do myself. But to call that "paying no taxes" is absurd. I have still paid in tens of thousands of dollars to the IRS. And if Romney was doing something illegal for 10 years running, he'd be in jail by now.

The Democrats are using this in the same way you are. To distract from the real issues that are important to America. Obama's birth certificate is irrelevant. How much Romney paid in taxes is irrelevant. Let's stop worrying about ridiculous non-issues, and focus on the real issues that have plagued America over the last 4 years. You and your Democrat friends don't want to talk about those issues, because only a fool would vote for Obama if they really knew and accepted the truth.

Legendary, by your own arguement, Romney says he has paid taxes, but he releases nothing, other than 2010 and soon 2011, he just says he did and we are therefore to believe him. Reid said he had the conversation, why would you treat him any different than Romney? Surely you know that taxes are not the issue, at least not for me, the issue is how does government work for the betterment of the people they serve. I believe government has a responsibility to support and help business, and as much as is possible, stay out of the way. I believe it should protect the welfare of it's citizens thru healthcare, a clean enviroment, education, national defense and liberty in our personal lives, which would include a woman's right to choose. I believe taxes are a necessary evil, and should be used to support the structures that make up a civilized nation, I believe all should do their part. I don't believe the country is well served by those who are able to legally escape thier civic duty thru tax policies that are biased towards the wealthy. I am not against wealth, not jealous of those that have vast fortunes, but I do believe that quite alot of resources are sheltered over seas. I would like to know if my next President is doing his part or if he is taking advantage of tax codes that unfortunately are slanted towards the wealthy...Black/Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:

Legendary, by your own arguement, Romney says he has paid taxes, but he releases nothing, other than 2010 and soon 2011, he just says he did and we are therefore to believe him. Reid said he had the conversation, why would you treat him any different than Romney?
Because Romney isn't the one attacking someone without basis.

The top 10% of earners pay more than 70% of the taxes in America. I realize that the liberal media, and your beloved party spokespeople have you convinced that the wealthy are the root of all evil. They have tricked you with their propaganda that has created this ignorant class warfare garbage. Again, just more tactics by the liberals to keep the focus off of the left's MISERABLE record. And all of this is being spoon fed to you by a bunch of wealthy, elitists liberals that live in mansions and fail to pay their taxes.

You can play games with this garbage all you want. If you want to debate irrelevant nonsense, then I'll go ahead and start a threat about how Obama was really born in Kenya, and is a Muslim. I mean, if you want to talk about stupid crap, let's go all out. If you want to debate real issues, then let me know.

Oh, and I bet you voted for John Kerry didn't you? Guess you think it's okay to vote for a tax evader as long as they're a libtard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38378992/ns/politics/t

Legendary, taxes are real issues, and I don't like it if it is Liberal or Conservative elitists that are not paying. It's getting late for me, to be continued...Black/Gold

Taxes aren't real issues unless we're talking about hiking tax rates, like Obama wants to do, that will affect everybody. I'm done talking about the non-issue of Romney's tax returns. If you want to talk about things that matter, choose from the list below...

1) Obama causing the worst unemployment record for a POTUS since the Great Depression

2) The record deficit level that Obama has created

3) Obama the first president EVER to cause a cut to the US credit rating

4) Obama the first pres to violate the war powers act

5) First pres to ever orchestrate the sale of assault weapons to drug cartels

6) Obama's annihilation of bi-partisan welfare reform

7) Obama first president to intentionally disable credit card security measures in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures.

8) Obama's record poverty levels

9) Obama's record number of people on food stamps

10) Obama's record number of people losing their homes.

11) Obama first President to sign a law requiring all citizens to purchase a product from a third party.

12) Obama's terrible $1T stimulus that spent over $300k for each "shovel ready job" that it created.

13) Obama first pres to ever state that his goal was to force high fuel prices on Americans.

14) Obama first pres to send $200M to a terrorist organization (Hamas).

15) Obama's dangerous national security leaks from the WH to try to make him look good.

There are a million more, but that's a good start.

So Pensacola you just assume that Romney didn't pay his taxes just because Reid said so. Romney said he did, Reid said he didn't. Based on both of their past histories I would place my bets on Romney telling the truth This one doesn't even pass the smell test. It also fits with the Chicago style of politics that Obama has practiced in the past - destroying his opponents with wild accusations before elections. He has done it every election he has been in. It doesn't matter if they are true or not. The voting public and the media will run with it and just assume it is. Then when his opponent is destroyed it won't matter if they come out and prove they are innocent. It has happened in Obama's past and this election will be no different. Romney can show his tax returns for every year of his life and it won't stop. There will be another wild accusation. And you Pensacola and the rest of Obama's minions will be lined up to say it's gotta be true because xyz said it was so, even though they have no proof.

We the people have to start thinking. People like Reid, McCain, and many others are mainly about staying in power. We have to stop voting for a party. I will never vote for someone like a John McCain just because he has an R beside his name. Nor will I defend Bush for the same reason after he grew government more than any other president up until Obama, and he passed huge regulations that have harmed this country. But many defend Bush just because he is a Republican. Not me.

I am with Romney on this issue because of the above reasons, not because he is the Republican candidate. I look forward to the day that will come as Romney lets Reid and you other libs dig a deep political hole that you will have to dig yourselves out of when he shows his tax returns.

Just as the birther issue was silly and made those that pushed it look silly, this one is silly and will make those that believe it look silly.

Hey Nue...I think this is the first time I have been called a minion...lol...made me laugh. I like it, has a better ring to it than some I have been called, like, pointy headed intellectual, pinko communist fag and the one Legendary like, Libtard....Are you a Ron Paul supporter? If so I am in agreement with a couple of his stances, first, bring our troops home. Should have never gone to Iraq, glad we are done. Time to leave Afghanistan, 10 or more wasted years, will be back to it's former self shortly after we are gone. I also believe we should stop this ridiculous war on drugs crap. Paul was for the legalization of marijuana, which makes perfect sense. Time to stop making criminals out of those who would not be for any other reason than possession...Black/Gold

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
Taxes aren't real issues unless we're talking about hiking tax rates, like Obama wants to do, that will affect everybody. I'm done talking about the non-issue of Romney's tax returns. If you want to talk about things that matter, choose from the list below...

1) Obama causing the worst unemployment record for a POTUS since the Great Depression

2) The record deficit level that Obama has created

3) Obama the first president EVER to cause a cut to the US credit rating

4) Obama the first pres to violate the war powers act

5) First pres to ever orchestrate the sale of assault weapons to drug cartels

6) Obama's annihilation of bi-partisan welfare reform

7) Obama first president to intentionally disable credit card security measures in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures.

8) Obama's record poverty levels

9) Obama's record number of people on food stamps

10) Obama's record number of people losing their homes.

11) Obama first President to sign a law requiring all citizens to purchase a product from a third party.

12) Obama's terrible $1T stimulus that spent over $300k for each "shovel ready job" that it created.

13) Obama first pres to ever state that his goal was to force high fuel prices on Americans.

14) Obama first pres to send $200M to a terrorist organization (Hamas).

15) Obama's dangerous national security leaks from the WH to try to make him look good.

There are a million more, but that's a good start.
Ok Legendary, I am dying to listen to your arguement for #4, the War powers act, which has never been recognized by any sitting President.....Fire Away Dude...Black/Gold

Pensacola I'm not a Ron Paul "minion" but I do like a lot of what he say's. I am not totally for his foreign policy stance but I do like a lot of it. We don't need thousands and thousands of troops in Germany and other countries. I guess from what you have said that you are against what Obama has done in Afghanistan. The more I read about what our Founding Fathers believed the more I lean toward staying out of the world's affairs as much as possible. I just don't go as far as Ron Paul, but do go farther than most anybody running for President or that has been President. I am reading a history of the U S now written from a libertarian point of view that is fasinating America'a Forgotten History. It brings up a lot of the Founding Fathers reasons and quotes for staying out of other nations business. Great series of books. Plus the author sells it for only $1.50 on Kindle or PC.

You might find it funny Pensacola that after I graduated from USM I leaned to the left. I even voted for Jimmy Carter (man I hate to admit that one). Then as time went by and I started looking at the real world and getting educated I realized that all that theoretical stuff and ideas didn't match what was happening in real life.. I also realized that the values I was raised with didn't match with them either. I first became a Republican, then I realized that didn't fit who I was. I realized I was a conservative. As a conservative I have no political party. The more I study the Founding Fathers the more I identify with them, except for Alexander Hamilton and John Marshall (probably your heroes).

I find it interesting that both Conservatives and Liberals can find so much in common with the libertarian point of view. Have a great day.

Mark Levin, LMAO, what a tool, knew you were one of his listeners. You didn't win any points using this ass clown for a source....Geez...I know you are smarter than that...And what are you whining about what I picked, can't argue every one of your topics in just one posting, I picked the one that most tweeked my curiosity...Black/Gold
This post was edited on 8/10 10:38 PM by PensacolaEagle

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
Pensacola I'm not a Ron Paul "minion" but I do like a lot of what he say's. I am not totally for his foreign policy stance but I do like a lot of it. We don't need thousands and thousands of troops in Germany and other countries. I guess from what you have said that you are against what Obama has done in Afghanistan. The more I read about what our Founding Fathers believed the more I lean toward staying out of the world's affairs as much as possible. I just don't go as far as Ron Paul, but do go farther than most anybody running for President or that has been President. I am reading a history of the U S now written from a libertarian point of view that is fasinating America'a Forgotten History. It brings up a lot of the Founding Fathers reasons and quotes for staying out of other nations business. Great series of books. Plus the author sells it for only $1.50 on Kindle or PC.

You might find it funny Pensacola that after I graduated from USM I leaned to the left. I even voted for Jimmy Carter (man I hate to admit that one). Then as time went by and I started looking at the real world and getting educated I realized that all that theoretical stuff and ideas didn't match what was happening in real life.. I also realized that the values I was raised with didn't match with them either. I first became a Republican, then I realized that didn't fit who I was. I realized I was a conservative. As a conservative I have no political party. The more I study the Founding Fathers the more I identify with them, except for Alexander Hamilton and John Marshall (probably your heroes).

I find it interesting that both Conservatives and Liberals can find so much in common with the libertarian point of view. Have a great day.
Hey Nue, I voted for Jimmy Carter also! He was most successful in his stance for human rights around the world, but does not get much credit for it in the press any more. I believe I still have a case of Billy Beer around somewhere...lol...Carter is a good man, I believe the Iran hostage situation and the failed rescue sealed his fate in the election against Ronald Reagan. Had the rescue attempt succeeded, he may have won re-election...I do not have a real Hero from the Revolutionary period, but I am interested in the book you are talking about. I did not see the author's name. Would be interested in reading if you will send along the info. I am a big fan of Abraham Lincoln. When you can, read about the election of 1864, they think today's elections are ugly. Those guys were hardcore. Right now I am reading a great book about the Tet Offensive, really enjoyable read by a guy who was on the staff of the Washington Post, was in Vietnam during Tet. His name is Dan Oberdorfer, it was published in 1971. Good read...Black/Gold

Mark Levin, LMAO, what a tool, knew you were one of his listeners. You didn't win any points using this ass clown for a source....Geez...I know you are smarter than that...And what are you whining about what I picked, can't argue every one of your topics in just one posting, I picked the one that most tweeked my curiosity...Black/Gold
This post was edited on 8/10 10:38 PM by PensacolaEagle
I don't even know who he is. I just found the article with a simple Google search. Figures. Don't like the facts, so you attack the source. Pretty weak, even for a closed-minded Obama hack like you.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:

Hey Nue, I voted for Jimmy Carter also! He was most successful in his stance for human rights around the world, but does not get much credit for it in the press any more. I believe I still have a case of Billy Beer around somewhere...lol...Carter is a good man, I believe the Iran hostage situation and the failed rescue sealed his fate in the election against Ronald Reagan. Had the rescue attempt succeeded, he may have won re-election...I do not have a real Hero from the Revolutionary period, but I am interested in the book you are talking about. I did not see the author's name. Would be interested in reading if you will send along the info. I am a big fan of Abraham Lincoln. When you can, read about the election of 1864, they think today's elections are ugly. Those guys were hardcore. Right now I am reading a great book about the Tet Offensive, really enjoyable read by a guy who was on the staff of the Washington Post, was in Vietnam during Tet. His name is Dan Oberdorfer, it was published in 1971. Good read...Black/Gold
Pensacola, the book is America's Forgotten History and the author is Mark David Ledbetter. The link to Amazon where you can purchase it for $1.50 is below. Best buy around. You can load it to your PC or a Kindle. the author is trying to find a publisher for it to go hardback in bookstores. This is one of the best histories I have ever read. Well researched and contains information and thought processes I've not seen elsewhere. Again the author provides analysis from a libertarian point of view.

As for Jimmy Carter I used to respect him as person and just disagreed with his political beliefs. That has all changed with his crazy trips to the middle east and his statements over there. He supports the terrorists over the U S and Israel. If he was so big on human rights he would be denouncing terrorism. But he doesn't. He goes over there and kisses up to them. He seems to only be interested in the human rights of the terrorists. I'm for all human rights. I'll start with the human rights of the women that the Muslims are putting down. Then I'll go to the human rights of the Muslim people that are subjected to a system that denies them a chance to be free and have any prospects of economic future. The Palestinians are condemned to poverty when they are born by the Muslim system. Carter ought to be speaking out about that. I have been to Palestinian areas. The moment you cross the line into one of their areas you go into poverty. There is not one thing that they export out. There is no opportunity there. When you cross into Israel there is an immediate change into prosperity. The other Muslim countries will not take the Palestinians. They refuse to let those people out of that area. That tells you their concern for those people. They don't care and don't want them. Let Carter talk about what the Muslims are doing to their own people some and then I will respect him some. Until then it looks like what he is doing is just working his agenda. And it's not about human rights.

book

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT