ADVERTISEMENT

Golden State warriors

Only in America would most of the NBA players be as successful as they are.......respect the position not the person and go

At least one team has the right idea (from wapo)

“The Pittsburgh Penguins would never turn down a visit to the White House and, if invited, we would go as a team,” David Morehouse, the team’s CEO and president, said in a statement to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Tuesday.

Although Penguins owner Ron Burkle has been a Democratic donor and Morehouse worked for the Clinton Administration and for Al Gore during his 2000 presidential campaign, Morehouse added that celebrating at the White House has little to do with its occupant.

“We respect the office of the presidency of the United States and what it stands for,” he said. “Any opposition or disagreement with a president’s policies, or agenda, can be expressed in other ways.”

You better bet your ass I am going to hang out at the White House if invited. I don't care if Mitch Landreau is the President (Nola moron mayor). It's the place not the person to me! And I will have a big dumb smile on my face the entire time.

Your state rep can arrange a tour of the White House with proper notice. So it's definitely about the person. And he's HORRIBLE and most people know it.

Reactions: PensacolaEagle
You better bet your ass I am going to hang out at the White House if invited. I don't care if Mitch Landreau is the President (Nola moron mayor). It's the place not the person to me! And I will have a big dumb smile on my face the entire time.
This is just another example of the difference between Liberals and Conservatives. One respects people and institutions, the other doesn't. Political discrimination is still discrimination. Tolerance is a two-way street.
Personally, I hope the Warriors stick to their guns and don't go. It is nothing more than a dog and pony show anyway. They do not need to be given that stage as a prop for their political games. There is enough games being played out in the Swamp right now.

Your state rep can arrange a tour of the White House with proper notice. So it's definitely about the person. And he's HORRIBLE and most people know it.
Big difference between arranging a tour a being invited by the POTUS. The Penguins coach understands that his differing political views don't matter, and he's got it right.

True. But I respect that they are choosing not to attend.

I am done.

This is just another example of the difference between Liberals and Conservatives. One respects people and institutions, the other doesn't. Political discrimination is still discrimination. Tolerance is a two-way street.
Personally, I hope the Warriors stick to their guns and don't go. It is nothing more than a dog and pony show anyway. They do not need to be given that stage as a prop for their political games. There is enough games being played out in the Swamp right now.

https://www.civilized.life/articles/athletes-who-have-snubbed-american-presidents/

So very different...

I think that's exactly what maniac was saying. As horrible as Obama was, I would still have gone bc of the position and personal opportunity.
I heard once some people cut their own nose off to spite their face, ya know.

I think a lot of people talk out of there ass. They do not know the president just as I don't. I wager they do not know what he is trying to do. He will never please all the people all the time. If the democrats would at least pass a few laws like tax reform,and a health care reform which they could put there 2 cent's in they could be helping the people. The way it is right now nothing is getting done. The democrats need to help the president and not fight him all the way. All the democrats do is bitch and complain and lie about everything.

I think a lot of people talk out of there ass. They do not know the president just as I don't. I wager they do not know what he is trying to do. He will never please all the people all the time. If the democrats would at least pass a few laws like tax reform,and a health care reform which they could put there 2 cent's in they could be helping the people. The way it is right now nothing is getting done. The democrats need to help the president and not fight him all the way. All the democrats do is bitch and complain and lie about everything.

I agree. Nothing is getting done but you're asking the democrats to work with him but you know on the day President Obama came in office Boehner and McConnell were meeting to decide how to make Obama a 1 term president. So they NEVER had any intentions of working with him on anything

Reactions: PensacolaEagle
He will never get anything done until the republican and democrats stop fighting. When Obama came into office he had a large majority that is how he got all his law's passed. president Trump does not have that majority. Obama forced law's through because of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT