ADVERTISEMENT

Gold Pub hosting the Colonel Reb Tour.....

It is hard for someone in business today, to turn business down. I hope thi will not hurt him.

Originally posted by KICKING TEE:
It is hard for someone in business today, to turn business down. I hope thi will not hurt him.
This.

Sorry Tee, a place that promotes USM and markets itself as a place for USM fans to frequent, then sells out to host a Ole Miss function this publicized, is going to lose support by USM fans and it should be that way. Whatever income they get form this one night is not worth what future income they will lose by USM supporters. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Hopefully USM supporters will take note and end their support of the Gold Pub.

I don't pretend to tell the man how to run his business. Does he buy from Sysco? I bet they won't quit selling them over this.

You guys take this stuff way too seriously.

What if the money the Gold Pub makes from this event will be used to keep his head afloat in these tough times to in turn help pay for his sponsorship on BGN or in the Eagle Club.

Get over yourselves. They are big time USM fans but you gotta pay the bills first.

I usually go there three times a week. They will never see another dime from me. That's just plain embarrassing.

Originally posted by uwgatusm:
You guys take this stuff way too seriously.

What if the money the Gold Pub makes from this event will be used to keep his head afloat in these tough times to in turn help pay for his sponsorship on BGN or in the Eagle Club.

Get over yourselves. They are big time USM fans but you gotta pay the bills first.

Yea, just bend over and take it. That is a great philosophy. Sorry, but if the Gold Pub hosts this Ole Piss event, they can kiss a lot of USM supporters money goodbye. As for taking this stuff seriously, I was fighting this kind of crap 35 years ago and won't ever stop. Pansy USM fans that bow down to something like this aren't worthy of being USM fans.

Originally posted by IRON-EAGLE:
I usually go there three times a week. They will never see another dime from me. That's just plain embarrassing.
You guys really are taking this too seriously. Aren't most businesses, especially in the food industry, down this time of the year in Hattiesburg?!?

Tell me 1 restaurant in the city of Hattiesburg, given the opportunity would turn down this business/ Please?

Originally posted by Finn_Finn:
Originally posted by IRON-EAGLE:
You guys really are taking this too seriously. Aren't most businesses, especially in the food industry, down this time of the year in Hattiesburg?!?

Too seriously? Damn right I take a business marketing itself as a place for diehard USM fans to come spend their money to drink and eat hosting a Colonel Reb event serious. If you don't, then you need to take your Red and Blue glasses off.

Tell me 1 restaurant in the city of Hattiesburg, given the opportunity would turn down this business/ Please?

Name one restaurant in this town that has worked hard to market itself as a place for diehard USM fans to come support USM that would host this event. Never thought you were such a pansy Tee. What happened to that Black and Gold backbone?

So if someone came into your place of business and offered to use your services or product or whatever your business is but he had an Ole Miss shirt on, you'd turn him down?

Take your Black and Gold blinders off.

Southern Miss - We eat our own.

Probably should have thought about it more, maybe I wouldn't be going out of business today. If you think business in Hattiesburg can make it on Southern Miss people alone, I will tell you that you are in trouble.

So if someone came into your place of business and offered to use your services or product or whatever your business is but he had an Ole Miss shirt on, you'd turn him down?

Take your Black and Gold blinders off.

Southern Miss - We eat our own.

In Hattiesburg, in a New York second. By the way, this is no ordinary business, this a business that is nameed Gold Pub, that markets itself to USM supporters. I am shocked at the number of so called fans here that are just ready to roll over and take it up the arse one more time. I guess Sweet Pepper is the second favorite restaurant you guys have in Hattiesburg.

Boxer, total crap! If they offered to buy him for a nite, he would sell in a minute.

I'm not going to knock you as a fun, because I admire your blind faith, but you've gotta come back to reality.

When the choice is to either pay the bills or be prideful just for the sake of being prideful, anyone with any intelligence is going to take the cash.

Please don't go to the Gold Pub anymore - I'd hate to see you suffering through a cold beer and a good burger all because someone wanted to put food on the table for his family and continue paying his Eagle Club dues.

I'm not going to knock you as a fun, because I admire your blind faith, but you've gotta come back to reality.

When the choice is to either pay the bills or be prideful just for the sake of being prideful, anyone with any intelligence is going to take the cash.

Please don't go to the Gold Pub anymore - I'd hate to see you suffering through a cold beer and a good burger all because someone wanted to put food on the table for his family and continue paying his Eagle Club dues.

With USM fans like you, we might as well fold the tent. There are plenty of places to go to have that beer and burger that are not sell outs. Do you think not going to the Gold Pub is some kind of big sacrifice? Get real.

No, this man is a business man first. Hayell there is no doubt that he and his family love SOUTHERN MISS first, but he is trying to SURVIVE! If it is the RUSSIAN KBG wanting to reserve his restaurant for a nite, and offer him more money than he ever received in 1 nite,he would be craZy to refuse it. The man is in no position to turn down business.

The way some of you guys think, I guess you wouldn't find anything wrong with Lanny taking on Colonel Reb as an official sponsor of BGN?

Tee, no sense in trying to talk business sense with this guy.

It's obvious that he's been working off that silver spoon because you just don't have a clue.

It's not personal. It's business!

No, this man is a business man first. Hayell there is no doubt that he and his family love SOUTHERN MISS first, but he is trying to SURVIVE! If it is the RUSSIAN KBG wanting to reserve his restaurant for a nite, and offer him more money than he ever received in 1 nite,he would be craZy to refuse it. The man is in no position to turn down business.

Well, then he is in position to lose one hell of a lot more business than he is going to gain for that one night of Colonel Reb love. That is a fact.

What if we had a bgn tour and wanted to rent out a popular ole miss hangout like the oxford rest stop men's room, would they rent it out to USM fans? I kid, not ALL rebel fans are gay.

Do you think the Gold Pub should refuse business because some of their patrons support other schools, because that is what you are saying?

Tee, no sense in trying to talk business sense with this guy.

It's obvious that he's been working off that silver spoon because you just don't have a clue.

It's not personal. It's business!

Do you really think a business promoting itself as a Southern Miss establishment, then hosting a Colonel Reb event, is not making a poor business decision? You seem to be naive enough to not understand that in every business decision you have to weigh the pluses and minuses of that decision. This is a poor decision that will have a far more negative than positive influence on the business's income stream. Nothing personal, just business.

Do you think the Gold Pub should refuse business because some of their patrons support other schools, because that is what you are saying?

Good grief Tee, nobody is saying you don't serve fans of other schools, but to have your business listed in a promotion hosting a Colonel Reb event is not just serving patrons that happen to be Ole Miss fans, it is a slap in the face of all the USM fans that frequent your business.

Faulting a Southern Miss supporter for making a business decision over something this miniscule that will help him continue to sponsor BGN and pay his Eagle Club dues and buy season tickets is disgusting.

Point blank.

And I'm done with this ridiculous conversation. If you want to be an uppity "champion" of the Black and Gold and take your business away from a USM fan and go elsewhere, that's your twisted agenda buddy.

I will continue to support businesses that support USM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT