ADVERTISEMENT

Current state of this message board!!!

DallasEagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2002
I get the frustration with how the game went. What I dont get is some of the venom and anger that is being thrown at a second year HC who inherited a program in shambles, that was way short on scholarship athletes and talent and went through season number one dealing with tons of injuries like ive never seen before with this program. Let me give you a news flash..... Hall ISNT GOING TO BE FIRED THIS SEASON!!! Hall ISNT GOING TO BE FIRED NEXT SEASON!!! Sane people who recognize the state the program was in are going to push stability and let the HC get an opportunity to get the talent level back to where it needs to be.

Im indifferent to Hall and whether he has what it takes to make it here. What im not indifferent to is the fact that this program needs stability and someone to upgrade the talent. At the very least, hes grown the talent base in year two. He's our guy for at least two more seasons, quite possibly three. This ignorant discussion going on here about his learning what a Quarterback is and does.....is beyond ridiculous and makes you look stupid and makes me think you are still in grade school. They game planned for Keyes and the superback. When Keyes got hurt the logical this was to run the superback and not throw a Freshman out there who wasnt a part of the game plan to potentially destroy his confidence.... Seems i remember ELOSS doing just that. From what I read from Heath, Wilke is running with the ones in practice today....so maybe Hall is going to game plan for him and get him in a position to grow.

Maybe im just being realistic, but given the talent implications we have, i figured we would be hard pressed to stay within 14 points of a veteran coached and scholarship full team that has gone 26-11 over the last three seasons. A team i might add that has a athletic budget at 45-million per year. That's almost double our budget. Stuff like that matters. A LOT!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News