ADVERTISEMENT

Feds won't allow copper mine that will employ 1,300

Eagleyed

Key Reserve
Jan 12, 2011
Environmental study carried out. It's in the middle of nowhereville Nevada. So it came back as no problem. (in the middle of a desert).

Unemployment in the town where the mine wishes to locate 15%- most residents for it.

Average pay for the mining jobs- Over $75,000 a year starting off with full medical coverage.

Will the government allow it- Nope! it's on national park land and if someone happens to be off camping in the middle of a park dozens of miles from the road, in the middle of a desert, they might just happen to come across the mine. OH the horror!

I see these articles almost daily but most locations aren't in the middle of the desert. This is why I truly believe that the government is not interested in creating jobs but, creating bureaucracy. Which in turn creates their own jobs in government. We could have near zero percent unemployment. But, the government only allows certain types of jobs anything else will get miles of red tape until you give up.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/02/why-america-cant-have-nice-things-congress-and-a-stalled-nevada-mine/272799/?google_editors_picks=true#

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT