ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Rodney D. Bennett

Feb 13, 2004
Hey Eagles, I haven't been over here in many moons. Since we played last, your team has done a heck of a lot better than ours.

The University of Nebraska just hired your President for our Chancellor. We spent over $100K on the search and took time with it, so hopefully we are hiring the best candidate available. Any thoughts? Has Dr. Bennett done a good job at Southern Mississippi?

Hey Eagles, I haven't been over here in many moons. Since we played last, your team has done a heck of a lot better than ours.

The University of Nebraska just hired your President for our Chancellor. We spent over $100K on the search and took time with it, so hopefully we are hiring the best candidate available. Any thoughts? Has Dr. Bennett done a good job at Southern Mississippi?
This will tell you something about Bennett. He took over at President in school year 2013. In 2013-2014 we had a total student population of 15,249. USM population had grown every year until Bennett took over as President. We lost students every year he was president. By the time he left as President the student Population was 14,146. Ole Miss and Mississippi State both grew in Population every year Bennett was President is USM. He was more interested in diversity and cutting programs at the school. Several popular professors left because of disagreements with his management style. Good luck.

Good and bad are subjective based on what you want him to do. I really can't say he was good or bad overall.

Good and bad are subjective based on what you want him to do. I really can't say he was good or bad overall.

The decrease of Student population e dry year he was President when it had been increasing every year before he arrived tells me a lot about his Leadership or lack of it. Other Presidents give their salaries to help the students and the School. Didn’t see much specific good he did for our school.

Thanks for the updates and opinions. He looks as if he might be a bit of a crusader, but as long as he keeps his hands out of the Athletic Department, I'm good. The University of Nebraska has lost students too having the lowest enrollment since 2006 or 2008. I chalk that up to prices of everything exploding, kids figuring out going to community college for a couple years is a lot cheaper, and there's a heck of a lot more money to be made as a plumber or electrician than an anthropologist.

Reactions: ColonelTom71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT