ADVERTISEMENT

Cindy-Hyde Smith

Wasn’t Cindy a Democrat just a few years ago before she switched parties? We don’t need another liberal pretending to be a Republican in the Senate throwing wrenches in legislation. John McCain is causing enough problems.

Wasn’t Cindy a Democrat just a few years ago before she switched parties? We don’t need another liberal pretending to be a Republican in the Senate throwing wrenches in legislation. John McCain is causing enough problems.
This will not happen with her.

-Gov Bryant wouldn't select her if he didn't believe she would win against her challengers; he's testing her numbers against the competition now just to make sure before he announces her...if she doesn't poll well enough, he'll select his 2nd choice, Hoseman. We will find out probably by tomorrow (Wed).

Also, Pres' Trump loves her and will campaign for her here in MS!
the Hose would beat them all.

i wish he'd run for Gov instead of Ta(in)te.

i want Phil to stack the state with friends, cronies, people that owe him, etc...including the IHL...then retire to become the President of THE University of Southern Mississippi.

then, tell MisStake and Old Mess to...

dgenerationx.jpg~c200

Last edited:
the Hose would beat them all.

i wish he'd run for Gov instead of Ta(in)te.

i want Phil to stack the state with friends, cronies, people that owe him, etc...including the IHL...then retire to become the President of THE University of Southern Mississippi.

then, tell MisStake and Old Mess to...

dgenerationx.jpg~c200
I dont think it will be very far down the road before we have another president. I think RB is looking for his next gig.

I dont think it will be very far down the road before we have another president. I think RB is looking for his next gig.
I’m starting to be more and more convinced that being successful at USM requires more than just leaders who are qualified or look good on paper. We need people who have a specific passion or calling for USM. Not saying that qualification needs to go out the window at all... But I hope that our future leaders don’t continue to be people with no ties or association to USM. There seems to be an underlying apathy that tends to set in when that is the case.

Courting the democrats to the polls for starters..... that’s the only way he could beat Mcdaniel.
Every politician who hasn't placed themselves at an extreme political position courts the opposing party's vote - ESPECIALLY in MS where the democrats rarely have a chance at a statewide election win. In fact, it is so common in political races that a candidate is negligent not to court some voters from the other party. I'm not saying anything bad about Chris - it is just my opinion that he lost to Cochran fair and square. I think that his supporters would do better by him and his chances of winning the open seat by letting that issue go and staying on topic with his vision for MS.

What year did she graduate from Southern Miss?
-Not sure, I think either ~ '81 or '82. She went to Co-Lin & SM with my wife.

And she's as conservative as they come; her husband's a cattle farmer in Brookhaven, pro 2nd amendment (they hunt) & as Sec of Ag she single-handedly got the Chinese gov't to begin buying American beef after they had banned our beef for many years (one more reason why Farm Bureau strongly endorses her). She's high-energy, as Trump would say, and sharp as a tack.
Don't let CM try to paint her as a Lib'. He might as well try to paint Gov' Bryant as a Lib then too.

McDaniels ran as anti-establisment and was able to go toe to toe with Cochran. He will not be able to do that against Smith. A lot of his support came from the " vote any long term incumbent out" crowd. I supported Chris on this basis. Either one would be able to garner my support this time. I no longer live in Mississippi, but that's just my opinion.

McDaniels ran as anti-establisment and was able to go toe to toe with Cochran. He will not be able to do that against Smith. A lot of his support came from the " vote any long term incumbent out" crowd. I supported Chris on this basis. Either one would be able to garner my support this time. I no longer live in Mississippi, but that's just my opinion.
He ran a hard race for sure. However, he was facing a depleted, weak Cochran. He would not lay a glove on Cochran in his prime. Cochran ran for one term too many.

He ran a hard race for sure. However, he was facing a depleted, weak Cochran. He would not lay a glove on Cochran in his prime. Cochran ran for one term too many.
Cochran ran for four terms too many......that is the reason Chris came as close as he did. Smith will not have the establishment tag on her when she has to run for election. She won't have any problems with Chris. That ship has sailed.
Having said that I hope she will not be the next lifetime senator......

Term limits would be one of the absolute best things for our country. Don’t ever see this happening as those in office now would have to vote to put themselves out of a very cushy job.
Convention of States....don't know if they can get a foothold, but it's growing. They want term limits on Justices too. It bypasses the politicians.

Term limits would be one of the absolute best things for our country. Don’t ever see this happening as those in office now would have to vote to put themselves out of a very cushy job.
No kidding. I’m sick of these career politicians amassing huge net worths by selling out the taxpayers.

Reactions: JDHank
Wonder if Bannon will campaign for McDaniel. Would Trump campaign against Mississippi's first female Senator? Can't wait to read about it....

Cindy's BIPEC rating is exactly the same as the good Senator from Jones County. I don't think anyone would call him a liberal.

Just FYI....McDaniel voted against allowing the residents of Hattiesburg to have just the opportunity to vote on the 1% tax increase with half going for USM coliseum. However it still passed the senate.

Just FYI....McDaniel voted against allowing the residents of Hattiesburg to have just the opportunity to vote on the 1% tax increase with half going for USM coliseum. However it still passed the senate.
Of course he did. He votes no on anything that benefits us.
i worked at carey when he was an undergrad. He was a pompous little ass then and hasn't changed.

The way McDaniel has showed his ass repeatedly and accomplished next to nothing, I doubt he can count on all off his 2014 supporters to vote for him again. The “anybody but McDaniel” camp is probably larger than you think.
The “I’m voting for the white Republican man who believes the south will rise again” crowd is a lot larger than you think... Hattiesburg is one of only a few areas in MS where ideologies like that don’t run rampant. Mostly the college towns and Jackson.

The rurals will show up in droves to vote in a guy that promises to take us back to the glory days.
She will beat Mcdaniel like a rented mule .
He lost half of his supporters when she was appointed . Plus he shit in his Wheaties
Being a sore loser with the 10 MILLION dollar ass whipping Cochran gave him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT