ADVERTISEMENT

Gratitude tonight.

InsuranceEagle

BGN Pro Poster
Jan 25, 2006
#1- Many of you know my precious Robyn. She had a severe fall this early am, and is asleep resting comfortably tonight.
#2- The Mighty SEC is done in the College World Series. They should shut their mouths!
#3- The USGA got it wrong with their 'stupid and ludicrous' decision to notify Dustin Johnson of the potential hearing (and Review) of the tapes at the conclusion of his final round with 9+ holes to play in the most intense Golf tournament on the Earth, to win.
I am grateful he won by 3, so the USGA didn't continue to Taint his accomplishment.
I have not been a fan of DJ, but, he certainly earned my respect this past weekend. Great job Mr. Johnson!
#4- The generous gift toward the completion of the 'Bower Academic Center.
#5- Our great baseball season, one of the best ever. CUSA Champions in a very tough Baseball League.
RPI in top 20 out of 300. 41 wins against a tough schedule.
#6- Construction on Campus is Unreal. College of Nursing Building is second to none.
I personally cannot wait for the Dedication ceremony of this Tremendous foot print on Campus.
I believe Mr. and Mrs. Joe Sanderson will be on hand. They have supported my family for years, and made a significant contribution to the Nursing School. Thank you!
#7- I feel we are in good hands with Mr. McGillis. I truly believe he is working hard for Athletics.
#8- We may have the best line-up of Coaches we've ever had at Southern Miss:
Thank you Coach Berry, Wendy Hogue, Tennis, Golf (Men and Women),, Track and field, great 'strides' in Eugene. Very proud of you 3!
Coach Hopson. I love our coaches!
#9--The General is doing his job. He defines loyalty!
#10--City Council did their job, and approved the needed additional funds for the Infrastructure for the 'District at MIDTOWN' project. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, it could be the single most important transformation construction project ever for Hattiesburg and Southern Miss!
Thank you.

Some last thoughts: I know this is probably boring to most of you, however:
I have a good friend and new client that is a USM engineering Alum. He sports a new truck with the new Eagle Logo sticker on it. He told me, that a local engineer (MSU grad) called him and chastised him for his new sticker on his truck. I asked my friend, 'does he know you are a Southern Miss Alum?' He text me back, "I guess not!'
WTH!!
Today, I made a point to remind him the facts: They have succeeded with their mission to put us down. These were a few significant wins that I witnessed our school administer to them:
Ole Miss and Mississippi State decided to end A great tradition in the state of Mississippi..... the most exciting and intense games I've ever been a part of. They simply refused to renew these great ('lets keep the money in the state') games versus USM.
Look it up!
1981: USM 7, MSU 6. Played before the largest crowd ever to witness a sporting event in Mississippi. 64,112 packed Mississippi Memorial Stadium to watch maybe THE most important games ever played in the state. The great Carl Walters of the Jackson Clarion Ledger ranked it #2 in his top 10 list of all time games played in the State. At that time, Vaught Hemmingway had capacity of around 40,000 as did Scott Field. Jackson was the Happening place to play.

1980: USM 42, MSU 14. In Starkville, Reggie and Sammy run wild.
1978: USM 22, MSU 17. at the Rock. Sammy Winder, a walk on, earns a schollie after scoring 2 touchdowns to lead the Eagles to a monumental win at the Rock.
Down 17-0 at the Rock, USM storms back with 22 unanswered points to win 22-17.
After the game, Coach Collins awards Sammy with a Scholarship!

I could go on and on and on and on.

But, let me tell you guys what I told my friend today. This happened when I was growing up in South Mississippi. It was important to me. Helped define who I am today. We were not a second rate program. We dominated Mississippi. Today: I wish it was a level playing field with the almighty dollar.

Our record against the SUN when they made the decision to "drop USM' was 10 wins and 4 losses to MSU.
5-2 against Ole Miss in our Last 7 meetings.
Combined record in the last 21 meetings versus the SUN: 15 wins, 6 losses.
At the time, attendance records set in Jackson, Oxford, Starkville and Hattiesburg, when Southern Miss played either Mississippi or MSU.

I really like our little P5 program. Interesting times ahead!
Forget. HELL.
I won't. Never will.
IE

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News